Island - Caribe question

tulips*n*truffles

Between interior cabins (like 529 and 611 in the screenshot here...happens to be a shot of Island Princess on Caribe, but I've noticed it now on other ships and levels), what is the empty space? If your balcony room opens across from the empty space, is that just a wall...? No rooms? Storage? I've only ever opened my balcony door to see interior cabin doors and I've never noticed it before, so it's purely curiosity!!

caribe.jpg.387f9dc26a04ee1ae4dce5ca03ff1a40.jpg

Between interior cabins (like 529 and 611 in the screenshot here...happens to be a shot of Island Princess on Caribe, but I've noticed it now on other ships and levels), what is the empty space? If your balcony room opens across from the empty space, is that just a wall...? No rooms? Storage? I've only ever opened my balcony door to see interior cabin doors and I've never noticed it before, so it's purely curiosity!!

Based on it's location and the location of the same 'blank area' on other decks I would think it is and area where exhaust pipes and other service related piping, wiring, etc. travel from the lower deck to the stacks, and probably some hotel supply storage areas.

Sometimes the white space is the room steward closet, the room service pantry, storage for linens, towels, luggage, etc. but also seen where it is used for housing pipes and vents.

Sometimes these areas are noisy, sometimes quiet. Whereas I love to be surrounded by cabins on all sides, I especially try to not book below a white space on the deck above.