Princess@ sea Messenger??

CanICruiseSoon

Called Princess customer Service, was told it would be available once we board the Regal on the 6th

To get the app while on the ship, you will need to purchase Internet minutes.

That is why it is supposed to be available before the cruise at no cost.

To get the app while on the ship, you will need to purchase Internet minutes.

That is why it is supposed to be available before the cruise at no cost.

I don't believe so, because the app uses the "intranet" and not the "internet", but, I might be mistaken..... I will find out tomorrow and I'll be sure to post what I find out :)

I don't believe so, because the app uses the "intranet" and not the "internet", but, I might be mistaken..... I will find out tomorrow and I'll be sure to post what I find out :)

For Princessa@sea (shipboard account and Patter access) you do not need an app. For Princess@sea Messenger (texting) there is an app. The app is free if downloaded prior to boarding. If downloaded on the ship, you will need internet minutes. You can either purchase an internet package or use your free internet minutes if you are platinum or elite, but you will need internet minutes to download the app on the ship.

Please note that the Princess@sea Messenger app is not absolutely necessary. You will still be able to text while on the ship even without the app. However, without the app you will not get visual notifications on the home screen or audible notifications of texts.

For Princessa@sea (shipboard account and Patter access) you do not need an app. For Princess@sea Messenger (texting) there is an app. The app is free if downloaded prior to boarding. If downloaded on the ship, you will need internet minutes. You can either purchase an internet package or use your free internet minutes if you are platinum or elite, but you will need internet minutes to download the app on the ship.

Please note that the Princess@sea Messenger app is not absolutely necessary. You will still be able to text while on the ship even without the app. However, without the app you will not get visual notifications on the home screen or audible notifications of texts.

Just checked again and the app is still not available from the Apple Store :(

Just what we need, everybody hearing other people's audible notifications of texts all over the ship.

what is the function of princess @sea messenger?

Regal Princess guests will have the opportunity to connect with their fellow cruisers with the debut of Princess@Sea Messenger, a free mobile messenger feature offering guests an easy way to share updates and make plans during their cruise vacation.

The Princess@Sea Messenger is integrated in the complimentary Princess@Sea mobile app, accessed via a smartphone or tablet browser. It debuts on Regal Princess in November and will be rolled out to all cruise ships in the entire fleet by the end of 2015.

“We know it’s important for our guests to be able to stay in touch with their fellow cruisers,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “With the new Princess@Sea Messenger we’re making it even easier for them to share their experiences, stay in touch and even make new friends.”

Guests will be able to download Princess@Sea Messenger for free before sailing at the Apple or Android App Store or on board with the purchase of an internet package. Limited messaging functionality will also be available in Princess@Sea without downloading the app.

We are currently on the Emerald Princess and have been using T-Mobile's free international text to communicate both with each other on the ship and folks back home.

You are way off topic here.

Not the first to post off topic. Just showing there is an alternative to communicating while waiting for the app.

Your point is a good one. Cheap/ free texting is coming to cruise ships either with the ship's own app or an all inclusive intl plan like T- Mobile now offers. We had best get used to it. It has positives and negatives. I just wonder if cheap/ free phone calls onboard are far behind. While I don't mind the quieter option of texting, I really enjoyed the quiet of not listening to phone calls while cruising.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...