Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Hi from Quantum. Royal Caribbean is definitely NOT charging for second rides on iFly. What's been explained to us is that it's limiting the reservations you can make to one at a time. So if you book for a slot on Monday, once you've gone you can book for the next day (or any other day).

There's no extra charge.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Well, the fee should cut down on the lines.

Hi from Quantum. Royal Caribbean is definitely NOT charging for second rides on iFly. What's been explained to us is that it's limiting the reservations you can make to one at a time. So if you book for a slot on Monday, once you've gone you can book for the next day (or any other day).

There's no extra charge.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

So I really don't know what to believe now, cause people onboard are being told their is a charge...

PeeWee,

I hope your family is feeling better this morning. My parents on currently on Adventure that left out of Southampton the same day you did. I finally got an email from Mom this morning- she says the internet is nonexistant because of the weather. She says they've been going through gale force winds and she's been seasick from the start, although she did say that "Quantum has it worse than us, as they are going straight through the weather" according to the crew. Of course, my Dad is loving all the rocking and rolling, but Mom just wants to stop feeling yucky. I hope you find calmer seas soon and your family can eventually enjoy their cruise.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa.

I am feeling fine it's just sad seeing my wife so fed up! Little girl is ok also now. It's just hard to do anything. Our main problem is the cabin which is nobody's fault. Being on the bow it's like being in a roller coaster! And there is none stop banging all night. Had 2 nights now of very little sleep. We try to get down to the middle of deck 4 where the movement is far less

Hoping to start my review/blog soon. But I think if I sit down and start typing at length on my laptop I might start feeling it!

Just gonna relax today and watch the White caps out the window.

So I really don't know what to believe now, cause people onboard are being told their is a charge...

Pure speculation but they might be charging for additional minutes to the standard length of a fly and not for a second go at a later date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Quantum Launchers!

Thank you so much for this live report. the pictures look fantastic, and I really appreciate you reporting back for all of us! It's making me anticipate January 3rd even more. ;)

I am trying to get an idea of drink prices. Are they in line with the rest of the fleet, or have there been price increases? I know, for example, the room service menu is vastly different than the rest of the fleet. I am trying to get an idea if things have been revamped for the Quantum as well.

Thank you so much! I hope the rocking and rolling has stopped, and you are settling into your cruise. :)

Mona

But of an update. Had a call from the food and beverage director last night asking to schedule an appointment with me today. Just had that appointment. A great guy and we had a good batter over coffee and chocolates!

All restaurants will from tonight have a basic kids menu running! He completely agreed they should have one in place and he apologises and has sorted it

Also sorrentos and a few other places on deck 4 will now have drinks available all day and morning he said it was an oversight on their part and something they hadn't thought of

What can I say!! Superb service And I couldn't have asked for more. I didn't raise a fuss with any of the complaints I made did it politely and they have sorted it. Very impressed!

What a shame about Mamma Mia. My son, 'Pepper' in the show, will be gutted! We caught a full dress rehearsal last week in Southampton and, with a mild bias, it was great - had everyone on their feet for the finale. Hope you get to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must have "missed it" what's a shame about Mamma Mia? sorry, I missed it

There's no extra charge.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Thanks for clarifying that up. When I read the $50 charge for one minute I thought it was totally ridiculous and a complete turn off. Great to hear this. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Please provide any updates or additional information from Guest Services or other restaurants regarding kid's menus. This could be a deal breaker and cause me to cancel my cruise in Feb if they will not have kids menus in all of the restaurants. We should not have to rely on Windjammer. I recall in the Dynamic Dining webcast with Adam that he indicated there would be kids menus and there would also be the alternate menus with standard basic dish options similar to like they have in current MDR on other ships.

I too remember Adam Goldstein saying they would have regular menu. You should not have to go to Windjammer especially when you want to dine with others while they experience the many dining options. I have many dietary restrictions and am hoping a standard menu will be available just in case. I do not Facebook but for those that do, I see RCI monitors that site and responds on that site. Also may want to voice concerns directly with RCI regarding kids menu so they can correct this immediately especially if it is going to be a deal breaker.

The one menu I saw posted was a little different than those posted on the Royal website. The American Icon grill has turkey instead of surf and turf as shown on the website.

Looks like the American Icon menu also lost the short rib entrée as well. And a fried chicken turned into chicken and waffles...

Thanks Melissa.

I am feeling fine it's just sad seeing my wife so fed up! Little girl is ok also now. It's just hard to do anything. Our main problem is the cabin which is nobody's fault. Being on the bow it's like being in a roller coaster! And there is none stop banging all night. Had 2 nights now of very little sleep. We try to get down to the middle of deck 4 where the movement is far less

Hoping to start my review/blog soon. But I think if I sit down and start typing at length on my laptop I might start feeling it!

Just gonna relax today and watch the White caps out the window.

If it will make you feel a little better, The QM2 is doing the crossing to Southampton , and they hit very rough seas. The ship was rocking and rolling.

Hopefully seas will calm down, but Its good to see how this new ship handles very

Rough seas

Edited by turquoise 6
Spelling

But of an update. Had a call from the food and beverage director last night asking to schedule an appointment with me today. Just had that appointment. A great guy and we had a good batter over coffee and chocolates!

All restaurants will from tonight have a basic kids menu running! He completely agreed they should have one in place and he apologises and has sorted it

Also sorrentos and a few other places on deck 4 will now have drinks available all day and morning he said it was an oversight on their part and something they hadn't thought of

What can I say!! Superb service And I couldn't have asked for more. I didn't raise a fuss with any of the complaints I made did it politely and they have sorted it. Very impressed!

Thank you so much for going to the meeting and getting the kids menu issue sorted!

--Mom to a picky 7 year old with a Quantum cruise coming up!

Following. The royal loft is bigger than my house! Lol

It's sad that RCCL is charging $50 for second rides on iFLY, that will be a major disappointment to many cruisers.:(:(:(

Is the flowrider still free? Anyone riding the flowrider?

Perhaps this has already been answered, but is there a fee for North Star?

I agree, especially when it was said that it was free. That's a bit steep for 2 minutes.

Is the first ride free ? $50 is over the top, this nickel & diming us has to stop.:eek::eek:

The iFly fee is probably meant more as a deterrent for multiple rides so that all guests who want to try it will have an opportunity. However, given the money it cost to build this type of ship, RCI has to recoup their money someway. However, I do feel some of the out of pocket expenses are pretty steep.

The iFly fee is probably meant more as a deterrent for multiple rides so that all guests who want to try it will have an opportunity. However, given the money it cost to build this type of ship, RCI has to recoup their money someway. However, I do feel some of the out of pocket expenses are pretty steep.

My thoughts too. When I first heard about iFly, I assumed there would be a fee and was happy to find out we can go at least once for free.

Looks like the American Icon menu also lost the short rib entrée as well. And a fried chicken turned into chicken and waffles...

Can someone ask about the surf & turf in American Icon and if it will be offered once the ship gets to the USA please?

I made dinner reservations based around that menu item :D

Thanks

Donna

There's no extra charge.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Carolyn, thanks for clearing this up for everyone! Glad to hear there is no charge.

Can someone ask about the surf & turf in American Icon and if it will be offered once the ship gets to the USA please?

I made dinner reservations based around that menu item :D

Thanks

Donna

I hope the menus are the same as what is posted on the RCCL site because that's how we determined where to eat as well.

So glad to hear that about the menus. Thank you for sharing this important info. Hope you all feel better soon.