Question for Celebrity Official re: Shareholder OBC

attilamom1217

When we booked our cruise for next November using the PYP promotion, we were told that we would be able to get shareholder OBC as well.

Today, I noticed the new promotion and it is worth it for us to pay more for our cabin (A2 category) in order to get the "All In" promo.

When I called my TA, I asked if we would still be eligible for the Shareholder OBC. She called Celebrity and was informed that we not only would NOT be eligible for the Shareholder OBC if we pay the additional fare, but we were NEVER eligible for the Shareholder OBC under the PYP promotion.

Since we were told we were eligible for Shareholder OBC at the time we booked and I do know that Celebrity changed it's former policy of only one promo per cruise to now being able to combine PYP or 123Go with the FCC, or Shareholder or Captain's Club coupons, we would like to know the facts.

So - are we or aren't we eligible for Shareholder OBC under PYP or the new 123Go all inclusive? I believe we should be since it is one of the perks of being a shareholder.

thanks,

Debbi

Don't know the answer to your question, but for us the biggest perk of being a shareholder is the increased value of the stock:)

While that is true - for us as well - and there is a dividend paid, we were looking forward to the OBC. This is the first cruise we are taking since purchasing the stock and the OBC is nice for 11 nights!

I'm going to bet that you don't get an official answer to this question that many have asked. At best, you will get conflicting war stories....

If you ask stockholder relations, they say no, you can't combine the stockholder credit with anything else.

If you ask a celebrity sales agent you get a yes, you can combine a perk that says "combinable with one other perk" with the stockholder credit.

If you call celebrity to ask a customer service rep, you will get yes, no, maybe depending on who you speak to.

Celebrity has been very unclear and inconsistent on this topic....and their lack of consistent answers clearly indicates there is no written policy clearly understood across Celebrity and RCL (parent company).

Sorry...but the only way I know to get an answer to this is to apply for the stockholder credit on every cruise you take. Over the years we have found that irrespective of what we think should happen, we get the stockholder OBC about 60-65% of the time.

Hopefully, I am wrong....but let's see if "Celebrity Cruise" can post an official answer.

Remember each offer has it's own terms and conditions. The fact that PYP says it can be combined with 1 other offer doesn't necessarily mean that Shareholder credit can be combined with PYP.

I agree with the answer that you have to submit it to shareholder services for the definitive as to whether it can be combined based on their terms.

My bet is 99% the answer is no. But I was surprised recently when I got it when I had booked and Xciting deal.

Remember each offer has it's own terms and conditions. The fact that PYP says it can be combined with 1 other offer doesn't necessarily mean that Shareholder credit can be combined with PYP.

I agree with the answer that you have to submit it to shareholder services for the definitive as to whether it can be combined based on their terms.

My bet is 99% the answer is no. But I was surprised recently when I got it when I had booked and Xciting deal.

/\ /\ /\ This is the answer.... Likely when you booked the person just knew you could add another perk, and didn't dig deeper to verify the T&C of the perk you want to add (Shareholder credit).

Therefore the Shareholder credit's T&C disallow its use with other promotions, so it can not be added.

Investor relations will need to determine validity in any event, and I've even read stories where folks got IR to approve, and arrived to the ship to find that it was declined on board, as people had a conflicting perk on the account.

It seems quite clear that Shareholder credit is useful only when no other perks or discounts apply such as in close-in bookings, inside cabins, and TA's, TPAC's and Repo's.

As others have said, I too always submit my request and let them determine yes or no, and if I get a yes even when it's combined with another perk, I expect it to be removed on board and am happy if it remains as I am quite clear on the fact it is not shareable with anything else.

Edited by cle-guy

You can get Shareholder OBC for Senior, Resident and Xciting deal rates. We do all the time.

You cannot combine the Shareholder OBC with the 123GO, PYP or the booking onboard perk.

As I said...war stories.

We have received shareholder credit with booking online perks, free gratuities offered by celebrity, etc. we have had stockholder credits given and denied on group bookings.

