Unfriendly agents

amscene1

Called in a few times to celebrity and I have not had any warm/friendly reps on the phone. Maybe I'm used to disney but the 4th person I got on the phone was downright rude. Even when I booked the cruise there was no enthusiasm or life on the other end of the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this with celebrity. I hope this is not a preview of the customer service represented seaside.

I see you have frequently cruised with Disney.

Disney is text-book customer service, literally. I can't tell you the number of times I heard of the Disney model in graduate school - and I was a nursing major.

So if comparing to Disney, you probably will notice a difference.

That said, if I can't get a productive dialog going I thank the rep, hang up, and call again later. I always get the name, and I will address the rep by name. People react more positively to thse who recognize them as individual.

If the service was rude I do not hesitate to report bad service, just like I report very positive expereinces.

I have age-induced hearing problems, and if I can't hear or understand an accent i will apologize for my hearing difficulties and ask to talk to someone else. Sometimes I just use this as an excuse when i am not getting the information I need - its obviously a communication problem and I want to deal with someone that I can communicate with.

Booked my last two cruises directly with Celebrity and have nothing but good things to say. But there again I have never had a problem with Celebrity's website, which takes quite a beating here on this forum.

Guess I am just lucky.:)

Has anyone else experienced this with celebrity. I hope this is not a preview of the customer service represented seaside.

Nope. Have never had a rude customer service rep with Celebrity. In any event, sorry it happened to you. I'm sure you will find the crew on board to be anything but rude as that is not the Celebrity standard.

Booked my last two cruises directly with Celebrity and have nothing but good things to say. But there again I have never had a problem with Celebrity's website, which takes quite a beating here on this forum.

Guess I am just lucky.

Well, I guess I'm lucky as well, called there earlier this week, agent picked up on the second ring, my question was answered, the pleasant agent bid me a good day, and that's the service I've had on other calls.

I have had both....but mostly pretty good service, a few that have provided stellar service and a couple of ones with very poor service and a total lack of knowledge. I now call back and hopefully get someone different if the customer service skills are lacking.

Not all agents / service representatives are created equal. Recently, I have had to call due to a cancellation of my cruise (on their end). The one they put in charge of that was not so hot and didn't really seem like she wanted to be there or know much about what she was supposed to do and maybe bordering on rude. However, she had a tough job in telling people their cruise was just canceled. Well, I have had to call back a few times and have had much better service ... so it all depends on who you get on the phone....luck of the draw.

Called in a few times to celebrity and I have not had any warm/friendly reps on the phone. Maybe I'm used to disney but the 4th person I got on the phone was downright rude. Even when I booked the cruise there was no enthusiasm or life on the other end of the phone.

Agree 100%. When I booked they could've cared less. Not a good upfront warm and fuzzy received like other pcc's. Maybe my expectation were too high but I felt like I was checking out at Walmart.

Ncl, CCL, princess does a much better job (for less Money, I might add). It does put a damper on my enthusiasm for my 12/1 cruise. Might be my last......

Agree 100%. When I booked they could've cared less. Not a good upfront warm and fuzzy received like other pcc's. Maybe my expectation were too high but I felt like I was checking out at Walmart.

Ncl, CCL, princess does a much better job (for less Money, I might add). It does put a damper on my enthusiasm for my 12/1 cruise. Might be my last......

Ok good, I was beginning to think it was isolated. Ncl and ccl are always pleasant to me. I believe maybe it's because they don't earn a commission

On it. Which I know at least carnival reps do...

In in the last month, I've talked to agents for booking a beverage package, asked many questions of a shore excursions agent and because we had to switch out a booked person for another, a Captains Club agent and in all instances have had the pleasure of dealing with really great folks. No complaints here.

Then again, we sail in 5 days. :)

Ok good, I was beginning to think it was isolated. Ncl and ccl are always pleasant to me. I believe maybe it's because they don't earn a commission

On it. Which I know at least carnival reps do...

1-800 Customer Service Reps from Carnival get a commission?? :rolleyes:

Called in a few times to celebrity and I have not had any warm/friendly reps on the phone.

Agree 100%. When I booked they could've cared less. Not a good upfront warm and fuzzy received like other pcc's.

Maybe they need to do as Delta has done. I'm a Delta frequent flyer and lately whenever I call I get the automatic request to take a 1 question survey at the end. This isn't an exact quote but it's something like, "If you owned a customer service company, based on the conversation you just had would you hire this person as an employee?" No nit picky details, no "on a scale of 1-10...", just yes or no- is this person worthy of being employed in customer service? I'll bet it makes things real easy when it's time for annual performance reviews/evaluations!

Maybe they need to do as Delta has done. I'm a Delta frequent flyer and lately whenever I call I get the automatic request to take a 1 question survey at the end. This isn't an exact quote but it's something like, "If you owned a customer service company, based on the conversation you just had would you hire this person as an employee?" No nit picky details, no "on a scale of 1-10...", just yes or no- is this person worthy of being employed in customer service? I'll bet it makes things real easy when it's time for annual performance reviews/evaluations!

