Wang Wangs ?

Mr and Mrs CIQ

I've never heard of this drink, but am following the scientific results. :D

We've never had one either, but when in Rome.... We had a Zuiderdam bartender tell us about two off-menu drinks that were stronger than the Wang Wang. He described the first one as "kicking like a mile," and the strongest one as "bucking like a wild stallion." My DSIL really liked the strongest one, as it had kind of a chocolate milkshake thing going on. I believe she carries the recipe with her.

We've never had one either, but when in Rome.... We had a Zuiderdam bartender tell us about two off-menu drinks that were stronger than the Wang Wang. He described the first one as "kicking like a mile," and the strongest one as "bucking like a wild stallion." My DSIL really liked the strongest one, as it had kind of a chocolate milkshake thing going on. I believe she carries the recipe with her.

And if you could possibly get the names of these beverages as well, it would be most appreciated.:)

Wang Wang

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice. Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin! :D

OMG! I'm not sure I would even be able to stand up after that (not much of a drinker)!:eek:

Just a one time, limited experiment. I'm more of a pure researcher (bourbon on the rocks,) but I'm willing to take one for the team and get this fruit juice concoction.

We will be looking for this update.

We found the Wang-Wang to be the best "get-over-the-jet-lag-when-taking-a-Europe-cruise: the first night of the cruise, stay up as late at possible, have 1-2 wang-wangs in the Crow's Nest just before retiring, and don't set an alarm.

Generally keeps us sleeping until 6:30 am or so, rather than the normal 2-4 am jet-lag wake up.

OMG! I'm not sure I would even be able to stand up after that (not much of a drinker)!:eek:

Only a 1/2 oz. more than a regular cocktail. 2 oz unless the bartender happens to overpour. A friend of mine said it was still being offered on the MS Amsterdam.

Edited by aliaschief

Mark your calendars for Sunday, November 16th. We should have an answer for you by mid-afternoon.

I sure hope you get to the bottom of this. :D

I discovered the Wang Wang on our last cruise on the Maasdam in March. The quality and taste can vary depending on your bartender.

I am so looking forward to having one with you on Nov 30th. Maybe the Club Sandwiches have also improved on the NA. ;)