Majesty Drydock

My wife and I had a great time on Majesty, none of the plumbing issues or staff issues you encountered; however stuff like that would ruin any cruise for us and I can assure you that if we had a sewage gurgling shower drain my wife would have the hotel directors head on a stick. Sorry your cruise sucked. Money is hard earned and when you have a bad time it's not a good feeling. Understandable and unfortunate. The next time we book I will remember to avoid deck 2.

My wife and I had a great time on Majesty, none of the plumbing issues or staff issues you encountered; however stuff like that would ruin any cruise for us and I can assure you that if we had a sewage gurgling shower drain my wife would have the hotel directors head on a stick. Sorry your cruise sucked. Money is hard earned and when you have a bad time it's not a good feeling. Understandable and unfortunate. The next time we book I will remember to avoid deck 2.

At least you understand :) Ive already been in contact with Adam Goldstein and such and they have made it somewhat "ok". I just believe that reviews on this site shouldn't always have to be positive, but negative to tell people what to avoid. I would never go on the ship again personally. I put the video of some of the gurgling on YouTube.

At least you understand :) Ive already been in contact with Adam Goldstein and such and they have made it somewhat "ok". I just believe that reviews on this site shouldn't always have to be positive, but negative to tell people what to avoid. I would never go on the ship again personally. I put the video of some of the gurgling on YouTube.

So sorry you didn't have a good experience. I would be ticked too and appreciate your point of view. I agree not everything should always be positive, it's always good to hear what others have encountered positive or negative. Hopefully your next cruise will be better with which ever line you choose.

I stayed in Deck 2 this past weekend and didn't encounter any issues.

I seem to recall the same complaints about deck 2 on Majesty's sister ship Monarch which has now been transferred out of the fleet. I wont sail Majesty because Miami is just too far away but I appreciate you sharing your experience.

I stayed in Deck 2 this past weekend and didn't encounter any issues.

I think you live on that ship; you may just be immune to any issues. :D

Cabins are usually plumbed together in smaller blocks; could be an isolated issue for a small number of cabins, or a broken one way valve, or cracked pipe. I wouldn't expect it to continue like that once maintenance identifies the source.

I think you live on that ship; you may just be immune to any issues. :D

Cabins are usually plumbed together in smaller blocks; could be an isolated issue for a small number of cabins, or a broken one way valve, or cracked pipe. I wouldn't expect it to continue like that once maintenance identifies the source.

Lol... You may be right. This is the first or second time ive stayed on deck 2. Ive stayed in various parts of the ship. Never encountered any issues. But like you said, couldve been an isolated issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Lol... You may be right. This is the first or second time ive stayed on deck 2. Ive stayed in various parts of the ship. Never encountered any issues. But like you said, couldve been an isolated issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see you sailed on the imagination and hated it. I didn't have any problems, but that just goes to show everyone has different experiences :)

Its unfortunate that so many people have great experiences and mine sucked. When I got back I talked to someone who was just on it a few weeks ago and noticed the rude staff (bartenders) problem as well. When I have **** gurgling in my shower drain that emits a horrific rotten **** smell in my cabin, yes I have a problem. Keep your eye rolling to yourself. The whole 2nd deck smelled like sewage the entire weekend. When you're yelled at for asking what time the bar opens on the day you miss a port of call and other passengers look and comment about how rude the person was, that's hardly a good experience. All of the common area chairs and seats were stained and need to be refurbished. When your room steward knows about the problem as knows you are moving rooms there is NO reason to throw away a bag of hair care items that were accidentally left in the room. It's nit like he was cleaning after we had left the boat.

I am sure plenty of people don't have high expectations when it comes to cruising, but I do. I have never had any sort of problem on Carnival and they call Carnival the "Walmart of cruiselines".

There are also several negative yelp reviews about the rude staff. So, maybe people on this forum should start increasing their expectations.

I'm a big Majesty cheerleader and have been on her many, many times since the 90's, last time being this past May. I love that ship - but she really needs some work done. We've had many of the top Suites on board including the Royal Family Suite and had the same sewer smells/drainage issues that you're mentioning. I know the ship is very old, but they really need to fix a lot of things.

Also experienced very rude bartenders in 2013 as well as 2014. Didn't ruin our trip by any means...but some of the crew were extremely rude.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am new to Cruise Critic!

I also heard about the 10 day dry dock for the Majesty, and the announcement

that the Majesty will be transferred. It looks like there is a break in the schedule in January. Does anyone know if they will be doing any upgrades/refurbishments, or is it just a regular maintenance check?

My family will be going on the Majesty the beginning of January, for the 4 night

cruise to the Bahamas/Key West. I have only been on Disney cruises prior, so I am excited to see what a Royal Caribbean cruise is all about! And, with living in Cleveland, Ohio, one is always ready for a trip in the winter.

