what a mess!!!

flahagan

If you do leave the terminal (with items) you'll have to fill out a declaration card (I was told) in addition to the one when you finally disembark the ship.

Problem with this is that you are only allowed to claim your duty-free exemption once every 31 days.

On the other hand, the chance that customs will figure out you claimed it more than once is miniscule.

Problem with this is that you are only allowed to claim your duty-free exemption once every 31 days.

On the other hand, the chance that customs will figure out you claimed it more than once is miniscule.

Oh, I don't have any problem with them checking my past declaration card for the previous B2B trip. I questioned them last cruise when I left the ship to go shopping & was told I had to fill one out for each disembarkation IF I had items I was taking ashore. I only want to remove a load of heavy (liquor) and bulky items (both purchased new & dirty laundry) to store in my car so my last disembarkation would be lighter. I can't imagine how they plan to keep total of my purchases unless when they scan my passport a red flag comes up to them to check.

On the regal TA and it we didn't get off till after 1200. Due to immigration. Not much can be done about this nothing to do with princess

Terry

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

TAs are usually bad for immigration since they have to clear the crew as well as the passengers.

Its not the kind of cruise you should take a chance with booking an early flight home with. Our last TA, we were delayed and almost ended up missing our 12:30 flight home. If it hadn't been for the Princess agent in the terminal who was looking out for people like us, we would have missed the flight.

Edited by FawnRiver
more info

Since your cruise was continuing, there was no reason to go through customs on turnaround day.

Only immigration is required.

We didn't go thru immigration either - we just circled the luggage area, waited a few minutes more, and then reboarded. They had us complete customs forms in advance too. I agree it makes no sense.

Edited by capriccio

Two doors on Terminal 2. The right hand door is Platinum/Elite and they usually have two lanes going in the doors with a dock agent telling you which line to get in. Not sure this will help much if the line is 1/3 mile long, though.

The Ruby was at pier 21 for yesterday's fiasco as is the Royal today. The Regal has been sitting at Terminal 2 for a couple of days now.

Any advice on preferred embarkation at pier 21?

Edited by beg3yrs

Have been standing in line over an hour outside Port Everglades waiting to board the Ruby. The line is now probably 1/3 of a mile long. We heard they had trouble getting everyone off the ship.

that would be me They only had 3 customs agents clearing everybody off

we were late getting off by over an hour it wasn,t a princess problem

that would be me They only had 3 customs agents clearing everybody off

we were late getting off by over an hour it wasn't a princess problem

At the Port of Houston earlier this year, we had 8 customs agents processing the passengers.