They used to let you double dip but no longer. 5 1/2 years ago the stock hit a low of the low to mid teens. I should have bought then! Have done ok though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I actually bought the stock from a Cruise Critic Member tip (years ago( that it was very low in my IRA at $13.85 per share...needless to say, I'm thrilled AND I have more than paid for the amount in my OBC.

However....that being said...I rarely ever get it anymore with all the promotions they run.

I just booked a 14 night Celebrity cruise with an online agency. I quickly applied for the Shareholder Benefit ($250) and was refused because I'm allegedly getting a $100 past passenger OBC. Well, I don't need a calculator to figure out that this is not a good deal so I'm working on cancelling the pp credit in exchange for the shareholder benefit.

I'm sure that will go well.... NOT

VB

I'm going to bet that you don't get an official answer to this question that many have asked.

Hopefully, I am wrong....but let's see if "Celebrity Cruise" can post an official answer.

I also suspect we won't have a response from the official "Celebrity Cruise" CC poster, but really wish he/she would clarify this question.

As predicted. I had the $100 past passenger OBC removed by the agent, resubmitted and was refused again for another reason.

Next time I'll be sure to find out if the fare I'm getting is a special one and if the OBC comes from the agent or from Celebrity.

What a pain.

I also suspect we won't have a response from the official "Celebrity Cruise" CC poster, but really wish he/she would clarify this question.

There's no reason for Celebrity to comment, the rule of the Shareholder Perks are crystal clear, the OP had been given poor information (people make mistakes) and is unaware of the rules of the Shareholder credit itself and should be full aware of the T&C's of their shareholder perks, they don't apply when other perks apply.

9. Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the shareholder benefit offer
is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers,
upgrade offers, chartered sailings, certain group sailings, "dollars off/wave" promotional offers, certain price programs, reservations made on a reduced rate/travel agent rate/inter-line rate and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to
nd a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Seems CRYSTAL clear that Shareholder isn't valid with otter onboard credit offers, such as PYP.

IN order for a promo to apply, all the T&C's of all relevant promos must fit together. In this case the PYP allows addition of other promos, however the shareholder credit T&C explicitly prohibit its use, so you can't add the Shareholder perks, but may find other perks that don't have such restrictions in their T&C that will combine with PYP.

So - are we or aren't we eligible for Shareholder OBC under PYP or the new 123Go all inclusive? I believe we should be since it is one of the perks of being a shareholder.

thanks,

Debbi

Read the Shareholder Credit rules, and item #9 captured above, shows proof that the combination of the shareholder credit with other offers IS NOT a perk of owning the stock.

Sometimes people make mistakes, in this case sounds like a X agent did and gave bad advice. But as a shareholder, you (and I) should also be well aware of the T&C's when we want to apply them. As others say, apply for it, hope for the best but don't be disappointed if you get a NO, as it seems that you also have others perks, and know that Shareholder isn't applicable.

As the stock is at its second all-time high (1st being last week) today, I say what they are doing is working, leave the restrictions in place, let my portfolio grow. $67.70 right now. $68.40 last Monday.

Edited by cle-guy

It is deceptive advertising when Celebrity says that a perk can be combined with one other perk.....and then has perks that are not combinable.

Additionally, "certain price programs" is completely open ended....for example some group rates are ok, some aren't. The captain's club "upgrade offer" IS combineable with stockholder credit, even though the text you claim is so clear says that upgrade offers are not combinable. I had both on our last cruise a few weeks ago.

So I don't think it's all that crystal clear because some of the "fine print" isn't accurate/true so why would you assume that other parts still are true?

Unfortunately, Celebrity has so many promotions going on that everyone is confused......and one could easily believe that it's by design.

It is deceptive advertising when Celebrity says that a perk can be combined with one other perk.....and then has perks that are not combinable.

Unfortunately, Celebrity has so many promotions going on that everyone is confused......and one could easily believe that it's by design.

THAT pretty much says it all! :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60