Port of Melbourne Webcams

I just had a look at the Port of Melbourne webcams and was interested to see Pacific Jewel and Pacific Pearl backed up to each other , full of eager punters I am sure. I thought some may be interested to have a look and control the cameras for 2 minutes at a time , enjoy , cheers, Buzz.

I just had a look at the Port of Melbourne webcams and was interested to see Pacific Jewel and Pacific Pearl backed up to each other , full of eager punters I am sure. I thought some may be interested to have a look and control the cameras for 2 minutes at a time , enjoy , cheers, Buzz.

Cheers. hope you backed a winner.:D

P&O Pearl & Jewl arrived today (Monday) & depart Wednesday; Carnival Spirit arrives tomorrow & departs Thursday; and Celebrity Solstice arrives & departs Thursday.

On the Melbourne news tonight they said that the 3 ships in town for the cup will deliver 6000 passengers and use 130 buses to move them to the Cup.

I'm not sure that the numbers are accurate - a bit of hyperbole I think, because late last week there were plenty of of cabins still available on all of them.

P&O Pearl & Jewl arrived today (Monday) & depart Wednesday; Carnival Spirit arrives tomorrow & departs Thursday; and Celebrity Solstice arrives & departs Thursday.

On the Melbourne news tonight they said that the 3 ships in town for the cup will deliver 6000 passengers and use 130 buses to move them to the Cup.

I'm not sure that the numbers are accurate - a bit of hyperbole I think, because late last week there were plenty of of cabins still available on all of them.

A bit of rounding on the pax numbers, I suppose. Either way it is a boon for the Race industry and the bookmakers.:D

Thanks for posting, going to be a big day for a lot of people. :rolleyes:

Does it get much attention in NZ or is it only when you have a winning horse?

Its only the TAB's biggest day of the year.I had to wait about 10 minutes in line to place a bet today.

Its only the TAB's biggest day of the year.I had to wait about 10 minutes in line to place a bet today.

So it may be the race that stops 2 nations then.:rolleyes:

I have noticed that there are only 2 aussie horses running, the rest are internationals mainly NZ or Ireland. Hope people gamble responsibly, I wouldn't want anyone to miss a cruise due to a bad bet.:D

So it may be the race that stops 2 nations then.:rolleyes:

I have noticed that there are only 2 aussie horses running, the rest are internationals mainly NZ or Ireland. Hope people gamble responsibly, I wouldn't want anyone to miss a cruise due to a bad bet.:D

But imagine if you hit the $25 mil on that pick the 1st 10 in order. How many cruises could you have then.

The 6,000 is probably based on capacity.

But imagine if you hit the $25 mil on that pick the 1st 10 in order. How many cruises could you have then.

Were their 24 horses running? If so the odds of picking the first 10 in order are 7,117,005,772,800 to 1. Gamble responsibly indeed - Tom Waterhouse was the only winner from that bet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were their 24 horses running? If so the odds of picking the first 10 in order are 7,117,005,772,800 to 1. Gamble responsibly indeed - Tom Waterhouse was the only winner from that bet!

Pretty good odds aren't they?:D

Only 22 horses as 2 were scratched well before the race. Yes, the big winners are the bookies.:D

Thank you for all your screen shots. It would be nice to be able to have so many ships at once next to each other in Sydney. Cheers to all , Buzz.

Yeah, agreed. Although next year (25 November 2015) all 5 P&O ships will be in the harbour and will have some sort of parade/ celebration, welcoming the Pacific Aria and the Pacific Eden to the fleet. We will be aboard the Aria for it's inaugural sailing.:D