boarding in San Pedro is there luggage drop off

sdnich

There is a shuttle that will pick you up if it happens to be passing your as you're schlepping your luggage to the porters from your parked car. But I think it's easier to drop your bags off with a porter first, then park your car and walk to check-in. The shuttle also works the secondary parking lot over by the Catalina Express terminal, which is used for overflow parking during the busy season.

[B]We always get there by 10:00am. Park near where we will come out
after the cruise. Looking at terminal it is toward the left.
If we had more than a suitcase a piece, drive to entrance first ,a porter will come and take from you.Otherwise we just walk with luggage from parking area to terminal and turn over to porter.
[/B]

[quote name='M4dC0w']Corkage fee is only applied if you are over the 1 bottle per adult limit 750ml bottles, so boxed wine is not guatenteed charged a fee. Most likely not if only 1 box.[/QUOTE]

They should be prepared just in case. I know a box of wine holds a lot more than 1 bottle, and I've heard of a $30 corkage fee for boxed wine.

I am sorry I meant a box with wine.We are bringing 4 bottles of wine and know we will have corkage on 2. The rest is bottled water and Pellegrino and a few sodas.I am wondering If we should then separate and carry two on two pay the courage or if the porter can take care of it?

[quote name='sdnich']I am sorry I meant a box with wine.We are bringing 4 bottles of wine and know we will have corkage on 2. The rest is bottled water and Pellegrino and a few sodas.I am wondering If we should then separate and carry two on two pay the courage or if the porter can take care of it?[/QUOTE]

No, the porter cannot take care of your wine. You have to bring it yourself.

Princess policy is for the wine to be hand carried aboard.

However, there have been a number of posts from people who have had them as checked luggage. Sometimes they were called to pay the corkage fee, sometimes they were not.

So far there has been no post about wine in a checked item being taken away by Princess.