Carnival Holiday up for sale; looks pretty great

LMaxwell

I think my parents went on this ship in 88. Will have to forward them the link

Really loving all the giant windows/sea views you can see in the two level lounge.

Edited by LMaxwell

Very cool, thanks for posting!

I found a cruise ship for sale on there for about 10 million and I was slightly tempted...hehe. I could renovate the entire ship and make it such a cool luxury ship...now I just have to win the lottery, about a dozen times.

Bring her back to Mobile! :D

She may have been old, small and outdated, and the short itinerary to Cozumel may have been the same ol', but our cruise on the Holiday from Mobile ranks as one of my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The ship certainly looked in great shape in Barcelona a few years ago. Ibero is (or soon will be) absorbed into Costa. Celebration will transfer but the beards decided Holiday had to go. A shame because Holiday was one of my favorite ships.

I would think that as a condition of sale the funnel would have to go.

DSC_2987.JPG

Bring her back to Mobile! :D

She may have been old, small and outdated, and the short itinerary to Cozumel may have been the same ol', but our cruise on the Holiday from Mobile ranks as one of my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree bring her back to Mobile. One of our favorite cruises was on the Holiday, the crew was among the best!

The ex-Carnival Holiday is up for sale. Let's all chip in and buy her. Well, maybe not.

But she sure looks great and very ship shape.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985/Cruise-Ship%2C-1%2C452-Passengers-Stock-No.-S2168-2739071/Italy#.VEsFMVfwPlc

Again? Shocked. Someone put so much into her, that she was so unrecognizable after they finished. If I were walking through that refurbished ship, I would have never known it was her till I came up top and saw the funnel.

The ex-Carnival Holiday is up for sale. Let's all chip in and buy her. Well, maybe not.

But she sure looks great and very ship shape.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985/Cruise-Ship%2C-1%2C452-Passengers-Stock-No.-S2168-2739071/Italy#.VEsFMVfwPlc

I took my 1st cruise on this ship in 1987...it is the reason for my "cruise addiction". Sailed on her again in 1990. Thanks so much for posting this and the link to the Cruise Travel magazine.......Donna:D

I see they still have the same artwork in the cabins. I remember one cruise having art that was a bit risque (kids thought it was just gross LOL)

We loved the Holiday, the small town feel to the ship, friendliest staff in the fleet. Mobile was a great port to cruise from!!