Haven privileges for 5/6th guests

havenfan

Yes the AFT Penthouse only accommodates 4 people. We were 6. All 4 adults have to be listed in the suite to have suite privilege. The kids have to be listed under the non suite cabin. The balcony was able to accommodate 3 people. Adults basically have to pay for suite privileges.

then my sister wanted to come and initially we had the "extra room" in the balcony reservation bc there's only 2 people listed but bc she's an adult, not registered in a suite cabin, she would not have Haven privileges. We would've had to move into another suite so all could have Haven privileges but I was not giving up my AFT Penthouse so my sister was out of luck lol

NCL only makes those kinds of reservations when it's kids listed on the non suite reservation and there's an override they need to do in the system bc it's also 2 minors under 21 being registered into that cabin and the system won't allow minors to be booked in a cabin. It has to be linked to the suite.

Also, about a week before sailing I got an up sell call to go into the Deluxe Owners Suite and I said I had a non suite linked and it was next door to my cabin and if I was to move all the way to the front of the ship and my other non suite cabin was still in the back would they still have Haven privileges and they told me yes they would.

Thank you so much for the detailed clarification. So I could also have booked only the four adults in the H4, put the two kids elsewhere, had the reservations linked and the actual sleeping arrangements would have been our own private affair. I love learning new rules!

Congrats on the upsell call! But did I read earlier that you declined it? At least it did clarify that you could link cabins that are at opposite ends of the ship. Did you book with NCL directly or through a TA? I'm always trying to get a feel for whether the upsell fairy is more likely to call NCL's PCC customers.

OP here. I'm heartened to see that my original plan B (keep all of us in the H4 and double book my parents) should have worked.

From their first-hand experiences, it seems that NCL does condone and, indeed, facilitate this arrangement. I don't know about the rest of you but I've learned something (don't be fooled by my Join Date; I've been lurking for a long, long time). Thank you very much Nalagh, Godiva830 and GeezerCouple for sharing.

Unfortunately, my TA must have trained at the same school as LadyShiva's and GeezerCouple's. After what he claimed were extensive conversations with NCL, he still said he couldn't do it.

However... after his "extensive conversations" yesterday he called back this morning and said that NCL had a H5 open. The upsell fairy must have been moving somebody around, though I've no idea where they could have gone to. So we went with plan A and the six of us will be staying in a H4 and a H5 (on opposite sides of the courtyard, but thank God for the little things).

This should make Demonyte, rvsullivan and rochelle_s happy. Somehow I think that, even though it seems established that I would have been "within the rules," they'd still feel bad about something:)

This is so funny!! I'm not happy nor unhappy. You praise the ones that assured you that it could be fixed the way you and they wanted. When NCL did not give in and in fact confirmed what I and the others said, you found fault with us? I'm happy you booked two suites and will get everyone in there. And I hope they gave it to you at no charge so that the KSF would be intact. At the end of the day though, NCL did not do as your supporters said they would.

This is so funny!! I'm not happy nor unhappy. You praise the ones that assured you that it could be fixed the way you and they wanted. When NCL did not give in and in fact confirmed what I and the others said, you found fault with us? I'm happy you booked two suites and will get everyone in there. And I hope they gave it to you at no charge so that the KSF would be intact. At the end of the day though, NCL did not do as your supporters said they would.

Actually, I had no direct contact with NCL at all. My TA is the one who couldn't figure out how to get it done. I haven't worked with that many TAs, but I've certainly read that some are less competent than others at working the tricks of the cruise lines' systems, so I'm not prepared to put the blame on NCL yet. If, or more likely when, I try something complicated like this again, I'll do it through NCL directly.

I also place credence in Nalagh's and Godiva830 experiences and, to a lesser extent, GeezerCouple's. Have you tried this sort of booking through NCL and been turned down? If so, you neglected to mention this in your posts; I read them all quite carefully. If you have first-hand experience with this particular situation, please let me know and I will weight your observations accordingly.

Edited by havenfan

Thank you so much for the detailed clarification. So I could also have booked only the four adults in the H4, put the two kids elsewhere, had the reservations linked and the actual sleeping arrangements would have been our own private affair. I love learning new rules!

