Tell me about this "unlimited ice cream machine"

MaiTaiMary

I'm not at all a Carnival cheerleader and in fact don't care if I return to CCL or not. However, I've NEVER witnessed any poor or disgusting behavior around the soft serve(or anywhere on the ships for that matter). My family eats it a lot and have found it good and the area clean.

Couple more suggestions though:

-We put it in a cup to make root beer or coke floats

-We bring our own toppings (m&ms, gummy bears, sprinkles, nuts...) to make sundaes. :) Not only is it more delicious but we always get stopped by people asking where we got our candy toppings from. Once in awhile I'll have extra to share.

Toppings ...... add a generous swirl of vanilla soft serve to a cup of coffee then pour in a nice shot of Bailey's. Best ice-cream treat ever. ;)

Now that's my kind of ice cream! I take my baileys on every cruise.

I find that an ice cream cone is a great appetizer while checking out the buffet, deciding what I want for lunch. Then another one after lunch. Then, mid-afternoon when I accidentally walk through the buffet area. And, then after the evening shows. Heck, I can't think of any time not to stop by for a quick ice cream fix. Yes, I do enjoy the ice cream on a cruise!!!

LOL....that sounds about right! 😊

Sent from my iPad using Forums

May sound nasty to some but I normally get either strawberry or vanilla and add raisins from the salad bar.

As far as mouths directly on the machine, I've never seen it on all my cruises. I guess they must take a chair over to the machine or they are very tall.

I'm not at all a Carnival cheerleader and in fact don't care if I return to CCL or not. However, I've NEVER witnessed any poor or disgusting behavior around the soft serve(or anywhere on the ships for that matter). My family eats it a lot and have found it good and the area clean.

Couple more suggestions though:

-We put it in a cup to make root beer or coke floats

-We bring our own toppings (m&ms, gummy bears, sprinkles, nuts...) to make sundaes. :) Not only is it more delicious but we always get stopped by people asking where we got our candy toppings from. Once in awhile I'll have extra to share.

I hope my daughter doesn't see this, she would spend a small fortune in the candy shop. She LOVES gummy bears and ice cream. Our last cruise was on Royal Caribbean and I missed the 24/7 ice cream the most. It was only open 9am to 6 pm.

But you missed the first one of the day, mid-morning as you wander around the pool deck getting the morning rays of the sun :)

WRONG! First cone of the day is at 6am while staking out deck chairs with towels and flip flops........

As I recall they are cake cones, right? I'd be with him if they were waffle or sugar cones, but I don't think I would eat a cake cone without ice cream.

Oh I agree, not a lot of taste to them! I used cones to help with teething and it stuck!

Yes it's a self serve soft ice cream machine. It's located on the lido deck by the pool, tucked around the corner from the burger grill on one side and whatever the steam tables are on the opposite side. No toppings. Oh, and there's also frozen yogurt. There will be chocolate, vanilla and strawberry which the rotate through each day.

I've been on 18 Carnival Cruises and another 10 or so cruises on other cruise lines that also have ice cream dispensers and yet I have never seen what you describe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I've been on 18 Carnival Cruises and another 10 or so cruises on other cruise lines that also have ice cream dispensers and yet I have never seen what you describe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I think you quoted the wrong post but we all know what you mean.