Bailey's

Daydaes

I know we can bring on 2 bottles of wine. Can we bring a bottle of Bailey's? Or do we put it in our luggage and take it on that way? I don't want to sneak it on but would really like to have Bailey's from time to time. It's so expensive when asking for it in the drinks.

I know we can bring on 2 bottles of wine. Can we bring a bottle of Bailey's? Or do we put it in our luggage and take it on that way? I don't want to sneak it on but would really like to have Bailey's from time to time. It's so expensive when asking for it in the drinks.

I would go out on a limb and say no to the Bailey's.

:(:(:( Just asked the same question to my PCC for my December cruise and he also said wine only. He did warn that they will remove the bottle if it is in the checked luggage if found.

I enjoy a little Bailey's in my coffee while on vacation (well, maybe at home too!) so I broke down and spent the $52.50 to have a bottle delivered to my room when we leave port. That's only double what it cost on land! LOL! I'm sure i'll enjoy it twice as much though...

$52.50 for one bottle? I don't need it that badly. Thanks for all the replies. I figured I wouldn't be able to bring it on board but it doesn't hurt to ask anyway.

Your thread got me thinking about the value of the bottle. I'm sure someone can share what the price of a shot of Bailey's on the ship is...???? There are approximately 16 (1.5 oz) or 12 (2 oz) shots per bottle.

Not a big deal (obviously) but still an interesting cost comparison for bottle vs individual shot prices.

Where are all of POA1's researcher's???? This is an important question for the on-going study! LOL

Your thread got me thinking about the value of the bottle. I'm sure someone can share what the price of a shot of Bailey's on the ship is...???? There are approximately 16 (1.5 oz) or 12 (2 oz) shots per bottle.

Not a big deal (obviously) but still an interesting cost comparison for bottle vs individual shot prices.

Where are all of POA1's researcher's???? This is an important question for the on-going study! LOL

They're one liter bottles. That's 33.8 ounces, or about 22.5 "servings" based on 1.5 ounces per measured pour. A serving of Bailey's is $5.95. When you add on the 15% service charge, it's $6.84.

Your 22.5 individual servings of Bailey's will cost you $153.90. Your bottle would be $52.50 + 15% = $60.38. The purchase of a bottle saves you. $93.52.

It's like you're printing money. :)

:(:(:( Just asked the same question to my PCC for my December cruise and he also said wine only. He did warn that they will remove the bottle if it is in the checked luggage if found.

I enjoy a little Bailey's in my coffee while on vacation (well, maybe at home too!) so I broke down and spent the $52.50 to have a bottle delivered to my room when we leave port. That's only double what it cost on land! LOL! I'm sure i'll enjoy it twice as much though...

have fun and enjoy your baileys.

Didn't realize that. In that case, you can't afford *not* to drink it. A bottle a day practically pays for your next cruise! :D

:D Although it is somewhat hard to get my head around how paying twice as much for the bottle (as on land) is such a "value"... my DH loves it when I tell him how much money I saved by spending $$! - He says "reach into your purse and show me the money you saved!" LOL. He, of course, is teasing me.

Oh well, on to my "vacation attitude" - I'm so happy I am getting such a GREAT deal!

POA1 - Thanks so much for your research and math.

:D Although it is somewhat hard to get my head around how paying twice as much for the bottle (as on land) is such a "value"... my DH loves it when I tell him how much money I saved by spending $$! - He says "reach into your purse and show me the money you saved!" LOL. He, of course, is teasing me.

Oh well, on to my "vacation attitude" - I'm so happy I am getting such a GREAT deal!

POA1 - Thanks so much for your research and math.

Staying at home is also much cheaper than going on a cruise. ;)

It is vacation time and a little splurge is a good thing.

That is a rip-off! I'd go without.:(

Staying at home is also much cheaper than going on a cruise. ;)

It is vacation time and a little splurge is a good thing.