We have reserved the Royal Family Suite,#1549. I have been trying to

get a good idea just what this suite is like, including lay out, space, bed arrangements, balcony size, concierge amenities, etc. I have talked with Royal Caribbean a time or two about this cabin. I can't seem to get any good information what this suite is really like. There are limited photos/info.

Has anyone been in this suite, and could relay some information/photos?

that the Majesty will be transferred. It looks like there is a break in the schedule in January. Does anyone know if they will be doing any upgrades/refurbishments, or is it just a regular maintenance check?

My family will be going on the Majesty the beginning of January, for the 4 night

cruise to the Bahamas/Key West. I have only been on Disney cruises prior, so I am excited to see what a Royal Caribbean cruise is all about! And, with living in Cleveland, Ohio, one is always ready for a trip in the winter.

get a good idea just what this suite is like, including lay out, space, bed arrangements, balcony size, concierge amenities, etc. I have talked with Royal Caribbean a time or two about this cabin. I can't seem to get any good information what this suite is really like. There are limited photos/info.

I am sure you will have a very nice time on Majesty of the Seas. DH and I have cruised on her 11 times, with the most recent one, this past Thanksgiving Weekend. I can't speak about the concierge services, since I have never been in a suite.

What I can say is this, we have always enjoyed cruising on Her Majesty, as I call her. She is the oldest and smallest of the Royal fleet. She only has one 'specialty restaurant' and the dinner is called Taste of Tuscany -- it is a small venue, but very nice -- and done on the first and last evenings of the 4 day cruise -- reservations are required. It utilizes their Compass Deli, which is a casual dining area above the Windjammer during the day. When we have had dinner their, it was wonderful -- lots to eat and all you can drink during dinner -- along with a chef's presentation -- all about pasta and sauces.

Her Majesty has a rock climbing wall, but doesn't have a flowrider or adult solarium. It has two pools and two hot tubs....and always has a great staff, with pool side activities and music. The cruise director Carlos Torres that we just had was very good.

Royal is known for its entertainment. The production show by Royal is called "Boogie Wonderland" and everytime we have seen it, we loved it....you should know the music well. It doesn't have the ability to do an ice show (no rink on board), it doesn't have Broadway shows on board....what it will give you is a GREAT cruise, with a lot of fun.

CocoCay is a wonderful beach day, with water activities etc on their private island and a BBQ lunch. Key West is very nice and excursions to do, as well as Nassau.

Don't compare this cruise to a Disney cruise.....that isn't fair. Please understand, that I have cruised on Allure and other large Royal ships and have had a good time on all of them....but Her Majesty is not her bigger sisters, either.

I will say this again, we just completed our 11th cruise on Her Majesty.

Hi! Kind of funny that I saw your post- we are from cleveland as well and have sailed on Majesty over 35 times...she's our favorite ship. We also had the Royal Fam Suite 1549 last May (2013). You should be able to look up my review here on the boards. What questions do you have?

I know that ship like the back of my hand :) I'm short on time now...but tomorrow I will give you more info about that cabin. You'll enjoy it!

What I can say is this, we have always enjoyed cruising on Her Majesty, as I call her. She is the oldest and smallest of the Royal fleet. She only has one 'specialty restaurant' and the dinner is called Taste of Tuscany -- it is a small venue, but very nice -- and done on the first and last evenings of the 4 day cruise -- reservations are required. It utilizes their Compass Deli, which is a casual dining area above the Windjammer during the day. When we have had dinner their, it was wonderful -- lots to eat and all you can drink during dinner -- along with a chef's presentation -- all about pasta and sauces.

Oldest for sure, but not the smallest. Legend, Splendour and Grandeur are all smaller. Granted, Grandeur is just slightly smaller. :)

Edited by tahqa

Oldest for sure, but not the smallest. Legend, Splendour and Grandeur are all smaller. Granted, Grandeur is just slightly smaller. :)

Her Majesty does carry a lot more passengers then those sister ships in the Vision class, but Her Majesty lacks some of the WOW her younger sisters have.

Thanks to everyone for their input/comments about the Majesty ship! I have looked at quite a bit of info/photos about the Majesty and itinerary for the 4 night cruise. I think I have a good idea of the overall ship itself, and the amenities, etc. I have looked here on Cruise Critic, the Royal Caribbean site, and talked with customer service.

I appreciated the photos and info from Stacy from her cruise in 2013 on the Majesty. Her family was in the Royal Family suite, #1549. I seemed to find differing info on the RC site, and from reps I spoke with. I am still looking to find more of an idea of the feel of the cabin space/size, whether it feels spacious for several people, or cramped. Also looking for clarification on the bed/sleeping options in this cabin. The layout photo shows a separate back bedroom, with two twins, and an upper Pullman. Then it shows a queen? bed in, what I would consider one end of the living area, with a curtain separating. Not quite a separate bedroom ( states that it is a two bedroom ). One bathroom is by the entrance, the other in the back bedroom.

