Haven privileges for 5/6th guests

havenfan

I'm booked on the Jade in November. We got the last H4 in the Haven back during the KSF promotion and have 2 adults, 2 seniors and 2 children in the suite. However, I'd really rather not have 6 people in this suite and would like to get another cabin for the 2 seniors.

I asked my TA whether I could book another cabin for the 2 seniors while still keeping them in the Haven suite, i.e., having them on the manifest twice, but the TA said he'd never done it and didn't think it could be done that way.

My understanding is that if I move the 2 seniors out of the suite and pay for another cabin, it is likely (though not guaranteed) that the 2 seniors will be able to have breakfast and lunch with us at Cagneys, but they are unlikely to be allowed to use the courtyard.

Has anyone else been in this situation? If so, how did the maitre'd at Cagneys and the concierge respond?

Dear OP,

If you do not exceed the capacity in your Haven cabin you may book a second cabin anywhere on the ship in your name. Keep everyone booked in the H4 , and then book the second cabin just in your name thus preserving privileges. At the pier for check-in, you proceed through the Haven line and then on the ship the Concierge will give you door open only keys only for the second cabin.

I have done this on the Breakaway, Sky, Gem and I now have booked the same for the Escape for October 2015. The issue for me is having real beds for everyone. I do not like the sleeping accommodations for the H4, or the amount of storage room.

If your TA has an issue or problem doing it, tell them to contact the Travel Partners or PCC help desk.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have more questions.

Cherie

I think there are some reading comprehension problems!! The OP is not trying to get anyone suite perks that isn't paying for suite perks. Just the opposite!

And, this particular issue doesn't come up very often on this board. I've been on this board at least 12 years and I know of only 2 or 3 times this particular issue has come up.

The OP has all 6 in her party booked in a Haven Suite. The problem is that is going to be a really tight squeeze. Even though the Haven Suite cabins can technically accommodate 6 people, it will be a really tight squeeze.

So she wants to book yet another room, a regular cabin somewhere, so that her parents have a nice quiet place to sleep.....but this is in addition to their being manifested in the Haven Suite! She wants to book the seniors in 2 cabins at the same time so that they can enjoy the suite perks.

Dear OP,

If you do not exceed the capacity in your Haven cabin you may book a second cabin anywhere on the ship in your name. Keep everyone booked in the H4 , and then book the second cabin just in your name thus preserving privileges. At the pier for check-in, you proceed through the Haven line and then on the ship the Concierge will give you door open only keys only for the second cabin.

I have done this on the Breakaway, Sky, Gem and I now have booked the same for the Escape for October 2015. The issue for me is having real beds for everyone. I do not like the sleeping accommodations for the H4, or the amount of storage room.

If your TA has an issue or problem doing it, tell them to contact the Travel Partners or PCC help desk.

Cherie

Nalagh wins the internet.

The above is 100% correct.

You are allowed to book a second room in your name, though not as a substitute for booking others. So you will basically be paying twice for yourself.

As an added tip, I would suggest that, when booking the non-suite cabin, book yourself and one of the kids, so you are not stuck with a single supplement payment on the second room by yourself. I believe that kid will still be able to join you for the suite perks.

Dear OP,

Cherie

I wasn't able to do this this morning. I have tried twice to get this setup on my Getaway cruise this Saturday.

I respectfully disagree. If a pax pays for a full suite and the pp rate that suite requires for 6, then everyone is entitled to those Haven benefits(right?). If a second cabin is booked by the first person on the reservation, that cabin will cost the same as is does for everyone else on the ship in that cabin category.

Double occupancy is paid for the second cabin, and the cabin will not come with any Haven, suite or upgraded amenities; meaning they are getting exactly what they pay for. The pax will end up paying port fees twice, and the price for a person that doesn't exist. NCL wins and the pax wins imho.

Cherie

I think a key issue here is that the OP did not pay the per person rate for everyone in the suite. As they stated in their original post they booked under the KSF promo, therefore they have only paid full suite rate for the first two passengers. The next four are all sailing free under the promo with just the taxes paid. So in essence the OP is trying to purchase suite privileges for the seniors at the rate of the price of the taxes.

Suite passengers were up in arms when the idea of Priority Plus was floating around. This would have required a minimum booking of a balcony or higher cabin and would have afforded a small fraction of suite perks. Under this proposed plan the seniors could be placed in an inside cabin and still receive ALL suite privileges. All this for a very small fee (taxes).

Just curious why there is no similar display of outrage here?

Rochelle

"...If a pax pays for a full suite and the pp rate that suite requires for 6, then everyone is entitled to those Haven benefits..."

I think a key issue here is that the OP did not pay the per person rate for everyone in the suite. As they stated in their original post they booked under the KSF promo, therefore they have only paid full suite rate for the first two passengers. The next four are all sailing free under the promo with just the taxes paid. So in essence the OP is trying to purchase suite privileges for the seniors at the rate of the price of the taxes.

Suite passengers were up in arms when the idea of Priority Plus was floating around. This would have required a minimum booking of a balcony or higher cabin and would have afforded a small fraction of suite perks. Under this proposed plan the seniors could be placed in an inside cabin and still receive ALL suite privileges. All this for a very small fee (taxes).