That's a great question! It's proven the old 1-10 brings skewed results.

If I had that option with X the answer would have been "No".

Ncl, CCL, princess does a much better job (for less Money, I might add).

I would agree. I have dealt mostly with HAL and once with carnival (about 8 cruises in all), and I found the CSR's on the phone at Celebrity don't compare. They can be very heavy pressure or very apathetic, and most often not willing to go the extra mile to look something up or give you more info. It's not a game changer for me, just an observation.

If you were not well past final payment I would have recommended canceling. With this feeling going in, even with the best service ever, there will be fault found, and you will not have an enjoyable cruise. It is doomed for disappointment.:(

Hi Everyone,

I find Celebrity's agents to be extremely courteous and helpful. I feel they are doing a much better job, than say 2-3 years ago, when I used to reach too many folks that knew virtually nothing about the product.

FWIW, I've had an incredibly horrible customer service experience with Samsung in recent weeks. I could write paragraphs about the numerous phone calls - where a commitment was made and subsequently not honored. It was one of the most bizarre customer service experiences I've ever had. Over a $20 part - which, btw, I was willing to pay for, they've turned me off from purchasing a $2,500 Samsung television. How smart were they ?

I have nothing but good things to say about Celebrity's agents. Now, if they can only do something about the hold times :)

And Delta is actually providing some Customer Service now which is rather strange for an Airline!

I think this entire thing relates to the "Is Celebrity going to a two class system" and there is considerable debate on that. I will say that if Celebrity has anybody watching these boards, they might take notice of this. I'm going to assume if you were booking a suite you would have stellar customer service but if you are not booking a suite, Celebrity couldn't care less about you. Unfortunately, whether that is accurate or not, it is the reputation they have received, and in my personal experience it is well earned. Celebrity caters to those who want to pay a small fortune for their vacations and the rest of us who fill up the rest of the ship aren't worth their time and effort and more often than not their most basic courtesy. My husband and I have discussed this and I really am not a negative person and I do make my fun, and since I cruise for the ports, we will be sticking with our Alaskan cruise....as my husband says...we have the drink package...we will have fun!

I think this entire thing relates to the "Is Celebrity going to a two class system" and there is considerable debate on that. I will say that if Celebrity has anybody watching these boards, they might take notice of this. I'm going to assume if you were booking a suite you would have stellar customer service but if you are not booking a suite, Celebrity couldn't care less about you. Unfortunately, whether that is accurate or not, it is the reputation they have received, and in my personal experience it is well earned. Celebrity caters to those who want to pay a small fortune for their vacations and the rest of us who fill up the rest of the ship aren't worth their time and effort and more often than not their most basic courtesy. My husband and I have discussed this and I really am not a negative person and I do make my fun, and since I cruise for the ports, we will be sticking with our Alaskan cruise....as my husband says...we have the drink package...we will have fun!

That has not been our experience, we have always had over the top wonderful service from booking to sailing to heading home since our first with X in 1994. We started in a standard OV, 4 of us with our 2 kids, and have since only booked above a standard veranda 1 time, ( that was a C2 last yr for the extra point before the conversion) We always book direct thru the Loyality desk at Capt Club, this next cruise will finally put us over the 300 points needed to reach the Elite level in CC. We are not big spenders, we have 'sailed around':rolleyes: with 6 other lines.

I think this entire thing relates to the "Is Celebrity going to a two class system" and there is considerable debate on that. I will say that if Celebrity has anybody watching these boards, they might take notice of this. I'm going to assume if you were booking a suite you would have stellar customer service but if you are not booking a suite, Celebrity couldn't care less about you. Unfortunately, whether that is accurate or not, it is the reputation they have received, and in my personal experience it is well earned. Celebrity caters to those who want to pay a small fortune for their vacations and the rest of us who fill up the rest of the ship aren't worth their time and effort and more often than not their most basic courtesy.

OK -- I must be missing something here. :confused: When we pick up the phone and call Celebrity to book a cruise -- the person who answers the phone doesn't initially know who I am or what category of cabin I want to book. In five years of cruising X, we've always had great customer service, regardless of whether we are booking a suite, or the cheapest veranda cabin on the ship. When we have run into questions or problems booking, our calls have been efficiently forwarded to someone who could help us resolve the issue -- regardless of the cabin we were booking.

Isn't it kind of odd to base your future cruise bookings on telephone contact with the cruise agent? Why not see a live travel agent if you want or need hand holding or want or need to have a warm and fuzzy booking experience?

Just wondering, as I have only booked cruises through my AAA travel department. Plenty of hand holding if that what you are seeking. :)

Am I missing something here?

Edited by Kingofcool1947
Update

We just booked a B2B in January to include our parents....the agents from Celebrity were wonderful and I had at TON of questions since we did Choice Air as well.

Disney and RCI have always been great to us as well.

My issues start after we board with Guest Relations. We have had not so good luck with Guest Relations on any line we have been on...they just don't have the required people skills and training, IMO.