Need help! Passport question for Divina Caribbean out of Miami

JenandRafcruiselovers

We are leaving on the Divina tomorrow and have left our passports in the safety deposit box. Does anyone know if we have to have a passport or is another form of ID acceptable?

We have our drivers licenses, what other things could we bring as proof of ID?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I'm going with you! If no passport you need a birth certificate along with your D.I. They may allow someone to fax or email a copy of your birth certificate. It has been done before. Good luck. I would get to the pier early to try and sort this out

No offense intended but, in today's world I really hope that the OP is not allowed to board. Identification requirements are put in place by governments and the safety of all passengers should always be considered. The idea that someone could fax a birth certificate is a joke - there is no way to authenticate a fax copy. It may sound mean but really this is the OP's own fault.

No offense intended but, in today's world I really hope that the OP is not allowed to board. Identification requirements are put in place by governments and the safety of all passengers should always be considered. The idea that someone could fax a birth certificate is a joke - there is no way to authenticate a fax copy. It may sound mean but really this is the OP's own fault.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

We are leaving on the Divina tomorrow and have left our passports in the safety deposit box. Does anyone know if we have to have a passport or is another form of ID acceptable?

We have our drivers licenses, what other things could we bring as proof of ID?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bring a valid state issued ID and an original birth certificate or certified copy with a raised seal. I doubt a fax will suffice. No offense, but how didbyyou not think of this earlier? I feel like I'm scrambling now, and I don't depart til december 13th.

I think they'll be ok if they have enhanced drivers licenses....NY has them (you pay extra).

But...some of these comments are kind of harsh.

Everybody makes mistakes.

A friend of ours missed his cruise because he thought the last day of the cruise was the first day.

The OP is from Arizona, do they issue enhanced drivers licenses?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think so. Currently only available in Washington State, Vermont, Michigan, Minnesota, and New York. And they cost extra so most folks don't bother.

Additionally, the AZ DL is likely to set off more red flags for the OP due to the high number of illegal immigrants residing in AZ.

I hope the OP kets us know how this works out. I'm not optimistic.

If the passports are in a safety deposit box at a bank that's a problem unless the bank is open on Saturday

I would call the cruise line asap and see if they can help out.

Edited by Viv0828

Website says it sails out of Miami at 1900 (7pm East Coast). That gives them a bit of time to get someone to Fax IF Cruiseline will accept. Of course OP won't have any "Bridging" document for her married name ....

Just gets worse and worse... Fingers crossed !

OP here... Very sadly we are not on the Divina tonight. As others have stated (some a bit harshly) it is by our own fault. I never blamed MSC but was hoping someone could give us suggestions to help us out of a stupid mistake.

MSC was very professional and courteous in trying to get us on the ship. They were happy to use a faxed copy of our birth certificates. However my husband is from Puerto Rico and we did not know that as of 2010 his birth certificate had "expired". They said this is very common and happens often with PR birth certificates. We had no idea that we had to obtain a new certificate in 2010 as we/he does not live there.

They tried their hardest to get us on the ship and provided us with great service the entire time we were there. We were honestly very impressed by their professionalism and great customer service. Despite things not working out in our favor we have no ill will towards MSC.

It does not take the sting out of our situation, but I have to believe there is a reason why we were not meant to be on that beautiful ship today. [emoji25]