Specialty Dining 30% discount questions

STANCPA44

I am sailing Sunday on the Brilliance of the Seas and have already booked two specialty dinners. There is a 30% discount if you add in a third dinner.

Questions:

Does the 30% just applies to the third dinner or to the overall package?

I imagine I can add the third dinner on the first day on board, right?

Finally, we are sailing with friends, can we add them as our third dinner, having them joining us at one of the dinners?

Thanks,

:cool:

We sailed on The Allure this past August.

We had two specialty restaurants booked before boarding. We found out about the 30% discount on board. WE did Book a third restaurant while on board.

We got the 30 % discount for the overall package.

I dont know about your last question but if I had to guess I am guessing they will not consider adding people to an existing reservation a separate booking.

No, you do not have to go on the first night. The discount is based on the number of specialty restaurants you book, not any specific night.

Don't you get an additional 20% off a first night booking, combinable with the 3 bookings discount?

Don't you get an additional 20% off a first night booking, combinable with the 3 bookings discount?

Yes, you get the 20% off the first night if you choose to eat in a specialty restaurant, and that does count as one of the three reservations. Giovanni's Table for lunch does not count though. I thought the poster was asking if you had to book a specialty restaurant on the first night in order to take advantage of the promotion, and that answer would be no.

Yes, you get the 20% off the first night if you choose to eat in a specialty restaurant, and that does count as one of the three reservations. Giovanni's Table for lunch does not count though. I thought the poster was asking if you had to book a specialty restaurant on the first night in order to take advantage of the promotion, and that answer would be no.

I got 25% off for Giovanni's because I had reserved for 3 nights. But I don't think that's the rule,a nd the first night I only got 20% because i didn't know about the 3 for 30%. All in all, it's an amzing deal.

Nope.

Yes or no?

:D

If I am booking dinner rsvp for myself and children, would the 30% off be for my dinners as well as 30% off of the children's $8 rate?

Total bill. Btw you are talking about $2.40 discount for your child.

Edited by Topo Gigio

I apologize for jumping in on OP's post but I have a question about the 30% discount too.

Do the reservations need to be for 3 different specialty restaurants? Or can you repeat dine in one or two?

Just got off the Enchantment last week. I booked one Chops Grille reservation pre-cruise at the regular price on Day 2. We loved it so well that we booked another Chops reservation onboard for Day 4. We received 20% off the second reservation only. So our $30 per person cover charge became $24 pp for that second dining.

Had I booked BOTH Chops reservations onboard, I believe I would have received 20% off both reservations.

A flier was on in our cabin when we boarded advertising Chops (the only specialty restaurant aboard Enchantment).

If 3 reservations are made onboard, there is a 25% discount. 2 reservations, 20%.

If you know you will dine at a specialty restaurant 3 times, it is a better deal to book pre-cruise and you guarantee your dates / times and get a 30% discount. If you are not sure and want to book onboard, you may have the same offers that we had at a slightly less discount than pre-cruise, and the flexibility of going 2x instead of 3x.

Hope this info helps. Good Luck!

I apologize for jumping in on OP's post but I have a question about the 30% discount too.

Do the reservations need to be for 3 different specialty restaurants? Or can you repeat dine in one or two?

It can be the same restaurant. We were on freedom of the seas a week ago and ate every night in specialty restaurants of which there are only two so we repeated one 4 times and the other 3 times. The credit doesn't show up until around the third or fourth day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, we did a repeat in Chops because it was so good.

Still trying to get this straight!

Is the 30% discount applied to all three reservations - so for Chops, it is like buy 2 get 1 free? If you book online does this show up automatically?

How does this work if one of the reservations is for Izumi? Do you get 30% off your charge on the night?

If you book online do you get a 30% discount on the overall cost of 3 specialty dining venues immediately? Or still just OBC?

We have pre-paid our gratuities and plan to purchase our drink packages online as well so I'm not sure what we would use the OBC for.... (we book our excursions through independent companies)