Johnny Rockets adapted for Quantum

MADflyer

Also, part of the charm of JR on the other ships is being served, having the waiters dance, everyone saying "HELLO" and "GOODBYE" upon entering and leaving the restaurant. I know that some may think that trivial but it is what we liked about going there, along with the food, of course.

So you can pay $2.50 for a hot dog or go to the sea plex and get one for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, I don't see the point now that it is no longer sit down service. There's probably some operational reason RCI had to make the change to counter service on Quantum, but I highly doubt this altered concept will be successful.

Will a 15% gratuity be mandatory since it is now counter service and not table service? I won't pay a gratuity for McDonald's style service.

I'd pay it in a heartbeat. Only good fries on the ship. Plus no wait. Grab and go.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I'd pay it in a heartbeat. Only good fries on the ship. Plus no wait. Grab and go.

C'mon, best fries are those thick steak fries you get in MDR with the sliders!

There will be a wait if everything is made fresh to order, which is fine with me. Made to order food is fresh and should take a few minutes.

Just being honest here but this menu isn't very distinctive from the pool side grill on Princess, Guy's on Carnival (which people rave about) or the Dive In on HAL; it may not even have as many options as Carnival and HAL; all of those lines include this type of food in their fares. Once in a while I want JR's, so we go and sit and pay for it, understanding there is a gratuity for the service. If they just hand me a burger across the bar...that's not service. In fact I think it would be the first time Royal charges a gratuity for counter service foods (or do they already for Ben and Jerrys?)

Seems like I'm in the minority here but I kind of like this idea! The idea that we can grab something 'to go' and transport and eat it easily somewhere else is kind of cool. As others have said it's a good 'fries' option also.

Bummer about breakfast though...

There will be a wait if everything is made fresh to order, which is fine with me. Made to order food is fresh and should take a few minutes.

Just being honest here but this menu isn't very distinctive from the pool side grill on Princess, Guy's on Carnival (which people rave about) or the Dive In on HAL; it may not even have as many options as Carnival and HAL; all of those lines include this type of food in their fares. Once in a while I want JR's, so we go and sit and pay for it, understanding there is a gratuity for the service. If they just hand me a burger across the bar...that's not service. In fact I think it would be the first time Royal charges a gratuity for counter service foods (or do they already for Ben and Jerrys?)

Don't discount the ice cream scooper. He works just as hard as the bartender that pops a top on my bud lite. We give him a buck for our three free drinks in diamond coupons. :beer:

Forgot about fries comment. Steak fries can be good, but it takes an hour investment and a change of clothes to get them. ;)

I'm pretty disappointed with this change as we enjoy the singing and dancing and the ketchup smiley faces even though I don't use it. If they didn't have my favorite Route 66 I probably wouldn't even bother. But on the bright side I'll get my Route 66 and then head over to the Windjammer to get the fries there that I LOVE.

I'm pretty disappointed with this change as we enjoy the singing and dancing and the ketchup smiley faces even though I don't use it. If they didn't have my favorite Route 66 I probably wouldn't even bother. But on the bright side I'll get my Route 66 and then head over to the Windjammer to get the fries there that I LOVE.

Are cold, soggy fries the norm in the Northeast. :confused:

If so, you'll love the Windjammer on Freedom.

Sorry, but I've never had hot,fresh fries in the Windjammer.

Edited by John&LaLa

Seems like I'm in the minority here but I kind of like this idea! The idea that we can grab something 'to go' and transport and eat it easily somewhere else is kind of cool. As others have said it's a good 'fries' option also.

Bummer about breakfast though...

you could always "grab and go"...we did this many times...when we were in a hurry or just wanted to eat on the balcony or some other place...they would package it accordingly.....but sometimes we just wanted to eat it there to get the "service"...sigh...alas it's not an option on Lady Q and soon may not be an option on any RCCL ship.....

you could always "grab and go"...we did this many times...when we were in a hurry or just wanted to eat on the balcony or some other place...they would package it accordingly.....but sometimes we just wanted to eat it there to get the "service"...sigh...alas it's not an option on Lady Q and soon may not be an option on any RCCL ship.....

Yes, but now you can grab and go on the fries or rings for two bucks. :D

Disappointed with the change. It's now lost all its charm. Looking like a 50's diner, singing waiters, smilely ketchup faces etc made it an nice lunctime experience. Why would I go there now and pay? Will just grab something in the wind jammer or other place.

Disappointed with the change. It's now lost all its charm. Looking like a 50's diner, singing waiters, smilely ketchup faces etc made it an nice lunctime experience. Why would I go there now and pay? Will just grab something in the wind jammer or other place.

Good point....something maybe others will look at from your point of view.

Are cold, soggy fries the norm in the Northeast. :confused:

If so, you'll love the Windjammer on Freedom.

Sorry, but I've never had hot,fresh fries in the Windjammer.

Actually the fries on the Adventure were fantastic - hot and very tasty. Hoping the same will be found on the Quantum next year.

Actually the fries on the Adventure were fantastic - hot and very tasty. Hoping the same will be found on the Quantum next year.

Had fries in windjammer yesterday, and rated them better than Johnny rocketts, they were fresh and hot, (note - skinny fries not thicker fries like rocketts).

Also, had a great minute steak in windjammer yesterday, v.good quality for windjammer.

• 2 weeks later...
I see they have also done away with their tuna sandwich and veggie burger. For those of us who don't eat meat (except for fish), this is very disappointing :(

Exactly what I noticed. I'm a vegetarian and I loved the Johnny Rockets experience knowing that I could have a burger and fries along with my travelling companions. I loved JR on the Indy, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

:(