Rochelle

Hmmmm.... Are you suggesting that when someone books a Suite for more than 2 people under the KSF program, then those additional passengers (third and any others) are NOT entitled to the "suite perks" because of the promotion?

If that is your opinion/belief, then your point above makes sense.

But if not, then how is this any different just because the person ALSO reserved another cabin at the full price for that extra cabin?

GeezerCouple

Rochelle

They paid for 6 people in the suite. Nobody has ever asked or discussed how MUCH folks have paid in the past, just that they bought a suite and paid for a suite. The OP paid for 6 people in the suite. And, if they do NOTHING else, they are still entitled to suite perks for all 6 people.

The issue that some people have is that if they pay MORE MONEY, they should not longer get suite perks.

Quite a unique situation. No easy answers.

Are you using a PCC or TA?

Both calling NCL directly AND using a big box TA. They've called supervisors over, etc. I'm not getting anywhere. NCL can't figure out how to have 2 rooms under the same name.

Edited by LadyShiva

This situation has come up even when there is NOT any KSF (or any other) promotion.

And the response is just about the same.

Somehow, paying MORE, for something *else*, then supposedly makes some of the passengers ineligible for the suite perks for which they were originally booked and fully eligible.

:confused:

GeezerCouple

Both calling NCL directly AND using a big box TA. They've called supervisors over, etc. I'm not getting anywhere. NCL can't figure out how to have 2 rooms under the same name.

Perhaps you Nalagh should figure out a way to speak with each other outside of this forum. It seems that Nalagh has been able to do this in the past a number of times.

Sometimes the rules here about naming PCCs seem a little silly...

Edited by triptolemus

I am sorry for your frustrations, as this should be simple.

On our last CC roll call we had for the Breakaway, 2 cabins had 2 cabins.

Cherie

Edited by Nalagh

"...If a pax pays for a full suite and the pp rate that suite requires for 6, then everyone is entitled to those Haven benefits..."

Hmmmm.... Are you suggesting that when someone books a Suite for more than 2 people under the KSF program, then those additional passengers (third and any others) are NOT entitled to the "suite perks" because of the promotion?

If that is your opinion/belief, then your point above makes sense.

But if not, then how is this any different just because the person ALSO reserved another cabin at the full price for that extra cabin?

GeezerCouple

No I am not saying that that the 3rd and subsequent passengers booked in a suite should not be entitled to the perks that come with the suite.

What I was pointing out was that there was very strong and heated opposition to the Priority Plus program when it was discussed on these boards. Under that program a limited number of passengers booked in a balcony or higher cabin would have been able to purchase a few privileges normally reserved for full suite guests for the cost of $99 per person.

Under the proposed plan of the OP in conjunction with the KSF promotion a suite guest could purchase FULL suite privileges for additional people at an estimated $200-300 dollars per person (cost of taxes and fees) regardless of what category cabin is booked up to the number of extra berths available in the suite. Kind of like a Premium Priority Plus Program.

I find it interesting that, while even though there have been several people who disagree with the OP's proposed plan, the outrage shown in the Priority Plus thread is not exhibited here. Will this not cause crowds in the Suite dining venues? In the Courtyard area? Longer lines for embarking and disembarking? Limited special seating areas in shows? Over taxed butlers and concierge?

Are the concerns that were vehemently stated in regards to Priority Plus somehow more acceptable because at least one person is booked in a suite? People were outraged in that thread about the possibility of 40 extra people dining in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. But I detect nothing of the sort with the potential of having the Haven and all the benefits that come with maxed to the upper limit of capacity. No one is claiming they will be looking elsewhere for their cruising needs if this is allowed to happen. I wonder why the extreme difference in acceptance.

Just something to think about.

Rochelle

No I am not saying that that the 3rd and subsequent passengers booked in a suite should not be entitled to the perks that come with the suite.

What I was pointing out was that there was very strong and heated opposition to the Priority Plus program when it was discussed on these boards. Under that program a limited number of passengers booked in a balcony or higher cabin would have been able to purchase a few privileges normally reserved for full suite guests for the cost of $99 per person.

Under the proposed plan of the OP in conjunction with the KSF promotion a suite guest could purchase FULL suite privileges for additional people at an estimated $200-300 dollars per person (cost of taxes and fees) regardless of what category cabin is booked up to the number of extra berths available in the suite. Kind of like a Premium Priority Plus Program.

I find it interesting that, while even though there have been several people who disagree with the OP's proposed plan, the outrage shown in the Priority Plus thread is not exhibited here. Will this not cause crowds in the Suite dining venues? In the Courtyard area? Longer lines for embarking and disembarking? Limited special seating areas in shows? Over taxed butlers and concierge?

Are the concerns that were vehemently stated in regards to Priority Plus somehow more acceptable because at least one person is booked in a suite? People were outraged in that thread about the possibility of 40 extra people dining in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. But I detect nothing of the sort with the potential of having the Haven and all the benefits that come with maxed to the upper limit of capacity. No one is claiming they will be looking elsewhere for their cruising needs if this is allowed to happen. I wonder why the extreme difference in acceptance.

