First time in Ft. Lauderdale - help!

TeachKinde

We'll be leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale for a Panama Canal cruise in April. I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale. We'll arrive 2 days before our cruise departure. What (besides the beach) is a must do?

Flying in from Seattle so wanted to put a little cushion at the beginning of our trip.

Any tips are much appreciated!

Edited by TeachKinde

Get a ticket on the water taxi! 22.00 a day I believe for a day pass, you can get on and off and ride all day. I could spend a full day, and not see all I want to see. Hoping to do this in a few weeks. Las Olas blvd looks very interesting.

The water taxi has a website to check out where it goes. I love Fort Lauderdale.

The water taxi is something you don't want to miss!! See movie star homes, BIG yachts, get on and off at various places including the Galleria mall, where the rich and famous park Jags and Rolls outside. You won't find anything like this anyplace else!!

have fun!

We enjoyed the River Front Cruise (you can park for $5 with your validated ticket). Afterward we visited the Ft. Lauderdale Historical Museum http://www.fortlauderdalehistoricalsociety.org/ and then walked to the Stranahan House http://www.stranahanhouse.org/ via the river walk and returned to the car via Las Olas Blvd.

Edited by Traveling Library