Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

We wait with baited breath that our ship will be waiting for us the morning of November 2nd - we're all a little concerned about the two day delivery day that Liz mentioned earlier, but as Lloyd, the ever optimist on our Roll Call said, if there is a two day delay, then likely the two-day press sailing will be canceled, and we will be the first passengers on board, which would be really awesome.

I'm also waiting for the Royal iQ App to become available. Rumor is that it'll be available next week.

Also, here in NYC, Royal's starting to pick up the media/advertising campaigns. There is a QoS commercial playing in taxis - coworkers are starting to ask me, "Is that the ship you're going on?" "Wait, didn't you book over a year ago??" Yes, yes… :)

Royal's partnering with the MTA to provide free wi-fi in subway stations the day we arrive in NJ (11/10). Here's a link to the Press Release.

Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm for this thread! We can't wait to share all the fun with you! :)

Edited by jv_nyc

Can't wait to see some pictures of the finished product.....

We are on the 12/1 sailing and still have not seen finished pictures...

I have been following the new terminal at Bayonne and it looks like it might be done just in time for the ship......

Helen......

We wait with baited breath that our ship will be waiting for us the morning of November 2nd - we're all a little concerned about the two day delivery day that Liz mentioned earlier, but as Lloyd, the ever optimist on our Roll Call said, if there is a two day delay, then likely the two-day press sailing will be canceled, and we will be the first passengers on board, which would be really awesome.

I'm also waiting for the Royal iQ App to become available. Rumor is that it'll be available next week.

Also, here in NYC, Royal's starting to pick up the media/advertising campaigns. There is a QoS commercial playing in taxis - coworkers are starting to ask me, "Is that the ship you're going on?" "Wait, didn't you book over a year ago??" Yes, yes… :)

Royal's partnering with the MTA to provide free wi-fi in subway stations the day we arrive in NJ (11/10). Here's a link to the Press Release.

Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm for this thread! We can't wait to share all the fun with you! :)

Really looking forward to reading everything you post as we are booked on Anthem next year !!!

Can't wait to see some pictures of the finished product.....

We are on the 12/1 sailing and still have not seen finished pictures...

I have been following the new terminal at Bayonne and it looks like it might be done just in time for the ship......

Helen......

Helen - excellent point.

We might be the first passengers to use the new terminal too! Sad to think about the end of the cruise before it's even started, but I'm adding the new terminal to the list of things for us to cover after we disembark because people will be curious about it too. I've sailed out of Bayonne a couple of times, so I'm hoping for a lot of improvements.

Now, would Royal pay for another cruise so that we can continue the our report with the story of embarkation from the new terminal? :)

Edited by jv_nyc

It is amazing to think that we first heard about Project Sunshine nearly 4 years ago :eek:

Yes February 11th 2011 was the day Royal Caribbean announced Project Sunshine (now we of course know it as Quantum Class)

Nearly 4 years some of us have been planning this cruise...4 years :eek: :D

Subscribed! Couldn't subscribe using my ipad - just could not access the thread tab. So I did it on my laptop. Worked fine. Sailing Quantam on Dec 1, so looking very forward to reading everything you post.

Thanks again

Fran

Subscribed! Couldn't subscribe using my ipad - just could not access the thread tab. So I did it on my laptop. Worked fine. Sailing Quantam on Dec 1, so looking very forward to reading everything you post.

Thanks again

Fran

Hi Fran.....how are you doing? Email me sometime. Eva has it. I don't have your email. Lost some emails with a computer break down.

I am going to follow along here too, but won't be sailing the Quantum. Just want to see what it is all about. Maybe someday, we will sail the Anthem. Prices have to drop quite a bit for us to book though.

Should be a great review with all these people posting pictures and thoughts on the new Quantum. We will be cruising Nov. 1 on the Grandeur, so will have to catch up on this review when we return. It will probably take me months to catch up from that point.

To the OP/OPs. Thanks so much for doing this. Should be a very active thread. Look how far it has come so far. And the ship isn't even here in the states yet.:p;)

Gwen :)

are they rolling out a new set sail pass that goes on your wrist and not a card type

does anyone know?

During the online check in for Quantum you will be requested to add a photo this is your boarding photo to your account ( to save time at check in at the port).

The set sail passes will have a Boarding Group on it...as in Boarding Group A for suites and Pinnacle, B for Diamond Plus and so on.

You will also have an Arrival Appointment showing on your set sail pass.

Also you will need to print a set sail pass for each person, unlike the old ones where a couple would just have the one but with both names on it.

When you check in they will scan your set sail pass,check your ID but you will not get your sea pass card until you are on the ship. It will be in a sealed envelope outside your cabin door.

When you go into your cabin you should find a WOW band for your wrist, which you can use rather your sea pass card. You will need to take the WOW band to Royal IQ to activate it and it does cost $2 for the use of this wrist band. You do not need to wear it all the time, you can take it off if you like.

Hope this helps.:D

I'm in... DH and I are sailing the 7-night Bahamas itinerary on February 13, 2015 and are very much looking forward to what fellow CC'ers experience on Quantum. A bit THANKS to the TransAtlantic roll-call crew for taking the time to get the information out to everyone who is anxiously awaiting...

Subscribing so I can find the thread again. I'm surprised the moderators haven't moved it to the other section yet.

Shouldnt be a problem finding it. Looking forward to reading all about this:D

trying to convince the dW to do this on a future cruise

When you check in they will scan your set sail pass,check your ID but you will not get your sea pass card until you are on the ship. It will be in a sealed envelope outside your cabin door.

Was wondering how this was going to work. Now all it takes is one idiot to go through the hallways taking everyone's envelopes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Was wondering how this was going to work. Now all it takes is one idiot to go through the hallways taking everyone's envelopes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I was thinking the same thing.....:eek:

Edited by debitoo

During the online check in for Quantum you will be requested to add a photo this is your boarding photo to your account ( to save time at check in at the port).

The set sail passes will have a Boarding Group on it...as in Boarding Group A for suites and Pinnacle, B for Diamond Plus and so on.

You will also have an Arrival Appointment showing on your set sail pass.

Also you will need to print a set sail pass for each person, unlike the old ones where a couple would just have the one but with both names on it.

When you go into your cabin you should find a WOW band for your wrist, which you can use rather your sea pass card. You will need to take the WOW band to Royal IQ to activate it and it does cost $2 for the use of this wrist band. You do not need to wear it all the time, you can take it off if you like.

Hope this helps.:D[/quote

I assume we don't have to use the wrist band?? I didn't realize it would cost extra and I really have never had a problem using the regular card. Thanks for the info.

Hi Fran.....how are you doing? Email me sometime. Eva has it. I don't have your email. Lost some emails with a computer break down.

I am going to follow along here too, but won't be sailing the Quantum. Just want to see what it is all about. Maybe someday, we will sail the Anthem. Prices have to drop quite a bit for us to book though.

Should be a great review with all these people posting pictures and thoughts on the new Quantum. We will be cruising Nov. 1 on the Grandeur, so will have to catch up on this review when we return. It will probably take me months to catch up from that point.

To the OP/OPs. Thanks so much for doing this. Should be a very active thread. Look how far it has come so far. And the ship isn't even here in the states yet.:p;)

Gwen :)

Hi Gwen, How are you? Just found this thread. We will be on the Dec 1 saiiling of the Quantum along with Fran. But we have the Allure of the Seas first on Nov 2. Have fun on the Grandeur!