I agree with you totally! Because of my DH's jobs, we have never taken a 2 week vacation together - EVER (over 15 years). Him being able to take the time off from everything at the same time has always been what has stopped us. Somehow the stars aligned this year and we're off on a full transit through the Panama Canal. I cannot wait.

Although spending double for a bottle of booze is a bit of a splurge, having my husband off work (well, minus e-mail) with my DS (13 yrs) is the REAL splurge! LOL :D

PS - I LOVE all the information I get from CC - I swear I learn something new on here everyday.

I agree with you totally! Because of my DH's jobs, we have never taken a 2 week vacation together - EVER (over 15 years). Him being able to take the time off from everything at the same time has always been what has stopped us. Somehow the stars aligned this year and we're off on a full transit through the Panama Canal. I cannot wait.

Although spending double for a bottle of booze is a bit of a splurge, having my husband off work (well, minus e-mail) with my DS (13 yrs) is the REAL splurge! LOL :D

PS - I LOVE all the information I get from CC - I swear I learn something new on here everyday.

You DESERVE that bottle of Baileys! :D

You definitely need to order a bottle for your cabin!!

We live in a state where we can only get alcohol and wine in a State Liquor Control Store.

A bottle of Bailey's here costs about $27 -- and that is only for a fifth -- not a liter like you can buy on the ship. We have to pay a 6% state tax and a 1% county tax. If the state would end the 35% tax (included in the price I quoted above) for the 1935 Johnstown Flood, our prices would be lower.

You definitely need to order a bottle for your cabin!!

We live in a state where we can only get alcohol and wine in a State Liquor Control Store.

A bottle of Bailey's here costs about $27 -- and that is only for a fifth -- not a liter like you can buy on the ship. We have to pay a 6% state tax and a 1% county tax. If the state would end the 35% tax (included in the price I quoted above) for the 1935 Johnstown Flood, our prices would be lower.

A tax like that would be to die for. You are so lucky. We pay 13% on all goods and services.

Didn't realize that. In that case, you can't afford *not* to drink it. A bottle a day practically pays for your next cruise! :D

On one of our cruises, rather than have wine with dinner every night, I ordered an after dinner drink of Bailey's & poured it into my coffee..It came in a lovely little Holland America etched cordial glass with a different colored bead/ball on the base, which was mine to keep.. However our wine steward gave me fresh clean glasses packed in boxes to keep them from breaking, at the end of our cruise.. Forgot how many come in a box but believe it was 6..I would tell him what color I was missing toward the end of the cruise..

We had old Friends with us who we celebrate Christmas with every year, so I gave them one of the boxes mixed in with their other gifts & they cherish them as I do..

P.S. Someone is selling the glasses on e-Bay today..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Glass-Holland-America-Line-Tall-Shot-or-Cordial-Glasses-Various-Colors-/351162050337?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c2e3a721

Edited by serendipity1499

On one of our cruises, rather than have wine with dinner every night, I ordered an after dinner drink of Bailey's & poured it into my coffee..It came in a lovely little Holland America etched cordial glass with a different colored bead/ball on the base, which was mine to keep.. However our wine steward gave me fresh clean glasses packed in boxes to keep them from breaking, at the end of our cruise.. Forgot how many come in a box but believe it was 6..I would tell him what color I was missing toward the end of the cruise..

We had old Friends with us who we celebrate Christmas with every year, so I gave them one of the boxes mixed in with their other gifts & they cherish them as I do..

P.S. Someone is selling the glasses on e-Bay today..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Glass-Holland-America-Line-Tall-Shot-or-Cordial-Glasses-Various-Colors-/351162050337?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c2e3a721

Not me -- my glasses are still on a shelf in the game room.

A tax like that would be to die for. You are so lucky. We pay 13% on all goods and services.

We are lucky on goods and services. But a 35% tax on alcohol for a flood that happened years ago?? I don't think so.

Whenever we go to a restaurant in our county and order a drink, we pay a 6% sales tax, a 1% county tax to pay for all the new stadiums and a 7% drink tax to pay for bus service which many of us don't have.