Brilliance Questions...

Hello everyone,

Headed out on Brilliance in March for my first cruise ever! So excited!! Does anyone know how much money they freeze on your credit card per day?

Secondly, I saw the post where everyone was posting what shows were playing on which ship, but there is no where for me to sign up and pay for any shows yet for my cruise? How long before that becomes available.

Thanks so much.

Hello everyone,

Headed out on Brilliance in March for my first cruise ever! So excited!! Does anyone know how much money they freeze on your credit card per day?

I use a regular credit card. Not a debit card. I have not had problems with my account being frozen

Secondly, I saw the post where everyone was posting what shows were playing on which ship, but there is no where for me to sign up and pay for any shows yet for my cruise? How long before that becomes available.

To my knowledge there are no for a fee shows on Brilliance.

Thanks so much.

Happy cruising!

They don't do a "hold" on CREDIT cards...only on DEBIT cards. They will "pre-approve" certain amounts on credit cards, but that's not a "hold".... and if you have sufficient credit, you'll never even know about it!

If you plan to use a debit card, forget it, and just take the cash out of your account and bring it...apply as needed to your account.

Credit cards are based on your CREDIT. Debit cards are based on your checking account...just bring the cash and be done with it!

Edited by cb at sea

They don't do a "hold" on CREDIT cards...only on DEBIT cards. They will "pre-approve" certain amounts on credit cards, but that's not a "hold".... and if you have sufficient credit, you'll never even know about it!

If you plan to use a debit card, forget it, and just take the cash out of your account and bring it...apply as needed to your account.

Credit cards are based on your CREDIT. Debit cards are based on your checking account...just bring the cash and be done with it!

I use a debit card and have had no problems. I haven't had any holds placed on my funds.

I use a debit card and have had no problems. I haven't had any holds placed on my funds.

We have had in the past and realized it after getting off the ship. Our debit card was tied up for more money than we owed the ship. Took several days to clear.

I'm a little confused because on her sister ship Serenade, there were at least two different shows (maybe three!), plus practice times.

But yes, get a seat early as it gets very crowded in the Centrum.

I know in April they only ran it at 1 time on my 4nt cruise. I know there was a practice! I didn't attend Captain welcome aboard, so I don't know if they had a small show!

Now on my 5 nt Vision cruise this Sept. They had a small short preview show on Captain welcome aboard party. 2 Women came down in the baskets and started serving champs to everyone!

Then they had a practice at noon the last day and 1 show that night! MJ practice was at 3pm. The practice times are all speculative to each ship. CD am briefing it is usually announced.

If you were on a 7 day or longer maybe they add another show?

Your Compass will have the show info!

Yes seating is at a premium all the way up and viewing space; get there early. Vision was beyond packed for MJ Thriller and then the Aerial show!

Enjoy your cruise!

Re credit card - usually they'll do a $259 authorization. This is a hold, as those funds are unavailable for other purchases. Once you start spending they will do further daily holds based on your spend. Then you'll have a big charge at the end of the cruise.

The holds will typically fall off within a few days of the end of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to always use my debit card, with no holds or at least any I could see online. I'd always see a charge for the final bill the morning I got off.

Now everything goes on AMEX for points for future cruises.