Live from Explorer's 14 Night Repositioning S. Caribbean cruise to Port Canaveral

I thought the word "ventriloquist" was a euphemism for "awful and horrendous." :rolleyes:

Of course, now that I'm being so unkind about the juggling comedian and ventriloquist, they are both bound to turn up on our December cruise ... :(

The juggling comedian did get off in Cape Liberty, but that is no guarantee that he will not reboard at some time.

Marion Mom, First of all, congrats on attaining Pinnacle!!!

Just wanted to mention that we think that couple dressing alike are so cute! They were on one of our 12 night Explorer Cruises and had to walk past our table in the MDR every night. All 10 of us would wait each night to see what they were wearing and we would make a fuss over them. They were very nice and friendly too. It think they loved it when you asked them about their outfits. They had different outfits for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! I have no idea how they pack all that stuff......and all those hats that they wear as well. We also saw them another time when we were on the Liberty and at Labadee.......they must have been on Explorer because we saw them walking around Labadee.......and of course they were dressed alike......LOL

Enjoy their many outfits this week!

Congratulations on reaching Pinnacle!

At the end of our June 2015 cruise, it will take us another seven years to reach D+. We need to step up our cruising schedule, but work keeps getting in the way (and not enough vacay time. Don't they know we have a schedule to keep??).

Love the couple in their matching outfits. They must drive to Bayonne. There's no way you can fly with all those clothes! I frequented the HAL board in preparation for our first cruise. There was a couple who wore fancy slippers (think big, fluffy animals) every night. Has anyone ever seen them?

Glad the seas have calmed down. I couldn't watch the video. Maybe after taking a Bonine!

introduced the senior staff:

10363111_10205133511485567_2789171179864411908_n.jpg

I cannot begin to tell you how extremely sorry I am that I had not taken out my camera until it was too late.................

Captain Rick Sullivan was wheeled in on a giant red divan that is a prop from one of the production shows, lolling about provocatively.

He introduced François who then proceeded to introduce the rest, ending with Wendy, the Loyalty Ambassador and Future Cruise Director. :rolleyes:

10678831_10205133511445566_1898285041706550342_n.jpg

All FORTY FIVE Pinnacles were asked to trot up on stage, where the ship's photographer attempted to take a picture of all of us. It took a lot of shuffling back and forth, but eventually he got the shot.

Several of my friends took pictures, but I don't have any of them yet in my possession. Stay tuned.

(and yes, 45 is a record number on one cruise)

Here ya go:

1415122475579.jpg.3f3226bb9ffa93c36603b52f705e18a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Edited by EmpressofPurple

Marion Mom, First of all, congrats on attaining Pinnacle!!!

Just wanted to mention that we think that couple dressing alike are so cute! They were on one of our 12 night Explorer Cruises and had to walk past our table in the MDR every night. All 10 of us would wait each night to see what they were wearing and we would make a fuss over them. They were very nice and friendly too. It think they loved it when you asked them about their outfits. They had different outfits for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! I have no idea how they pack all that stuff......and all those hats that they wear as well. We also saw them another time when we were on the Liberty and at Labadee.......they must have been on Explorer because we saw them walking around Labadee.......and of course they were dressed alike......LOL

Enjoy their many outfits this week!

Round-trip out of Cape Liberty, packing wouldn't be a problem.

But how will they get everything home from Florida on November 15? FedEx? ;)

I rarely take a ship's excursion. On this cruise, all of the ports are new to me except St. Maarten & Barbados. In Barbados, I have organized a group excursion for some Roll Call buddies. In other ports, I have jumped on other people's private excursions.

But I found myself reading the Shore Excursions booklet in my cabin.

You know that the descriptions can be interesting, and the "restrictions" can vary widely and be VERY interesting.

But I have never seen one as interesting as this:

10641116_10205138209403012_2957540749529755983_n.jpg

Thank you for this amazing review! I'm following.

I will be sailing when you come back. Can you tell us what's new with the propeller? is it all fixed or are you still having issues??? I'm very concerned since I'm sailing in 10 days... thank you!!!

Carol, congrats on making Pinnacle. Since you will be sailing with us on the Quantum, I might have to rethink that cruise😁. Umm, no! We'll be there!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'll try not to sink the ship, Rita! ;) :D

54 Pinnacle on Quantum!!! Sorry the record didn't last too long:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2116512&page=40 (post 782)

Carol congrats on now being PC:cool:

Graham

Ah, but we sailed on November 1, so when we sailed, it was the record.

It has merely NOW been eclipsed! ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thank you for this amazing review! I'm following.

I will be sailing when you come back. Can you tell us what's new with the propeller? is it all fixed or are you still having issues??? I'm very concerned since I'm sailing in 10 days... thank you!!!

Third-hand (but in my opinion, trustworthy) information: The azipods (2) are fine; the fixipod (1) is totally out of commission. It will not be fixed until drydock in Cadiz, Spain in March 2015.

But it has been this way for quite a while, and Explorer just keeps chuggin' along!

That same couple were on Enchantment when it repositioned from Baltimore to Port Canaveral Florida and believe it or not they weren't aware the ship wasn't coming back to Baltimore. They had parked their car in the parking lot of the pier in Baltimore not realizing Enchantment wasn't coming back. This was also an issue since they said they didn't fly. I believe they ended up renting a mini van in Florida and driving back. Hopefully they checked the itinerary for this cruise.

Edited by Host Kewlguy

You know that the descriptions can be interesting, and the "restrictions" can vary widely and be VERY interesting.

But I have never seen one as interesting as this:

10641116_10205138209403012_2957540749529755983_n.jpg

Finally, something I can go on.

Congratulations on P.

I've cruised with them!!!

They also love to dance and I have a great photo sequence that I must dig up.:D

That same couple were on Enchantment when it repositioned from Baltimore to Port Canaveral Florida and believe it or not they weren't aware the ship wasn't coming back to Baltimore. They had parked their car in the parking lot of the pier in Baltimore not realizing Enchantment wasn't coming back. This was also an issue since they said they didn't fly. I believe they ended up renting a mini van in Florida and driving back. Hopefully they checked the itinerary for this cruise.

Everybody makes mistakes, but I thought this was hysterical!

Max weight 600 lbs, max age 95 years old, glad I can still do that.

We just got back from the Bahamas and the waves were very bad and temps dropped but a rogue wave beats all. Thankful no one was hurt. Here I was upset that I have yet to see Cococay. Sea day once again and it was very boring. I really caught up on my sleep on this cruise. Looking forward to seeing Explorer at PC.