AM/PM Tours on Grand Cayman

gooch47

Our granddaughter and her parents want to take the Helmet Diving tour by themselves in the morning and a Stingray tour with us in the afternoon.

Since this will be a tender stop, I'm wondering if this is doable? Will they have to take the tender back to the ship in order to ensure we will all be on the bus for the stingray tour or do the tours meet on the dock?

There is only one hour between the two tours, when the first one ends and the second one starts.

I have always found that tours meet near the tender docks so if it was me I would just have them meet you at the tour operator holding the sign for your stingray tour. That way they can grab a quick bite to eat as well rather than waste their hour on tenders back and forth.

Usually, afternoon tours at tender ports meet on land. I would go ahead and book both tours online in advance.

However, I would highly recommend talking to the shore excursion staff onboard before the cancellation deadline for that port. Ask them about the timing and meeting places for those tours. If they say it would be a problem, then they may need to cancel one of the tours.

Usually, afternoon tours at tender ports meet on land. I would go ahead and book both tours online in advance.

However, I would highly recommend talking to the shore excursion staff onboard before the cancellation deadline for that port. Ask them about the timing and meeting places for those tours. If they say it would be a problem, then they may need to cancel one of the tours.

I am concerned about the first tour getting back late. And both my granddaughter and DIL suffer from hypoglycemia so not getting lunch isn't an option. I'd really like to advise them to skip the morning tour but my hubby says I worry too much.

Be sure to take bottled water and snacks like granola bars with you even if you aren't hypoglycemic or diabetic like my husband. You should be able to purchase lunch on the dock while waiting for the second tour (provided the first tour does not run late).

Just me but we never try to do two excursions in a port anymore. Have done it before and it was just too hectic and nerve racking. Also trying to eat and connect with another tour in an hour is cutting it close. One place we tried it had no place that served food I could eat close to the meet spot. I would pick one or the other. But that is just me.

I am concerned about the first tour getting back late. And both my granddaughter and DIL suffer from hypoglycemia so not getting lunch isn't an option. I'd really like to advise them to skip the morning tour but my hubby says I worry too much.

Then it's even more important to talk with the shore excursion staff before the cancellation deadline. If you're on an itinerary that is repeated every week or every other week, then the shore excursions staff should know which tours may be late returning and which ones always return on time.

Then it's even more important to talk with the shore excursion staff before the cancellation deadline. If you're on an itinerary that is repeated every week or every other week, then the shore excursions staff should know which tours may be late returning and which ones always return on time.

They also may be able to get your family into a section that goes early and finishes early

We have a townhouse in Cayman and go there several times a year. I can recommend several restaurants that are good and have a view. Breezes, Guy Harvey's, and Margaritaville! They are near the cruise ship terminal. The grandparents can go early, do some shopping and then meet family at a restaurant or get take out for them! Sadly the Hard Rock Cafe was closed when we were there in March. There is a Burger King that has free wifi....but it is further away from downtown. We always avoid downtown when the cruise ships are in town! Stingray City is fun for all ages! Plan to go if you have never swam with the "Rays". Enjoy your cruise and Cayman.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we went to Grand Cayman we booked Captain Marvin's Stingray Tour.

It was fantastic! Small not crowded. First time snorkling. He took me one on one. We got a CD of us and the stingray. It had 60 photos on it. Lots of great memories. Highly recommend them!

We've been lucky to have been to Cayman several times and have swam with the stingrays before. We are so thrilled to be introducing our granddaughter and her parents to the great experiences we have enjoyed. This will be her third cruise.