Notifying Princess of 2 couples traveling together

Raymok

My DW and another couple are traveling on Caribbean Princess in January. Has anyone had the experience of booking on-line, (guaranteed cabins) and then asking the cruise line to try and get both couples on same deck. I realize with the Guarantee's that we could be anywhere on the ship, but I would like to notify Princess in some way and hope for the best..

Any suggestions......:confused:

Generally, if you have book through an agency, on-line or otherwise, the folks at Princess won't touch your booking. We had major problems with our booking, and Princess refused to help me, indicating that they would only talk to our travel agent (it was a problem with them having taken too many deposits...three for two people).

If you want your cabins together - you should pick a specific cabin (and request no upgrades). That is the only way to assure that you would be near each other.

If you don't want to do that - you can have the agent "link the bookings together". There is maybe a small chance you could be near each other but I personally wouldn't chance it.

You can contact your online TA and give them both booking numbers, and tell them to link the bookings at Princess. TA must be the one to do this, you cannot call Princess yourselves. It might help (be easier) if you both used the same TA, but not absolutely necessary. Not guaranteed to work, but better chances than if you did nothing.

I booked 2 cabins on a Oct sailing on the Carib. Princess- Guaranteed. Last I looked Princess gave us cabins right next door to each other. I didn't ask for it because this was the first time I did "Guaranteed" and I thought it would make things more confusing. So, I sat back and hoped for the best. Now, I don't know if any of that will change between now and sailing. As always, you really don't know what cabin you will end up with until check in. There was a time I booked an inside cabin on the Crown and when my husband and I checked in, they told us we had an eleven cat. upgrade!!! SWEET!!!!!

So, in short... my advice is to go to the Princess site and punch in your booking #'s and see if they gave you rooms close to each other. Ours has been posted for about 2 months now... and we sail in Oct.

we booked with several couples, specific rooms at one time, on-line TA. Then, my in-laws booked with same on-line TA, but a guarantee room (same category as ours). She (the TA) linked our bookings, and my in-laws were with us for dinner, but their cabin was at the opposite end of the same deck we were on.

WE used the phone messaging system to let them know if we were going to an activity, "hung out" in the same section of the ship away from the main pool, and all met up in our room if we were going ashore together.

We will be on a cruise with the kids on 2/18/06 and we booked 2 rooms for 4 people and asked that they be side by side and I didn't have a problem at all getting the rooms where I wanted them. I did book directly through the cruise line and I am still elligable for discounts should one come up between now and when I have to make final payment. I have always booked our cruises through the cruise line directly and picked out my cabins and feel that I have always gotten a good deal in the end.

we booked with several couples, specific rooms at one time, on-line TA. Then, my in-laws booked with same on-line TA, but a guarantee room (same category as ours). She (the TA) linked our bookings, and my in-laws were with us for dinner, but their cabin was at the opposite end of the same deck we were on.

WE used the phone messaging system to let them know if we were going to an activity, "hung out" in the same section of the ship away from the main pool, and all met up in our room if we were going ashore together.

Can you retrieve your messages from the phone messaging system when you're not in your room? Call in and get your messages?

Thanks

If the bookings are made together or are linked, Princess will try to put you near each other if you have GTY cabins. In fact, when we went last summer on the Sapphire, our cabin was assigned right away, and sister's cabin was assigned two days before sailing--right next door to ours.

When we booked with our inlaws, our reservations were *linked* by the TA - Princess upgraded them - across and downship from us! It was a pain. With the cruise we're planning now, we're trying to stay somewhat in the same vicinity as our fellow cruisers!

Archived