Regal Princess FLL arrival & pre-christening schedule?

dmwnc1959

Ahoy ! What a beautiful ship she is !!!! Been watching her trek across the Atlantic to FTL. I am so excited to be on her in February and can't wait to see all the fabulous pictures you all post between now and then !!

Hope everyone has safe & fun travels

Edited by wnt2loveuforever

Thanks Dave. Good to have you back! We'll be on the Regal in a mid ship mini in less than two weeks. Can't wait--will try to post some pictures. Looking forward to trying out the new aft pool.

Susan

Hi Susan,

THANKS! And enjoy that mini-suite, they looked very nice on the Cabin Crawl we did last year. Raise a toast to all of us landlubbers while you're having fun out there! ;)

Thanks for the photos Dave...can't wait to board her on Thursday :D

Hi Terri,

Bon Voyage! Sounds like it's going to be a really exciting and wonderful (albeit short) cruise. But that's much better than sitting in this cold weather up here! Take lots of pictures, and if your able post some when you return. :D

So excited to see her in Ft Lauderdale. We will be on her in less than 3 weeks. Can't wait! :D

Go ahead, Daisyloo, rub it in! ;) Have a great time, and don't forget to try one of those Chili Lime Crab Maragarita's at the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar.

:D

Thanks for the awesome pics of the Regal Princess. I will be boarding that gorgeous ship tomorrow for the 2 day Naming Celebration festivities! Can't wait to step aboard !

Ft. Lauderdale---look out--we're on our way !!!!

Hi Susan,

Go ahead, Daisyloo, rub it in! ;) Have a great time, and don't forget to try one of those Chili Lime Crab Maragarita's at the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar.

Sorry!! Lol That sounds delicious! I will have one for you. :)

Thanks for the awesome pics of the Regal Princess. I will be boarding that gorgeous ship tomorrow for the 2 day Naming Celebration festivities! Can't wait to step aboard !

Hope you'll come back and give details about what the festivities entailed! Sounds like it's going to be one big PARTY!!!

She's beautiful! :)

Can't wait to check her out on our BVE in a couple of weeks. And, our New Year's cruise on her!

I would LOVE to do a New Years's Cruise on the Royal-class ships. I can imagine the balloon-drop is going to be crazy in that bigger atrium!

And Thanks also for the newspaper link.

;)

Will this be sailing out to nowhere or staying at terminal?

Hi Dave!

So nice to see you posting!

So apropos that you bring us the first shots of the beautiful Regal as she arrives in Florida! :)

DH and I are very excited to come aboard on Thursday! :D

We'll raise a glass of sangria to you as we hopefully have our embarkation lunch at Alfredo's!

Hope all is well with you and that you'll be back to cruising soon!

Take good care!

Lucille

Are there any plans to live stream the naming ceremony like they did with Princess Kate and the Royal? I haven't seen any notices of this anywhere. I guess the first born always gets everything.

I believe that Jan Swartz said there wasn't going to be a live feed, but rather would be viewable after the fact on the Princess website and YouTube.:(

I think that's what I'm also shooting for on my next Royal-class cruise; a mid-ship port side location, and a mini-suite with one of those larger angled balconies.

Yep the angled mini-suite balconies are the ones to get as you know I know!

Hi Dave!

So nice to see you posting!

So apropos that you bring us the first shots of the beautiful Regal as she arrives in Florida! :)

DH and I are very excited to come aboard on Thursday! :D

We'll raise a glass of sangria to you as we hopefully have our embarkation lunch at Alfredo's!

Hope all is well with you and that you'll be back to cruising soon!

Take good care!

Lucille

Hi Lucille,

Alfredo's also has a wonderfully light Summer Sangria that I highly recommend. Definitely worth a try with one of their nice antipasto dishes and tasty pizza.

Enjoy Regal Princess! Wish I could have joined you aboard!

Yep the angled mini-suite balconies are the ones to get as you know I know!

Yes, indeed I do remember! I followed you and Scott last year on the Royal Princess inaugural out of Fort Lauderdale and got some tasty ideas like the Brownie Blast Sundae with Nutella ice cream at Gelato's! YUM!!'

Will this be sailing out to nowhere or staying at terminal?

