Just booked a 10:30 AM flight FLL

markel201235

Alod if you are part of a frequent flyer prigram, you can sign up for TSA Pre Check. This expedites you at airport. Usually no kine, keep shoes, belt, erc on and laptop and liquids in bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Any recommendations for a shuttle service from Port Everglades to PBI airport? I could change the return flight from FLL to PBI to more favorable/safe time but need to weigh the costs.

Mark

PBI is my closest airport. Figure cost to be $80-90. For $100, I'll come and get you. :)

Edited by Pia1913

You cannot sign up for PreCheck per a FF program, that is selected by the airlines. Anyone can apply to it for an $85 fee, doesn't matter if you only fly once a year.

Once you go through the process you can then add your KTN to your booking. That said, its no guarantee, I have Global Sentry and still do not get pre-checked about 10-15 percent of the time.

Alod if you are part of a frequent flyer prigram, you can sign up for TSA Pre Check. This expedites you at airport. Usually no kine, keep shoes, belt, erc on and laptop and liquids in bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Please don't beat me up, rather give me an honest opinion of my chances (along with 6 others) of making it from Port Everglades after our cruise next month to FLL for this flight. (10:35 AM takeoff to be exact). It was a good bit cheaper and I would rather get a root canal then sit at the airport waiting for a later flight for many hours waiting to get home. It's a chance we are going to take.

Thanks, Mark

Not trying to 'beat you up'.. just don't understand the question. Since you've already made the decision, why would you want to know everyone else's opinion? I would just sooner go with my decision and not have to worry about what others have said... Ah geez - shudda taken a later flight etc. That's just going to make you worry for nothing. Do the best you can - walk off etc - and deal with it when it happens. No matter what happens it will be better than a 'root canal' !! :confused:

Not trying to 'beat you up'.. just don't understand the question. Since you've already made the decision, why would you want to know everyone else's opinion? I would just sooner go with my decision and not have to worry about what others have said... Ah geez - shudda taken a later flight etc. That's just going to make you worry for nothing. Do the best you can - walk off etc - and deal with it when it happens. No matter what happens it will be better than a 'root canal' !! :confused:

I have the "grace period" to cancel w/o penalty, by tomorrow. Just looking for positive/negative experiences with this kind of flight time.

I have the "grace period" to cancel w/o penalty, by tomorrow. Just looking for positive/negative experiences with this kind of flight time.

OK - now that makes sense. Good luck on your decision.

Personally - sitting around an airport is not nearly as painful as root canal... done them both! Get a book.

Hi OP. we did walk off in the first group on another cruiseline for our last two cruises out of Pt Everglades, and we made it to the airport by 7:59 am both years. Of course, we went down to stand in line 45 minutes before 7:15 so that we could be near the front of the line. It's amazing how many people can be in group one sometimes. We had at least 500 in our group, because I actually counted while my husband remained in line. So being down there early is

Critical so that YOu can be one of the first processed for immigration-customs.

Then we lined up in a nice orderly fashion to grab a cab, which happened quickly. We were THE only ship in port once, and one of two ships the second time. However, Sundays are madness in FLL , and there have been horror stories in December when there can be upwards of 7 ships disembarking, so if it were me, first thing I'd do is check how many ships will be in port with You, be becaus that can impact your experience adversely.

We arrived on. Monday morning when there was hardly anyone at the airport.

If we arrived on a Sunday, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable booking a flight before noon

Good luck to you

Edited by 4cats4me

We were on a Carnival ship last Jan. and parked at the pier in FLL. We wanted to grab a nice breakfast at Robert's Restaurant, which is a fabulous restaurant we love about 10 minutes from the port, and then drive up to Disney. We did self-disembark and were off the ship, in our car, and at the restaurant by 7:00 AM. I know you don't have your own car, but if you are on top of things and are ready to go when they give the OK, I don't think you will have much problem making it to the airport in time for your flight. There are just too many people who can't get it moving when they need to and prefer to have a leisurely last morning. It was shocking how fast we were through customs and walking to our car. Good luck!

Plan ahead!

Many airlines allow the purchase of priority or expedited "first class" security screening. Sometimes you can purchase an upgrade to first which also includes quick screening.

If you are concerned about a taxi, a limo could be waiting for you at the port.

Worst case scenario, you miss your early flight, and you wait in the airport for a bit.

Please don't beat me up, rather give me an honest opinion of my chances (along with 6 others) of making it from Port Everglades after our cruise next month to FLL for this flight. (10:35 AM takeoff to be exact). It was a good bit cheaper and I would rather get a root canal then sit at the airport waiting for a later flight for many hours waiting to get home. It's a chance we are going to take.

Thanks, Mark

Define 'good bit cheaper' as some of the suggestions here will most certainly add to the cost of your cheaper ticket...including 'book a hotel room..it's Dec and you won't make the flight' to 'have a limo waiting' and 'be first in line for the 715 walk off'....why? WHY? So you can end a lovely holiday cruise in a panic rush to get....home? :eek:

Just to be another point of view...try this on for size. Why not book the later flight, sleep in, go to the buffet and have a nice breakfast...and sit back and watch all the other lemmings rushing to get in line to stream off the ship, hoping to be first in line at security and immigration then first in line to get a cab then another mad dash at the airport to...as the last poster said do what? High Five each other? :rolleyes:

Especially ill advised IMHO when you are a large group. Slow down, smell the roses (and the bad Princess coffee) and for goodness sakes, enjoy your holiday right down to the very last drop.

Life is way too short to be in such a rush.

