Carnival Cruise - Splendor

cruiser12

I have not been on a Carnival Ship since 1999, with that being said what a great cruise I had on Splendor - October 11-16,2014 from NewYork to Canada.

We arrived at the terminal about 10:30 am to all smiles and very friendly staff. Checked in, took a seat ( we were zone 5) and on the ship by 11:30 am. Our cabins we were told would not be ready till 1:30pm. Went to deck nine to get something to eat. Lots to choose from. Pizza, buffet, grill, and hot pastrami sandwiches yummy ! Before we knew it - it was time to see our cabins - luggage arrived and waiting for us - we unpacked - now ready to explore the ship. So much to see.

First off the ship is clean very clean. Crew is amazing ! Very professional and friendly. They could not do enough for you.

Food was all good from buffet to The Steakhouse which is not to be missed. A true dining experience to enjoy.

We went to every show, saw the comedy acts, and I caught some of the movies and with popcorn too. This was cruise 38 and will be on Carnival again. So glad I sailed on Carnival.

I have not been on a Carnival Ship since 1999, with that being said what a great cruise I had on Splendor - October 11-16,2014 from NewYork to Canada.

We arrived at the terminal about 10:30 am to all smiles and very friendly staff. Checked in, took a seat ( we were zone 5) and on the ship by 11:30 am. Our cabins we were told would not be ready till 1:30pm. Went to deck nine to get something to eat. Lots to choose from. Pizza, buffet, grill, and hot pastrami sandwiches yummy ! Before we knew it - it was time to see our cabins - luggage arrived and waiting for us - we unpacked - now ready to explore the ship. So much to see.

First off the ship is clean very clean. Crew is amazing ! Very professional and friendly. They could not do enough for you.

Food was all good from buffet to The Steakhouse which is not to be missed. A true dining experience to enjoy.

We went to every show, saw the comedy acts, and I caught some of the movies and with popcorn too. This was cruise 38 and will be on Carnival again. So glad I sailed on Carnival.

Thanks for the concise review. We have sailed the Splendor 3 times (the latest in August) and have enjoyed all of them. Welcome back to sailing with Carnival!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I fly to San Juan very early on Friday and will be boarding her for the 2nd leg of the repositioning. I did a similar cruise last November when they were moving Conquest (also 8 nights San Juan to Miami).

I'm actually a fan of the Fantasy class ships, but really love the Spirit class. The Conquest class is a little too large with too many people for my tastes, but I'm looking forward to Splendor. I think I'm going to like the open aft area (don't care for the closed-in aft area on Conquest class).

I just wish Splendor had Guy's Burgers. And I know I'll miss having the Fish & Chips upstairs in Lido. But I don't I'll go hungry!! :p

It's going to be a great cruise. Really looking forward to the ship and the great itinerary. I'm also booked on her for the 1-time Bermuda cruise (which will be ending in almost exactly one year).