Avalon (Vista) a/v question

Hoyaheel

Got a question from my stepdad last night re: what is available in the cabins. We'll be on Avalon Vista in December.

I want ask about your experience for the Audio-Visual amenities on cruise ships. I read in the Avalon Brochure that there is wireless WiFi access (including internet I hope), and a SAT TV flat screen in our rooms with some movie channels. I wonder if the provided TV will be somewhat modern and have a USB port so I can plug into and easily access the that I have on the USB drive.

I reported back on wifi based on reports here (boats have it, can be limited in locks and/or location on the boat and depending on how many people are trying to access it at once ;)) Any info on the tvs? Thanks!

The TV has news channels and movie channels and several others. One neat channel shows the front of the ship. I watch the news channels and once in a while the movie channels but I'm usually out of the room. Wifi is great.

Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Was on Vista in July, good wifi depends on which river and which town, but overall could connect every day. Did not look at TV for usb connection, suggest you send request to Avalon directly or phone them in USA, I have found them to be very helpful on any requests for info

Was on Vista in July, good wifi depends on which river and which town, but overall could connect every day. Did not look at TV for usb connection, suggest you send request to Avalon directly or phone them in USA, I have found them to be very helpful on any requests for info

Were the TVs flatscreen? If so there's a much better likelihood of a USB port than if the older CRT type.

Were the TVs flatscreen?

As I posted in my original thread starter, the Avalon description says yes to the flatscreen, which is why stepdad is hopeful. Was just wondering if someone knew for sure. He'll survive without it but would be nice to know in advance so he or my husband could bring appropriate dongle as required. He's been living overseas so I'm not sure how much access he has to various internet sites or being able to call Avalon with questions like this....

I think he may find service is not going to be good enough to do anything with pictures. Other posters have commented that connections are barely good enough for checking e-mail and posting on CC...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think he may find service is not going to be good enough to do anything with pictures. Other posters have commented that connections are barely good enough for checking e-mail and posting on CC...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, let me clarify again.

1) He wanted to make sure he has internet (wifi) to check email.

2) He wants a USB connnection to a tv so that he can edit his photos via his laptop - both he and my husband are avid photographers and it's much easier to edit when you have a large monitor/screen vs a tiny laptop. He is not planning to upload photos using the internet.

3) Having a USB connection to the tv would also allow him to watch movies on the tv from his laptop, though I've already warned him he might not have time for that:p