San Juan Disembarkation/Luggage Transfer

katiebeth

My husband and I will be sailing on Oceania for the first time on the Insignia, Nov. 11th, 2014 ..Traveling the Tropics. We are experienced cruises and have sailed on many lines including Azamara. We are really looking forward to sailing on Oceania and enjoying the smaller ship experience.

This will be the first time that we fly home on the day of disembarkation. In the past, we have always stayed a night or 2 in the city/town where we disembark. Our flight is not until 1:50 and I am wondering if Oceania offers any type of baggage/porter service where our bags could be transferred directly to the airport? (we have booked our own airfare independently) If so, this may allow us to have lunch or explore San Juan on our own for a couple of hours prior to our flight departing.

I have also looked in the shore excursion offerings to see if Oceania offers any type of tour and then transfer to the airport for passengers whose flights depart after 12:00 p.m., but have not found anything.

We would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

Thank you,

Nancy

We had independent flights home from Miami. On board, they didn't advertise this before we boarded, they offered a HOHO trip ( the bus company took care of our luggage). When we returned to the bus company drop off point, we collected our luggage and the bus company took us to the airport.

What I'm trying to say is that it is possible that 'O' will arrange something, at cost. Perhaps if you e-mail them, they may have something available..:)

You will leave the ship by 9, and for a 1:50 flight you want to be at the airport by noon. At best you have a couple of hours and you have your luggage. I doubt O will offer anything for such a short time. You may be able to find a private guide for a drive around or similar. There is a free bus but no provision for luggage storage.

My husband and I will be sailing on Oceania for the first time on the Insignia, Nov. 11th, 2014 ..Traveling the Tropics. We are experienced cruises and have sailed on many lines including Azamara. We are really looking forward to sailing on Oceania and enjoying the smaller ship experience.

This will be the first time that we fly home on the day of disembarkation. In the past, we have always stayed a night or 2 in the city/town where we disembark. Our flight is not until 1:50 and I am wondering if Oceania offers any type of baggage/porter service where our bags could be transferred directly to the airport? (we have booked our own airfare independently) If so, this may allow us to have lunch or explore San Juan on our own for a couple of hours prior to our flight departing.

I have also looked in the shore excursion offerings to see if Oceania offers any type of tour and then transfer to the airport for passengers whose flights depart after 12:00 p.m., but have not found anything.

We would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

Thank you,

Nancy

We are on that cruise also and our flight is not leaving til 4:15pm. We were thinking about going to a hotel and get a day pass or day room. Checked Caribe Hilton but they won't confirm anything til the day prior.

Nancy - why don't you join our Roll Call and come to our Meet and Greet.

Catherine

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond ...."we will play it by ear"! We may end up just heading straight to the airport, but it would be nice to explore San Juan for an hour or 2 (without our luggage) before heading to the airport ...either way we will be fine!

Catherine ...thank you so much for the invitation for the meet and greet! I will go to the Roll Call board and sign up. My husband Rich and I are celebrating 30 years of marriage on Nov. 10th and this is our first time cruising as empty nesters. Our youngest daughter is a Freshman in college now, and this will be our first extended cruise without our children or my parents sailing with us! We are looking forward to this cruise so much and experiencing Oceania for the first time! We have sailed on Azamara a number of years ago and loved the small ship experience! I am hoping you can find a day room in San Juan and think it is a great idea since you are not flying out until 4:15 p.m.!

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

In San Juan you have to go through a agriculture check with your bags, then go to the airline counter to check in and then go to security. There is no curb side checkin or luggage service.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Edited by hypercafe