Carnival Pride Dry Dock

momof2cruiser

Just curious..........what happens to the crew while the ship is in drydock? Are they just disbanded.........will all the same crew return when the ship is updated?

We are on the January 25th sailing - can't wait!

Just curious..........what happens to the crew while the ship is in drydock? Are they just disbanded.........will all the same crew return when the ship is updated?

We are on the January 25th sailing - can't wait!

I know our dining room staff said they were staying on and working during the retrofit. Not sure how it exactly works though

leaving out in 40 days as well on the pride... Are they adding the big screen and the splash pad and green thunder?

· Guy’s Burger Joint

· BlueIguana Cantina

· BlueIguana Tequila Bar

· Bonsai Sushi

· WaterWorks

· Hasbro, The Game Show

· Playlist Productions

· EA SPORTS Bar

· Alchemy Bar

· RedFrog Pub

· RedFrog Rum Bar

· The Library Bar

· Cherry on Top

I have read NO movie screen and I have read YES a movie screen. Don't know which one is true...lol :D

My guess is that John Heald will post pics and status on his blog. Anyone cruising with a stop in Freeport might be able to see her in there and comment as well (albeit somewhat from a distance).

John Heald began posting pics from the Pride dry dock today on his web page.

JH just posted that the Alchemy bar is just outside the dining room on deck 2. I think that would be Raphaels.. The only time I ever saw people there was while waiting for dinner or during trivia.

I agree - this area seems very underutilized.

Having just left the Pride last Sunday, while we were waiting to disembark workmen were measuring and discussing the sitting areas just to the left and right of the gangway on deck 2 so I suspect these areas will be changed somehow as well.

I agree - this area seems very underutilized.

Having just left the Pride last Sunday, while we were waiting to disembark workmen were measuring and discussing the sitting areas just to the left and right of the gangway on deck 2 so I suspect these areas will be changed somehow as well.

This is where they put Bonsai Sushi on the Legend, so we can probably expect the same on Pride since she is getting this venue.

JH just posted that the Alchemy bar is just outside the dining room on deck 2. I think that would be Raphaels.. The only time I ever saw people there was while waiting for dinner or during trivia.

I thought Raphael's was on Deck 3.....unless I'm reading deck plans wrong!

Can't wait to see all the upgrades!

I've heard conflicting reports on the Honeymoon/Weddings board. We got married in the Chapel last year and it was gorgeous. If they do get rid of the chapel, I hope they'd replace it with something where a wedding could be held. There are only so many places to have a wedding onboard and it'd limit them to two a sailing instead of three.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I've heard conflicting reports on the Honeymoon/Weddings board. We got married in the Chapel last year and it was gorgeous. If they do get rid of the chapel, I hope they'd replace it with something where a wedding could be held. There are only so many places to have a wedding onboard and it'd limit them to two a sailing instead of three.

Red Frog?:confused:

I have not, but now that you mention it i would be curious about this as well. My wife and I are renewing our vows on the May 24th Sailing. :confused:

I hope that they keep it. My wife and I were married in the chapel on the Pride in 2006. We were planning on booking the Pride no matter where it is or where it was going for our 10th anniversary in 2016. It will be great to see all the updgrades (Guy's burgers) but sad if the chapel were gone.

Red Frog?:confused:

Red Frog is going in the former Starry Night Lounge. From what I can tell the chapel should stay. And I think it might because of it being next to the library.

Here's what we know so far (a recap):

ALCHEMY - Florentine's Lounge on Deck 2

RED FROG PUB - Starry Night Lounge/Jazz Club

EA SPORTS - Perfect Game Sports Bar

LIBRARY BAR - Library (duh)

CHERRY ON TOP - Special Occasions, Midship, Deck 3 (speculation)

BONSAI SUSHI - Just forward of atrium, starboard, Deck 2 (speculation)

GUY'S BURGERS - replacing poolside grille (based on other ships, would guess starboard)

BLUE IGUANA CANTINA - replacing poolside grille (based on other ships would guess port)

DIVE IN SCREEN: yup, happening, one of the midship pools

GREEN THUNDER: also a yes

RED FROG RUM BAR/BLUE IGUANA TEQUILA BAR: One of the midship pools

Which playlist shows? WHO KNOWS - if I had to guess, probably new ones specifically for the Pride.

Can we just go now?

Edited by tropicaledrink

Red Frog is going in the former Starry Night Lounge. From what I can tell the chapel should stay. And I think it might because of it being next to the library.

Here's what we know so far (a recap):

ALCHEMY - Florentine's Lounge on Deck 2

RED FROG PUB - Starry Night Lounge/Jazz Club

EA SPORTS - Perfect Game Sports Bar

LIBRARY BAR - Library (duh)

CHERRY ON TOP - Special Occasions, Midship, Deck 3 (speculation)

BONSAI SUSHI - Just forward of atrium, starboard, Deck 2 (speculation)

GUY'S BURGERS - replacing poolside grille (based on other ships, would guess starboard)

BLUE IGUANA CANTINA - replacing poolside grille (based on other ships would guess port)

DIVE IN SCREEN: yup, happening, one of the midship pools

GREEN THUNDER: also a yes

RED FROG RUM BAR/BLUE IGUANA TEQUILA BAR: One of the midship pools

Which playlist shows? WHO KNOWS - if I had to guess, probably new ones specifically for the Pride.

Can we just go now?

It was my attempt at humor.......:confused: as in where you can go to get married.

Edited by jimbo5544

Watching...will be sailing her in February!

I know everyone is excited for her to go back to Baltimore after her stay in Tampa...but I am sad she's only going to be here temporarily. I'm not a fan of the Paradise, but Tampa is driving distance from us.

I'm not one of those glad to see her sail to Baltimore! We won't have a 7 day ship in Tampa...:mad: And if any ship needs a dry dock, it's Paradise.

Edited by crusinpsychRN