From information that one of the media people I know who will be attending:

Regal will be staying at the terminal on Tues & Wed.

The dress code for Wed is "Love Boat Nautical" - I find that very amusing!

Naming ceremony is at 5:30pm EST in the Fountain Pool area.

Love Boat Disco Deck Party & fireworks show starts at 10:30pm EST - I would think the fireworks would be visible on the port webcams?

Yes, indeed I do remember! I followed you and Scott last year on the Royal Princess inaugural out of Fort Lauderdale and got some tasty ideas like the Brownie Blast Sundae with Nutella ice cream at Gelato's! YUM!!'

Nice to see you back on the boards!

I'm having a ton of flashbacks to last year on Royal right now! I so wish I could be down there this year for Regal's festivities, but all of my vacation days were accounted for - mostly with our recent Canada/NE cruise on Ruby. Ruby was nice but I really missed some of the new features (AND FOOD!) on Royal, plus just the niceness of being on a bright & shiny new ship. So, I think our next Princess cruise will need to be on Regal or the 3rd sister by that time.

Nice to see you back on the boards!

I'm having a ton of flashbacks to last year on Royal right now! I so wish I could be down there this year for Regal's festivities, but all of my vacation days were accounted for - mostly with our recent Canada/NE cruise on Ruby. Ruby was nice but I really missed some of the new features (AND FOOD!) on Royal, plus just the niceness of being on a bright & shiny new ship. So, I think our next Princess cruise will need to be on Regal or the 3rd sister by that time.

Yes, Kristen, I'm having those same flashbacks: all those LIVE threads and pictures from those who sailed the inaugural Med cruises and the Caribbean sailings leading up to my time on Royal Princess.

I've 'sold back' to my employer 150-hours of PTO that I can't use or take. Sure, it's money in the bank, but I'd much rather be on Regal Princess for two weeks this December sailing around the Caribbean and gaining a few pounds. ;)

It's been just over a year and five months - since May 31, 2013- when Royal Princess and Regal Princess were last seen together in the same port. That occasion was at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy, when Royal Princess departed for the final time heading towards Southampton for her pre-inaugural cruises and naming ceremony.

Regal Princess (right) undergoing outfitting

15707629545_1afde3d033_z.jpg

Although Regal Princess won't be departing the dock, I wonder if they'll salute each other as Royal Princess departs out later today for her first 10-night Caribbean sailing? That would be very nice indeed if they did.

They'll be together again soon enough: January 18th, 2015. And that'll be a wonderful opportunity for Princess Cruises to get some aerial shots just off the coast as the two sister-ships sail briefly in tandem before departing for their respective journeys.

Hi Dave,

Welcome back! Love the photos. We will be sailing on the Regal on Jan. 11 and on the day we disembark, Jan. 18, the Royal will also be in port so what a sight! Sounds like we will be the one at Berth 2. Note to self: pack light so we can do express walk off with all of those folks disembarking!

Carole

Hi Dave, just getting caught up, I've been behind on my updates on the Regal Princess. Thanks for all the webcam screen shots. Hope you're well.:)

Hi Benny,

You're welcome! And yes, I'm doing as well as can be expected. All these screen shots make me want to book another cruise! :(;) Can't wait for the 2017/2018 schedule to come out, which I'm sure is in about a million years (at least it feels like it).

Here's another screen shot courtesy of http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

Royal Princess (left, center) and Regal Princess (right @ Terminal 2)

15685048766_692c6fec6f_b.jpg

Hi Dave,

Welcome back! Love the photos. We will be sailing on the Regal on Jan. 11 and on the day we disembark, Jan. 18, the Royal will also be in port so what a sight! Sounds like we will be the one at Berth 2. Note to self: pack light so we can do express walk off with all of those folks disembarking!

Carole

Hi Carole,

Lots of familiar 'faces' popping up on this thread, and it's really nice to hear from everyone again! :D

I'm not sure what time in the morning they'll both be pulling in on the 18th, and I'm sure it'll be well before daylight, but it would make for some neat pictures if you can get them from up on Deck 19 amidships looking across the pool decks towards Royal Princess once they're both moored. Chances are they'll both be at the exact same terminals on that day. You should be able to get a couple before you have to be in your assigned area for self-disembarkation.

Edited by dmwnc1959