Do NCL provide a shuttle bus in Mykonos?

Ewoodspark

I realise that the Greek Isles cruises have now finished for 2014, but does anybody have information about docking in Mykonos. I am aware that there is a public bus into town (Hora) for €1.60 and a water taxi for €2.00 but do NCL provide a shuttle bus as well and if so at what cost please?

I don't remember a shuttle bus, but the town is right there. The most popular form of transportation appeared to be rented motorcycles, which only seemed required to get up top. It is a beautiful town except it is so Blue and White you expect to see Dallas Cowboys, but the local seafood is also very good. For us it was a mellow day on a very port intensive cruise.

Must have changed to a tender port since we were there. I have pics of a tug holding the ship at the dock in really windy conditions.

As others have said, the town is right there and no shuttle would be needed.

It can be a tender port, but I am asking when it is docked a mile out of town. I am aware it can be walked but the terrain is not ideal.

"Cruise ships dock at the Port of Tourlos, about a mile north of Hora. Larger ships may tender. A shuttle bus between the port and Hora is provided. If you'd like to walk, it takes about 30 minutes from port to town."

Edited by Ewoodspark

It can be a tender port, but I am asking when it is docked a mile out of town. I am aware it can be walked but the terrain is not ideal.

I went a few years ago and we were docked close in town. A mile out would be a challenge. Guess they've found a cheaper place.....

We were in Mykonos in 2010 on the NCL Gem and tendered right to the downtown dock. However, in 2013, on the Celebrity Constellation, we docked about a mile from the town. Celebrity provided a free shuttle to the town.

The second time, we took a great excursion to Delos and the ferryboat picked us up on the same dock when Constellation docked, then returned us to the city dock. We took the shuttle back to the ship, but you can walk it.

On Spirit last year, we tendered to the dock in Mykonos Town. If you wander up the main shopping street (Matoyianni Street), you will end up at a small square. There you will find the busses that will transport you to Paradise and a variety of other beaches. Round trip was something like 2 euro. Very affordable.

We had a perfect day in Mykonos. Here's a link to my review from last year. There are a couple shots of the shopping street and the Paradise beach club.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1925162&highlight=awesome+grand+med&page=3

We were on the Jade THIS MONTH, and the ship docked at the far pier in Mykonos. NCL provided free shuttle bus from ship to edge of town.

Another ship was in Mykonos on same day - Splendor of the Seas, and it anchored and the pax were tendered right into town.

So .... if ship anchors, you'll be tendered, but if ship docks, you have a free ride.