Edited by remydiva

This kind of reminds me of a previous Princess cruise with a stop in Cozumel. Was told that the ferry returned from Playa EVERY hour on the hour. Ship left at 6 PM. No worries (I thought). All 20 of us would take the 4 PM ferry, arrive at 4:45 then take the 15 minute walk back to the Caribbean P. (this was not a Princess excursion, we did it on our own) Turned out that there was NO 4 PM ferry. We had to take the 5 PM ferry (45 mins) then take the 15 min walk back to the ship. Absolutely no wiggle room. We had some older folks with us so we decided to send the fittest person to get back to the ship to tell them that there were 19 others on their way. Funny thing is, the following day was a sea day upon returning to Port Everglades. Last port of call. Princess was not going to delay leaving at all though. We were the last ones on the ship. Made it by a minute.

Mark

MEXICO ! :D LOL What made you think they have schedules in Mexico? :D

On our last TA we were delayed in getting off the Ruby and barely made our 12:30pm flight. If it hadn't been for the Princess employee in the terminal who was looking out for people like us, we would have missed the flight. He pulled us and another couple out of the line once we told him our flight time and got us to the head of the line. We were lucky that when we got to FLL, there was no huge line for security.

The next time flying out of FLL, we had a flight at 7pm and managed to snag a day room at the Quality Inn near the airport. We had a great lunch at a nearby restaurant and spent the afternoon lounging around. It was a lot better than stressing out in the terminal.

MEXICO ! :D LOL What made you think they have schedules in Mexico? :D

Yeah. Not sure what I was thinking there !!

Seriously though. I specifically asked, and was told, that the ferry ran every hour on the hour. We had a few "paranoids" with us (including my own Mother) and when they found out that there was no 4PM ferry, the stress level went through the roof. It was funny. There were two seperate groups within our big group. There were those who sat biting their nails waiting for the 5 PM ferry. Then there were those (myself included) who didn't give a crap and went right next door to Senor Frogs to partake in several cocktails ! Certainly made for an interesting hour and a half.

Mark

I was on the Silhouette in March and I had a 9:45am flight from FLL. I did the express walk off as soon as they started allowing people off the boat. I made it though customs with no issues and was at the gate in the airport 45 minutes after leaving my stateroom (with plenty of time to spare). I understand things don't always work out like that but I think there is a chance.

Especially ill advised IMHO when you are a large group.
I definitely agree with this point. If the early flight were really a lot cheaper, I might risk it for myself, but I'd hesitate to make that call for 6 other people, and then have to count on all of them to be ready to get moving extra early on disembarkation day. The more people in the group, the more potential sources of unexpected delays… And while an airline might be able to make accommodations for one or two passengers who miss their flight, a group of 7 is a lot harder, and potentially a lot more expensive.

Chance are very good that you will be fine. We've made a 10:30 flight with no problem at all.

But, anything can happen, so be prepared with a back-up plan if some hiccup occurs, like the ship getting in late, not clearing customs, immigration delays, etc.

OP - I'm from the area and am very familiar with this port/airport. In fact, I fly 48 weeks out of the year!

FLL is one of my fave airports. Small, quicker than most and less required time to check in luggage (45 minutes prior to flight).

With that said, it is a preferred airport during holidays - so, long weekends and holidays are busier. And yes, more ships at Port, lesser chance at transport.

But, here's what you do. Prearrange pick up with a PRIVATE limo/van service company (about same price) and so worth it. I can recommend a company for you. Walk off with luggage, and they will be waiting for you to take you the 10 MINUTES away you'll be from airport. That's how close it is.

Is it a chance - sure. But, more like an 80/20 that you WILL make it!

Mark: Two weeks ago we had a 10:45 a.m. flight out of FLL after disembarking the Caribbean Princess (which was sold out). There were two additional ships in port that morning. Some of the Caribbean Princess passengers were staying on for back-to-back, however.

As soon as the disembarkation paperwork arrived in our cabin, I completed it requesting 7:15 a.m. walk-off and took the sheet to the customer services counter (within 30 minutes of receipt).

We were granted the 7:15 walk-off and were second to get a taxi. We were at the airport and through security by 8:30 a.m. leaving plenty of time before the flight.

As long as the ship is on time and you are well prepared that morning to disembark quickly, you should be fine. We just decided to give it a try and not worry if we had to make a change. Everything was very smooth.

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise and return home.

I have the same issue as the OP on an upcoming CB cruise. How early should I plan on arriving at the assigned lounge for disembarkation? Is there a better place to position myself in order to be one of the first of the group off the ship?

Thanks you in advance for the advice.

There is the possibility that your airline will change your flight to a different time.

My original US Airways flight was departing at 11:20AM, that was cancelled and automatically rebooked with a 12:58PM departure.

I have the same issue as the OP on an upcoming CB cruise. How early should I plan on arriving at the assigned lounge for disembarkation? Is there a better place to position myself in order to be one of the first of the group off the ship?

Thanks you in advance for the advice.

Do NOT do that. You have to do the self disembarkation.... just request the self-disembarkation at the purser's desk, then be ready to disembark with your luggage as soon as it's allowed. Just remember that you'll have no help with your luggage.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Do NOT do that. You have to do the self disembarkation.... just request the self-disembarkation at the purser's desk, then be ready to disembark with your luggage as soon as it's allowed. Just remember that you'll have no help with your luggage.

Got it, I do know that I will need to do the self-disembark and I can manage my luggage without issue, but I presumed there was an assigned meeting place. I've seen in the past where folks crowd the halls (with their luggage) near the exit. Does this still happen?