tapatalk

pizzalady1

FYI there are apps for both iphone/ipad and android for Cruise Critic.

No need to use tapatalk.

To answer your question, the app just eliminates using the browser interface.

Not a big deal to me, but it is a little handier.

FYI there are apps for both iphone/ipad and android for Cruise Critic.

No need to use tapatalk.

The Cruise Critic app is just a branded and cutdown version of Tapatalk, since I use also other discussion boards, there is no reason for me to use the branded version since I can access all boards from one app. Also earlier there were no ads on Tapatalk but there were on Cruise Critic version, nowadays my Tapatalk also shows ads. The original Tapatalk app is also developed actively, I can't even remember when the branded version was updated with bug fixes.

Edited by Demonyte

I remember seeing post from people on here that ended in "posted by using tapatalk" or something like that before. So, I decided to download it on my phone to use. All I can remember is that I hated it and just wanted to be able to see everything as if I was on a regular PC. I deleted it and never looked back. :D I still get the pop-up asking me to download it and quickly get out of it to go to the full version. I'm really not sure the need for it? Maybe I'm missing something?

I remember seeing post from people on here that ended in "posted by using tapatalk" or something like that before. So, I decided to download it on my phone to use. All I can remember is that I hated it and just wanted to be able to see everything as if I was on a regular PC. I deleted it and never looked back. :D I still get the pop-up asking me to download it and quickly get out of it to go to the full version. I'm really not sure the need for it? Maybe I'm missing something?

Same here!

I installed it and could instantly tell I didn't like it.

For one, it seemed to sign me up for a couple of random forums I've never heard of and I couldn't figure out how to remove myself from them... and then I didn't see anyway of navigating CruiseCritic to the specific forums I wanted to visit (such as the NCL forum, of course). It seemed to just randomly show whatever thread was posted in most recently, regardless of which forum it happened to be in. And since there are a gazillion different forums here...

So yeah, I also deleted it and haven't looked back. lol

Instead of the default tab "Feed" one should switch to "Forums" (the default tab can be changed in app settings) where they can select Cruise Critic.

When the app connects to the chosen forum, there should be several different choices to choose from, I always use "Subscribed" as I've subscribed to the two boards (NCL and Celebrity) I follow here as well as it lists all the threads I've subscribed to (including the Roll Call threads I'm interested about) - to me this is way simpler than jumping around different boards looking for the threads via the browser interface.

So, it takes a bit of learning and tweaking first, but I prefer this a lot over the ad and signature ridden web interface. :)

Instead of the default tab "Feed" one should switch to "Forums" (the default tab can be changed in app settings) where they can select Cruise Critic.

When the app connects to the chosen forum, there should be several different choices to choose from, I always use "Subscribed" as I've subscribed to the two boards (NCL and Celebrity) I follow here as well as it lists all the threads I've subscribed to (including the Roll Call threads I'm interested about) - to me this is way simpler than jumping around different boards looking for the threads via the browser interface.

So, it takes a bit of learning and tweaking first, but I prefer this a lot over the ad and signature ridden web interface. :)

Agree. It does not give full views of everything you'll see with a browser. Depending on the forum, the app can be much quicker. The cruise critic app seems to work well. The major advantage of TT is it gives a user access to most of the forums that one watches. If you keep up with a dozen forums, it helps. I don't have ads.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yea, I tried it and did not like it for some reason. It has been awhile.

I just checked out tapatalk again on my iPad yesterday since I have the app on it as well. When I first click it, t asks me to sign in using all diff type of social sites.....ohhh no no no....I will stay with the normal browser.

What I ended up doing on my android phone was bring up each CC cruise line page that I go to and mark it as a favorite. This way I can go to my fav icon and just tap it and waaalaaa, I am there, and current.

I just checked out tapatalk again on my iPad yesterday since I have the app on it as well. When I first click it, t asks me to sign in using all diff type of social sites.....ohhh no no no....I will stay with the normal browser.

No need for that, just skip that screen. Tapatalk ID is only needed for syncing some of Tapatalk settings on multiple devices etc, I find absolutely no need for that - the subscriptions are stored in specific discussion boards anyway.

Edited by Demonyte

• 1 month later...
OK. I just read this thread and decided to try the CC app on my phone. I can't figure out how to post from the app. Is it just me? (Probably:o)

CC app on iPhone?

P.S.

If you need help let me know.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

July 2014 Breakaway

Edited by meatball_nyc