Ocean Blue on Breakaway - $130 meal

amwilgosh

We are sailing on the Breakaway in Dec and when I went to book the Ocean Blue the charge was $130, not the $39 listed. When I called NCL they said its a special chef's dinner as chef Geoffrey will be on board.

Should we go for it or try to get the 'chef's table' dinner instead?

Thoughts, opinions??

We are sailing on the Breakaway in Dec and when I went to book the Ocean Blue the charge was $130, not the $39 listed. When I called NCL they said its a special chef's dinner as chef Geoffrey will be on board.

Thoughts, opinions??

How can I...or anyone else...tell you what YOU should do?

I could tell you what I would do...but that doesn't mean that you should as well. The same could be said for anyone else.

You have to look at your budget, take into consideration what your likes and dislikes are, and select a choice that best meets YOUR needs.

Do what best suits YOU...after all, it is the building block for Freestyle Cruising.

Thoughts, opinions??

Hmmm I think I would go for it! :D

Still worth it for me:eek:

Yup!! me, too. I would LOVE to have Geoffrey Zakarian, or Emeril Lagasse, or Chef Gordon Ramsey - shoot! ANY of those TOP CHEFS!!! - cook my meal personally!! LOL!

Sadly, hubby does NOT share my enthusiasms... :(:(

I would be amazed if he really cooked your meal. He might supervise the cooking and I'm sure he will come around and take a photo op. But, as others have said, you could do the UDP with enough for a bottle of wine or so. Or, Chef's Table. We do it every cruise and I think much more "bang for the buck". Unlimited wine and all that food!!!

He was on the ship on our last cruise. We loved the question/answer session in the atrium, and his cooking demonstration in the theater. Both were followed by an opportunity to take a picture with him (and free).

Edited by mjkacmom

I am a huge fan and it has been my experience if you have an option to enjoy a meal prepared specifically by a master, it is not to be missed. If you can afford it, I would totally go for it! I don't think you would be sorry.

When we were on Breakaway last year, we went to Ocean Blue. I know that taste is a totally subjective thing and I am sure that many folks have found Ocean Blue to be a great experience. However, the reaction of everyone in our party to Ocean Blue was that it was incredibly over-priced for what we received. In fact, there was one dish a member of our party ordered that we all tried and agreed was so over-salted it was inedible. Almost sent it back but decided not to make a scene. Maybe the chef just had a bad night. Of course, only you can decide if it's worth the money. If you are a food channel aficionado, perhaps simply having the chance to speak with Chef Zakarian might make it worth the cost. And if he actually does the cooking, it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Nice money maker for the ship.

Maybe the will get buddy valastro to slice the cakes next

Simple... He could hop on on NYC and then hop off in Nassau and fly back

He doesn't even need to be on the ship the entire cruise. He would miss maybe what... 1 or 2 of the kids games at most! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMO it depends on how you wish to spend your entertainment dollars, which this is.

I am not a huge 'celebrity chef' fan for a variety of reasons but you may not think what I really like to do, is fun at all, so you would not spend a dime on it. Same thing here.

Go with your heart; would you regret not doing it later? Do you think this a great opportunity for you? If so, then do it; you will not regret going with what your heart wants. :D

Have fun; that is what it is really about!!! :)