Some places it states that it has a sofa bed, and some that there are two Pullman beds ( I know one is in the back bedroom ). A rep from Royal Caribbean placed this cabin as various occupancy, 6, 8... and said there could be a roll away bed placed in the cabin. We had to have 5 people to book this suite, and that we could add the 6th that we inquired about when we booked. We just added the 6th person to our reservation. I am just wondering how this suite is going to work for us, space wise. We are all adults/young adults. There will be my husband, myself, my two daughters, and now both boyfriends.

If anyone has additional information that would help clarify things with this suite, please let me know. Also wondered what concierge amenities we can actually expect on the Majesty with the suite cabin?

As I mentioned, I have only been on Disney cruises ( all on the Wonder ), but wouldn't think of comparing the two. All cruise lines, and ships themselves, have various pros and cons. I do like the smaller ships, and feel that the Majesty will suit us just fine!

Edited by Caitydid90

Thanks to everyone for their input/comments about the Majesty ship! I have looked at quite a bit of info/photos about the Majesty and itinerary for the 4 night cruise. I think I have a good idea of the overall ship itself, and the amenities, etc. I have looked here on Cruise Critic, the Royal Caribbean site, and talked with customer service.

I appreciated the photos and info from Stacy from her cruise in 2013 on the Majesty. Her family was in the Royal Family suite, #1549. I seemed to find differing info on the RC site, and from reps I spoke with. I am still looking to find more of an idea of the feel of the cabin space/size, whether it feels spacious for several people, or cramped. Also looking for clarification on the bed/sleeping options in this cabin. The layout photo shows a separate back bedroom, with two twins, and an upper Pullman. Then it shows a queen? bed in, what I would consider one end of the living area, with a curtain separating. Not quite a separate bedroom ( states that it is a two bedroom ). One bathroom is by the entrance, the other in the back bedroom.

Some places it states that it has a sofa bed, and some that there are two Pullman beds ( I know one is in the back bedroom ). A rep from Royal Caribbean placed this cabin as various occupancy, 6, 8... and said there could be a roll away bed placed in the cabin. We had to have 5 people to book this suite, and that we could add the 6th that we inquired about when we booked. We just added the 6th person to our reservation. I am just wondering how this suite is going to work for us, space wise. We are all adults/young adults. There will be my husband, myself, my two daughters, and now both boyfriends.

If anyone has additional information that would help clarify things with this suite, please let me know. Also wondered what concierge amenities we can actually expect on the Majesty with the suite cabin?

As I mentioned, I have only been on Disney cruises ( all on the Wonder ), but wouldn't think of comparing the two. All cruise lines, and ships themselves, have various pros and cons. I do like the smaller ships, and feel that the Majesty will suit us just fine!

Hi - sorry I didn't check back in yesterday. I will try to describe the suite as best I can.

The Suite basically runs behind the elevator banks of Deck 10. As soon as come up the stairs on the Port side (left side of the ship when facing forward), you go right and your cabin is right there. When you walk in, there is a long-ish entranceway that takes you into the suite (you will pass your bathroom on your right). Straight ahead is the balcony with a table, 2 chairs and also a lounge chair. Balcony is pretty big and really nice. Right inside the balcony is a small table with 2 chairs.

This leads you into a very small sitting area with a sofa and table. I do not know if the sofa pulled out into a bed, sorry. It was hard to sit on though, I remember that. The larger bed is right next to the sofa. There is also a TV here, a vanity and a small bar area (very small - just a built-in shelf basically).

Next is the additional bedroom, where I slept. I'm trying to remember how many beds...I'd say 3 - two twin beds and then a 3rd pullman. There was also a nice sized window in here which looked out onto the verandah. There is another bathroom with shower back here.

Does that help any? We really liked the cabin, though we were expecting it to be larger than it actually was. It's not very wide - just long, if that makes any sense. I wouldn't really call it spacious. There were 3 of us and it still got a tad cramped if I wasn't back in my bedroom. You will be a little cramped, but I think you'll be okay.

The major complaint I had in the cabin was that were absolutely no outlets back in the bedroom - none. Absolutely nowhere to plug anything in, so that was rough for me.

However, this past May we were onboard again, just in an oceanview, and we were begging for 1549 back! Ha!

There is a special Suite Menu that will be in the cabin that you can order from for dinners...they will bring it and set it up wherever you'd like in the cabin. That was really the only thing we used, ammenity wise. We've been on the ship a ton and are pretty low-maintenance.

I know there was a Concierge that came around, but we found him kind of useless....really didn't do anything. Maybe your experience will be different as this is your first time on the Majesty. We really weren't looking for anything from him.

If you have any more questions, I'd be glad to answer. Just let me know!

The upcoming short drydock for Her Majesty is not designed to make any big changes.....just TLC -- overall cosmetic items that need replacing/repairing such as carpeting, chairs, curtains, areas that need painting that can't be accomplished while she is sailing with passengers on board.

Whatever bigger changes are going to happen, will occur after she is moved to Pullmantr. She will probably be in drydock then for a few months, before her 'maiden' sailing under Pullmantr.