Allure High Speed Internet Pricing Nov 2014

thrifty99

Boarded the Allure today and it appears they have the new high speed internet running as there are new pricing tiers: Basic, Premium, and Premium Plus.

I signed up for the Premium package and has been pretty fast. So far it seems a little quicker than what I had back on the Allure in March.

I attached a photo of the plan descriptions and pricing.

image.jpg.3b26dc588bcbec6793ff4c50520a9fc8.jpg

Boarded the Allure today and it appears they have the new high speed internet running as there are new pricing tiers: Basic, Premium, and Premium Plus.

I signed up for the Premium package and has been pretty fast. So far it seems a little quicker than what I had back on the Allure in March.

I attached a photo of the plan descriptions and pricing.

Thanks. Interesting info

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I asked that question at Guest Services and they did not know what O3b was.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm shocked they wouldn't know. :eek: Sorry but I couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

I have a question about the number of devices ... if I want to login using my phone sometimes and my iPad other times, but only one device at a time, can I get the one device plan? Or do I have to get the two device plan? I'm thinking the two device plan is if you need to have both devices logged in at the same time ... but perhaps not ... thanks!

I have a question about the number of devices ... if I want to login using my phone sometimes and my iPad other times, but only one device at a time, can I get the one device plan? Or do I have to get the two device plan? I'm thinking the two device plan is if you need to have both devices logged in at the same time ... but perhaps not ... thanks!

You can use the one device plan if you are using only one device at a time.

Yes, one device at a time but it is easy to switch devices. Just login with the new device and it logs you out of the prior device.

I tried doing a FaceTime video chat with my son back home - worked perfectly with no drop-outs during the 15 minute video chat. This was on the middle plan - $160 per week. I used the 15% Emerald member discount so it was $136 for the 7-day cruise.

I would not be surprised to see the middle priced package go up in price. Only $10 more than the basic plan for one device does not seem enough of a difference. And then there is a big jump to the highest plan.

I wanted to share another tip. I have the one device at a time plan but am able to use it on multiple devices by doing the following (note: this works for a Mac, not sure about a PC):

1 - sign into the wifi ship Internet on my MacBook Air

2- in the system Preferences - Sharing - Internet Sharing, turn this on using Bluetooth.

3 - turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad and connect to the Mac computer

You will now be able to use the Internet connection on the Mac with other devices. We are using the MacBook and 2 iPads at the same time right now.

This obviously only works when your Mac is near your other devices. But when in the stateroom it is a great way to share the connection.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wanted to share another tip. I have the one device at a time plan but am able to use it on multiple devices by doing the following (note: this works for a Mac, not sure about a PC):

1 - sign into the wifi ship Internet on my MacBook Air

2- in the system Preferences - Sharing - Internet Sharing, turn this on using Bluetooth.

3 - turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad and connect to the Mac computer

You will now be able to use the Internet connection on the Mac with other devices. We are using the MacBook and 2 iPads at the same time right now.

This obviously only works when your Mac is near your other devices. But when in the stateroom it is a great way to share the connection.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cool - a mini (bluetooth) network in your cabin. :)

Glad to hear this is up and running...I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival for some time. We're hoping to enjoy it next year on Allure.