Just something to think about.

Rochelle

Okay.

Now this line of reasoning suggests that NCL should *limit* the number of suites for which they allow more than 2 passengers, even when the capacity of these suites might be 4 or 6?

Interesting.

GeezerCouple

Quite a unique situation. No easy answers.

I agree it is a unique situation with no easy answers. One that I believe could become very popular if this type of booking is allowed.

Just looking at it from a different perspective. The possible ramifications and acceptance or not..

Rochelle

The main objection I see from NCL's side is yes they get the revenue from the extra cabin in addition to the original cabin but they are getting zero extra onboard revenue from the second cabin. The cruise lines make zero money if people do not spend onboard.

I have done this on the Breakaway this past August...6 people traveling together. 4 adults, 2 kids. I had an AFT Penthouse and a balcony booked. The AFT Penthouse had the 4 adults registered in it and the balcony had the 2 kids listed. The reservations were linked and all 6 of us had Haven privileges. When we were on board we had extra key cards made for the cabins so we all had key cards to each cabin and the kids needed the key card to access the door to the Haven courtyard. The balcony wasn't a connecting cabin BUT it was directly next to the AFT Penthouse. 2 of the adults slept in a "real bed" in the balcony cabin and the kids had the extra beds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Edited by Godiva830

The main objection I see from NCL's side is yes they get the revenue from the extra cabin in addition to the original cabin but they are getting zero extra onboard revenue from the second cabin. The cruise lines make zero money if people do not spend onboard.

Correct. Room rates are to break even or worse. On board spending is where the profit is made. An empty room makes no profit.

I respectfully disagree. If a pax pays for a full suite and the pp rate that suite requires for 6, then everyone is entitled to those Haven benefits(right?). If a second cabin is booked by the first person on the reservation, that cabin will cost the same as is does for everyone else on the ship in that cabin category.

Double occupancy is paid for the second cabin, and the cabin will not come with any Haven, suite or upgraded amenities; meaning they are getting exactly what they pay for. The pax will end up paying port fees twice, and the price for a person that doesn't exist. NCL wins and the pax wins imho.

While I get your point (and would probably take advantage of that myself), it is not a win for NCL.

If somebody would like to get more space and proper beds and at the same enjoy suite perks, they would need to book a suite that is a lot more expensive for 1st and 2nd pax than booking 3rd+ persons to an existing suite and then booking extra "empty" cabins. Also as mentioned by others, every "empty" cabin sold is not generating any extra revenue to NCL, they barely break even with housekeeping etc.

While I get your point (and would probably take advantage of that myself), it is not a win for NCL.

If somebody would like to get more space and proper beds and at the same enjoy suite perks, they would need to book a suite that is a lot more expensive for 1st and 2nd pax than booking 3rd+ persons to an existing suite and then booking extra "empty" cabins. Also as mentioned by others, every "empty" cabin sold is not generating any extra revenue to NCL, they barely break even with housekeeping etc.

With all the price jumps the last 2 months, I beg to differ. As far as I am concerned with the prices through the roof and the big difference between booking now & the last minute "fire sales" NCL basically gets their extra money up-front from someone who books now.

A lot of threads are on here saying "I bring my own soda", "I never play bingo" "I always eat in the main dining room" I never do this or that (ala carte), I do not know how to spend my $50 OBC (Can I use it on tips, so I don't actually have to pull another dime out of my wallet type people) and here everyone is having a fit over someone else's booking. It does not matter to you in the slightest what NCL makes or doesn't make.

Think about it, the Priority plus was implemented and squashed while I was on the BA last month because everyone on this board was irate over the fact that NCL found a way to make extra money on semi-perks and now people are upset that NCL will "lose" money by someone buying and paying for 2 cabins which BTW includes 3X tips for the Butler/Concierge plus 12 a day for both cabins?

SMH

Dear OP keep calling until you get someone to help you, ask for a supervisor if need be. Good luck to you

Edited by iimmie

I thought max number of people was controlled by number of life boat places! And that NCL start to limit multiple pax in cabins when this is approached

This is true if for example if that capacit is reached in inside and balcony cabins you may only be able to book 2 people in a 2'bedroom haven suite. I would think this really on,y happens around holidays or spring break times.

OP has six guests in the Haven and paid full fare for two of them. They now want to move two of the "free" ones to another cabin and keep the Haven perks. If that is true, drop the KSF because this is a cancellation and rebooking, pay full fare for the six in the Haven and then sell them a Balcony. NCL wins and OP gets what they want. Same as any other cancellation and rebook. Seems easy and fair for everyone?

Edited by rvsullivan

OP has six guests in the Haven and paid full fare for two of them. They now want to move two of the "free" ones to another cabin and keep the Haven perks. If that is true, drop the KSF because this is a cancellation and rebooking, pay full fare for the six in the Haven and then sell them a Balcony. NCL wins and OP gets what they want. Same as any other cancellation and rebook. Seems easy and fair for everyone?

Absurd. Drop no one from the haven, doublebook 2 people in spare cabin. Why do you feel this person should be fair to you or "everybody". Exactly where does "everybody" fit into the equation?