Quad cabin for three

jtdlmc

We're looking at booking Freedom of the Seas in Feb. 2016. My 13-year-old son would like to bring a friend but seeing that it is almost 1 1/2 years away I don't think we can plan on a specific person this far in advance. Does RCI allow you to book a quad cabin for three people so that we could maybe add a fourth person later?

They will also allow you to book a quad with the name of the 4th person TBD (to be determined). That way you don't have to worry about the ship reaching max capacity AND you'll lock in the current price should the price increase. You will have until final payment to put a name to or cancel the 4th passenger. You will have to pay the deposit for the TBD 4th, but as long as you cancel before final, it will just be applied to passengers' 1-3 balance.

We've done this. Had hoped for a 4th that wasn't able to sail.

~ Judy

I'd lock in a 4th in the cabin now. If you book a quad without having a 4th name, you risk getting moved if they run out of cabins to accomodate a fourth and get a request that requires a quad. Also, you're locking in the price of that 4th passenger. Also, regardless of having that extra pullman in your cabin, your ship could reach maximum capacity and you wouldn't be allowed to add that 4th passenger. You can always change the name of the passenger. This is the safest way to ensure you can add the fourth person in your cabin.