Congrats on the upsell call! But did I read earlier that you declined it? At least it did clarify that you could link cabins that are at opposite ends of the ship. Did you book with NCL directly or through a TA? I'm always trying to get a feel for whether the upsell fairy is more likely to call NCL's PCC customers.

I declined the up sell for 3 reasons lol

1. I didn't want to give up my huge balcony and I LOVE AFT cabins and

2. My parents were registered in the suite but sleeping in the balcony and my niece's were flipping back n forth in the sleeping arrangements between the suite and balcony and I didn't want us all to be on 2 different ends of the ship. That ship is too big to be that far away from each other.

3. It was an additional $4,000 payment bc technically we were 4 people registered in the cabin so it was $1,000pp and my parents were sleeping in the balcony room and I was staying in the suite so I would've had to pay the $4,000 myself and for the 2 of us to upgrade that amount of money wasn't worth it to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Edited by Godiva830

[quote name='Godiva830']I forgot to mention, I booked directly through NCL.[/quote]

Yet another potential reason to pass up the bennies of TAs and book directly through NCL.

At a very rough guess, the responses about upsells in the threads I combed a few of years ago were split pretty evenly between people who used TAs and people who booked directly through NCL. However, I also read a few years ago that most cruise lines only sell 10% of their cabins directly, 90% through TAs. These are very rough figures, of course, but the implication would seem to be that your chances of reporting an upsell on this board are much higher if you booked directly through NCL.

Of course, it could also be that the upsell fairy has no bias but an unusually large fraction of the people on this board book directly with NCL. Edited by havenfan

[quote name='Johnny Bananas']This has nothing to do with "fairness". Book and stay in a suite... get suite perks. Don't stay in a suite... no suite perks. Even though you are "paying more" for a second room- said room is not a suite...therefore not entitled to suite perks.[/QUOTE]

You make way too much sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='iimmie']With all the price jumps the last 2 months, I beg to differ. As far as I am concerned with the prices through the roof and the big difference between booking now & the last minute "fire sales" NCL basically gets their extra money up-front from someone who books now.
A lot of threads are on here saying "I bring my own soda", "I never play bingo" "I always eat in the main dining room" I never do this or that (ala carte), I do not know how to spend my $50 OBC (Can I use it on tips, so I don't actually have to pull another dime out of my wallet type people) and here everyone is having a fit over someone else's booking. It does not matter to you in the slightest what NCL makes or doesn't make.
Think about it, the Priority plus was implemented and squashed while I was on the BA last month because everyone on this board was irate over the fact that NCL found a way to make extra money on semi-perks and now people are upset that NCL will "lose" money by someone buying and paying for 2 cabins which BTW includes 3X tips for the Butler/Concierge plus 12 a day for both cabins?
SMH
Dear OP keep calling until you get someone to help you, ask for a supervisor if need be. Good luck to you[/QUOTE]

What about the suite cruiser who pays thousands? NCL knows this and does not want to lose this customer's booking by the dilution of perks or same being discounted to others? I expect the same suite cruisers are quick to sign the card for add-ons too.

From personal experience I can attest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='DMH15']What about the suite cruiser who pays thousands? NCL knows this and does not want to lose this customer's booking by the dilution of perks or same being discounted to others? I expect the same suite cruisers are quick to sign the card for add-ons too.

From personal experience I can attest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I have paid top dollar for suites and I have made some awesome scores on suites. I also know there have been times I have paid more or sometimes less then other passengers (and this includes airlines), the difference is I do not begrudge anyone who gets a great deal, in fact I will say way to go to them. Why would get I upset because someone else got a better deal then me? I won't, & that is the difference between me and other people on this board.

[quote name='iimmie']I have paid top dollar for suites and I have made some awesome scores on suites. I also know there have been times I have paid more or sometimes less then other passengers (and this includes airlines), the difference is I do not begrudge anyone who gets a great deal, in fact I will say way to go to them. Why would get I upset because someone else got a better deal then me? I won't, & that is the difference between me and other people on this board.[/QUOTE]

I am not talking about comparing people who purchase suites.