Cheeper to book on board or on Internet?

coldinerie

If you buy a Future Cruise Credit onboard your deposit is only $100 pp and you get some of that back as onboard credit. As to the actual cruise fare it just depends; if you can catch a sale on the internet your fare will probably be cheaper.

I find that if you know where to look, you can find a TA who will give you a discount. We usually save about 15% off the Princess fare
I agree. Always cheaper to use a discount TA. Like Paul, I save 10-20%, depending on the cruise and cabin category. The earlier you book and higher cabin category, usually the better the savings. Any good TA would be available via phone, fax or email.

The price of a cruise is exactly the same on the ship as if you did it at home the same day.

As mentioned above, booking on a ship will allow you to put down just a $100/person deposit (except on world cruise segments) and will get you some On Board Credit (OBC that =free money) on that future cruise.

Any cruise you book on the ship can be turned over to your favorite travel agent as long as it is not past final payment time. As mentioned above, hopefully your favorite TA is a discount TA.

While on the ship, you should probably purchase Future Cruise Certificates ($100/person only in the names of people actually on the ship) that can be used at home to have a future cruise booked (with a TA or with Princess) with that same $100 down (already paid for with the FCC) and future OBC.

The price of a cruise is exactly the same on the ship as if you did it at home the same day.

While on the ship, you should probably purchase Future Cruise Certificates ($100/person only in the names of people actually on the ship) that can be used at home to have a future cruise booked (with a TA or with Princess) with that same $100 down (already paid for with the FCC) and future OBC.

So, are you saying that you can purchase a future cruise certificate for 100.00 and then book any Princess cruise in the future? I was worried that I had to know the exact cruise that I wanted in the future.

Thanks for the clarification.

No, the FCC's are good for any cruise for up to two years; and if you don't use it you can get a refund.
It's a win/win since not only is your full deposit on any cruise other than a world cruise or world cruise segment but you get OBC for booking with the FCC, up to $150, depending on the length of the cruise and cabin category. I always have two in my Captain's Circle account so I can jump on a cruise as soon as I see one rather than have to put a large deposit down.

It's a win/win since not only is your full deposit on any cruise other than a world cruise or world cruise segment but you get OBC for booking with the FCC, up to $150, depending on the length of the cruise and cabin category. I always have two in my Captain's Circle account so I can jump on a cruise as soon as I see one rather than have to put a large deposit down.

I had forgotten what a great deal the FCC's are until recently, when I booked my first RCI cruise and had to put $500 down. It was also a bit of a shock to have to pay the full air fare upon booking through RCI's ChoiceAir. With Princess Air you don't have to pay until the final cruise payment. AND you don't pay for the excursions until the end of the cruise.

I had forgotten what a great deal the FCC's are until recently, when I booked my first RCI cruise and had to put $500 down. It was also a bit of a shock to have to pay the full air fare upon booking through RCI's ChoiceAir. With Princess Air you don't have to pay until the final cruise payment. AND you don't pay for the excursions until the end of the cruise.

And you do not have to pay the daily gratuity in advance if you are in Anytime dining (Princess equivalent of RCCL My Time Dining).

Most times as everyone has said you'll probably get a better deal using your own TA although on my last trip on the CB in Sept Princess had the best deal since they offered more cabin credit than my TA was giving.

As far as the FCC goes, of course it always pays to use one & a few years ago they had a deal to book on board the Grand and doubles the FCC on board credit if booked on the ship. I haven't see that happen again but the way the CB had been selling lately it wouldn't surprise me if they did bring back that offer for select sailings.

It always pays to check with the on board future sales rep to see if they have anything available.

You can book the actual cruise onboard with the $100 PP deposit and the OBC and then transfer the booking to an agent if you can find a better price or perks. Or just buy the FCC and book when you get home. Both will save you a little on the deposit and give you OBCs

We will be on the CB in Dec of 2014, I want to go back to the CB or Regal in Feb of 2015. Do you think I will get a better deal on board booking or via web?

FYI: A future cruise credit purchased would not help if you're booking that close to the cruise. If they are booking in Dec 2014 for a cruise in Feb 2015, that will be within final payment time and would require full payment not just the deposit. But - for any other cruise later on -- great idea.

FYI: A future cruise credit purchased would not help if you're booking that close to the cruise. If they are booking in Dec 2014 for a cruise in Feb 2015, that will be within final payment time and would require full payment not just the deposit. But - for any other cruise later on -- great idea.

Will not help with the deposit, but will get some free OBC.