Can the booking name on cabin be transfered?

My sister-in-law informed us late last night she can't go on the cruise we have booked together. We have adjoining cabins on the Navigator. She's willing to transfer her booking to someone else in the family, instead of getting a partial refund. She's the only person booked in the cabin. We're just 38 days out. Can she do that? I'm hoping she can. :)

My sister-in-law informed us late last night she can't go on the cruise we have booked together. We have adjoining cabins on the Navigator. She's willing to transfer her booking to someone else in the family, instead of getting a partial refund. She's the only person booked in the cabin. We're just 38 days out. Can she do that? I'm hoping she can. :)

You normally can't change the only name on a booking.

I would have your sister-in-law call Royal and plead her case. Sometimes they waive the rules.

You normally can't change the only name on a booking.

I would have your sister-in-law call Royal and plead her case. Sometimes they waive the rules.

She called and they said it was against their policy. She ended up just cancelling and even with insurance, she's out over $900 because it's not an "emergency.". The person that was planning to take her place is disappointed. :(

Her cabin was back on the RC website and was grabbed up in less than an hour. (Hump D1 - 9th deck) :eek:

Related question. You have two people booked in a cabin named Alice and Bill. After final payment you find out Alice can't make it so you replace Alice with Chuck. Now at the very last minute (say the day of the cruise) Bill can't make it because of a work emergency. Can Chuck still go or is he out of luck Chuck? Would they deny Chuck boarding?

Edited by eel

Related question. You have two people booked in a cabin named Alice and Bill. After final payment you find out Alice can't make it so you replace Alice with Chuck. Now at the very last minute (say the day of the cruise) Bill can't make it because of a work emergency. Can Chuck still go or is he out of luck Chuck? Would they deny Chuck boarding?

The rules at Royal say that one person on the original booking must remain.

They would not deny Chuck boarding, they would cancel the booking when Bill cancels.

Edited by clarea

I had a concern this past Spring during our NZ & additional cruises back to the states. Our daughter was moved to her SIL's cabin when she decided to join the rest of us on this trip. I was worried if the SIL decided she couldn't do all three cruises and had to cancel as she was the main person booked for her Reserv. I feared if late into the booking, we wouldn't be able to move our daughter back to our JS or D-1 on the last cruise if the SIL cancelled the 2nd or 3rd sailing.

The rules at Royal say that one person on the original booking must remain.

They would not deny Chuck boarding, they would cancel the booking when Bill cancels.

I don't think that they would necessarily cancel the booking, but that they would reprice it to the current pricing, and Chuck might decide to cancel if it's too much money. I also think that Chuck's insurance might cover the cost of Bill cancelling, if it's for a covered reason (which work may or may not be, depending on Chuck's policy - you can add it to some independent policies).

If this is a real possibility, then the three of them should agree ahead of time how they would handle that so Chuck doesn't get shafted. Alice's cancellation wouldn't cost anything (maybe a name change charge?) but Bill's cancellation at the very last minute could cost Chuck a bundle and he should make sure that they would make it up to him. Imagine if there was nonrefundable air, prepaid hotels, whatever.:eek:

I don't think that they would necessarily cancel the booking, but that they would reprice it to the current pricing, and Chuck might decide to cancel if it's too much money. ...

That makes more sense Jean, thanks for the clarification.:)

If only ONE person was booked in the cabin, I would have just added a second person and(if this was going to a solo traveller) the first person would just be a no show. In the past, I was able to, through my travel agent, switch one of the original parties, and then sometime later switch the OTHER one of the original parties and it worked. 2 people who were originally booked were switched out with 2 new ones. Not sure if this made a difference, but one of the switches had the same last name (siblings). Not sure if this would work now, but it might

You are NOT supposed to be able to do this. I did, but it was long before final payment. Everyone involved was shocked when the name change was allowed.

She called and they said it was against their policy. She ended up just cancelling and even with insurance, she's out over $900 because it's not an "emergency.". The person that was planning to take her place is disappointed. :(

Her cabin was back on the RC website and was grabbed up in less than an hour. (Hump D1 - 9th deck) :eek:

I just noticed the cabin (9612) is back up and available this morning. :)