Any way to find names of shows, entertainers, etc-Royal 11/14/14

tabprincess

We are sailing on the Royal from 11/14-11/24/14. Does anyone know of any way to find out the names of the shows that we will be seeing or the names of any of the other entertainers like comediens, piano guy, etc?

We have been on several Princess cruises & are anxious to find out if we will be seeing any new shows?

Thanks for any info!

They don't pre-announce the headliners generally unless they are on extended contract.

The shows will be the same for the next 4-5 years and include Spectacular, Sweet Soul Music and Colors of the World. Should be the same production crew as we saw as they just started last week. The one male lead singer was pretty good, the female lead was ok...

The shows are exclusive to Royal and Regal I think because of the video wall technology on the stage.

I will upload our patters when I have a chance although of course your itinerary will be different.

Edited by Loonbeam

They don't pre-announce the headliners generally unless they are on extended contract.

The shows will be the same for the next 4-5 years and include Spectacular, Sweet Soul Music and Colors of the World. Should be the same production crew as we saw as they just started last week. The one male lead singer was pretty good, the female lead was ok...

The shows are exclusive to Royal and Regal I think because of the video wall technology on the stage.

Thanks for that-more than I could find anywhere else!

I heard the Princess Theater is smaller than other ships. Was it hard to get seats if getting there right before showtime?

The shows will be the same for the next 4-5 years and include Spectacular, Sweet Soul Music and Colors of the World.

On the 11 night Baltic we also saw a show based on the music of Burt Bacharach, I think it was called "What the World Needs Now." It was nice, not flashy, just good music.

We are on the Royal's Nov 4th sailing and will be getting off when you get on. We received an e-mail from Princess a couple of days ago listing the CD and CC folks along with info about the production shows, MUTS, and guest entertainers ("Tenors of Rock" and a comedian, Al Katz). I would imagine you will get the same email in a week or two.

49er

PS I see you had sailed on the Norway a few times. We did once in '91 and way back in '65 when it was the France. It was a beautiful ship back then and all the French wine you could drink:-)

Edited by 49er

Didn't seem smaller. With 3 shows it was not a problem finding a seat anywhere but up front on our cruise, we usually went to the 10:00ish show. If coming late, I recommend coming from deck 7.

Thanks for that-more than I could find anywhere else!

I heard the Princess Theater is smaller than other ships. Was it hard to get seats if getting there right before showtime?

You should receive an e-mail from Princes 2-3 weeks prior to departure showing some of the entertainment. At least we have on our last several cruises, the latest being at the end of September on the Island.

We are on the Royal's Nov 4th sailing and will be getting off when you get on. We received an e-mail from Princess a couple of days ago listing the CD and CC folks along with info about the production shows, MUTS, and guest entertainers ("Tenors of Rock" and a comedian, Al Katz). I would imagine you will get the same email in a week or two.

49er

PS I see you had sailed on the Norway a few times. We did once in '91 and way back in '65 when it was the France. It was a beautiful ship back then and all the French wine you could drink:-)

Oh......Interesting.....Al Katz will be on board......I've seen him a couple of times.....he's funny. Here's his webpage

http://www.alkatz.net/about/index.html

49er

49er-We LOVED the Norway! She was a beautiful lady and I would sail on her again if she were still around. I know she was old by the time we sailed on her, but there was a certain old elegance about her that I truly miss.

We are sailing on the Royal from 11/14-11/24/14. Does anyone know of any way to find out the names of the shows that we will be seeing or the names of any of the other entertainers like comediens, piano guy, etc?

We have been on several Princess cruises & are anxious to find out if we will be seeing any new shows?

Thanks for any info!

call Princess entertainment dept...... 661-753-2403

A friend booked a cruise (not princess) to see her son perform. He'd been given dates and ships etc. A short while before our friends boarded the discovered their son wouldn't be performing on that cruise!

I guess there is a "subject to change..." Line in the fine print. : )

Edited by paddingtonbear

49er

Hi 49er, we are on the Nov 4th cruise as well but didn't get anything frim Princess. Any chance to copy that E-mail in here? Many thanks, Melanie

Edited by Bambi2000

We are on the Nov. 4 sailing of Star Princess & this week received an email from Princess listing the CD, CC hostess, show, & entertainers on board, so you should be getting something from them soon. I thought it was a very nice touch by Princess.

Other than the dance teams, which stay together on the same contract, other performers can be moved at a moments notice.

A friend booked a cruise (not princess) to see her son perform. He'd been given dates and ships etc. A short while before our friends boarded the discovered their son wouldn't be performing on that cruise!

I guess there is a "subject to change..." Line in the fine print. : )

Al Katz was on our Sept. 20-29 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. He does have a following. He was out selling his CDs following his performance I think. Alas, we didn't get to see his shows.

I'm glad he'll get the chance to perform on the Royal.

Lynne

Do you get this stuff even so not having booked through Princess?

We did not book through Princess but we still get all the e-mails. Check your Spam folder as it might have wound up there. BTW, we have been to your beautiful city many times. Love your Airport too:-)

49er

Edited by 49er