Ultimate Pkg., Bottomless Champagne "thru" January??

jules815

Mpoole3 is leaving this Thursday and is going to check it out. Hopefully we will find out something VERY soon..

I will provide an update on the package as soon as I'm onboard!

There is just something fun about report back while you are onboard. :D

Great, thanks! I just looked at the deal again on the RC website. I was going over the fine print to see if I could find anything like "while supplies last." :) A few of us here are curious if this truly runs through the end of January.

Have fun on Liberty!

Great, thanks! I just looked at the deal again on the RC website. I was going over the fine print to see if I could find anything like "while supplies last." :) A few of us here are curious if this truly runs through the end of January.

Have fun on Liberty!

I want to know too since I'm going again in January on the Brilliance.

Its like we are all going on vacation with you !!!:D:D

Gotta love my virtual friends going with me!

I agree! I'm currently on Navigator of the Seas (sailing 11/9-11/16), and I wanted to post my experience in case anyone's in the same boat I am this week (no pun intended... OK, maybe a little intended [emoji6] ).

I've spent the last 3 days trying to find a soul on this ship who has even heard of their holiday champagne offer. I had to wait until we got to Cozumel so I could get a cell signal and pull up the page again. I thought I was going crazy -- did I just make it up?

Nope, there it is in black & white, right on the RC website. Armed with this proof, I marched down to Guest Services. Of course the guy that I talked to had never heard of the promotion (just like every other staff member on the ship), but he took my cell phone with the web page pulled up to find some answers. He talked to the Beverage Director, who said the promotion actually starts on 11/16 -- the day I get home! I pointed out that the site just says "November through January," which implies Nov 1-Jan 31. He agreed, apologized for the confusion, and offered to have a bottle of Moet sent to my room to compensate. It's not the bottomless glass that I was expecting, but I appreciate the gesture.

So there you have it, from the Beverage Director on Navigator: promotion officially starts on 11/16 and ends "mid-January." I pressed him for an exact end date, wanting to help the OP of this thread, but he couldn't be more specific than "mid-January." It's definitely not the Jan 31 that the website implies.

For you mid-to-late January cruisers, I would wait a month or so until the promotion is in full swing and then call RC. Surely by then word will have spread, and it won't be so hard to find someone who knows about it. If you can't get anywhere by calling them in advance, I'm sure you'll find lots of staff onboard who are familiar with it... and will probably tell you, "Oh, that ended last week." If that happens, pull up the misleading website with no specific dates and show them. Maybe you'll get a free bottle like I did.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions about the Ultimate Package... I've learned (and consumed! [emoji12] ) quite a lot in the last couple of days.

-Todd

I agree! I'm currently on Navigator of the Seas (sailing 11/9-11/16), and I wanted to post my experience in case anyone's in the same boat I am this week (no pun intended... OK, maybe a little intended [emoji6] ).

I've spent the last 3 days trying to find a soul on this ship who has even heard of their holiday champagne offer. I had to wait until we got to Cozumel so I could get a cell signal and pull up the page again. I thought I was going crazy -- did I just make it up?

Nope, there it is in black & white, right on the RC website. Armed with this proof, I marched down to Guest Services. Of course the guy that I talked to had never heard of the promotion (just like every other staff member on the ship), but he took my cell phone with the web page pulled up to find some answers. He talked to the Beverage Director, who said the promotion actually starts on 11/16 -- the day I get home! I pointed out that the site just says "November through January," which implies Nov 1-Jan 31. He agreed, apologized for the confusion, and offered to have a bottle of Moet sent to my room to compensate. It's not the bottomless glass that I was expecting, but I appreciate the gesture.

So there you have it, from the Beverage Director on Navigator: promotion officially starts on 11/16 and ends "mid-January." I pressed him for an exact end date, wanting to help the OP of this thread, but he couldn't be more specific than "mid-January." It's definitely not the Jan 31 that the website implies.

For you mid-to-late January cruisers, I would wait a month or so until the promotion is in full swing and then call RC. Surely by then word will have spread, and it won't be so hard to find someone who knows about it. If you can't get anywhere by calling them in advance, I'm sure you'll find lots of staff onboard who are familiar with it... and will probably tell you, "Oh, that ended last week." If that happens, pull up the misleading website with no specific dates and show them. Maybe you'll get a free bottle like I did.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions about the Ultimate Package... I've learned (and consumed! [emoji12] ) quite a lot in the last couple of days.

-Todd

Thanks for the clarification! So thankful I don't leave until November 30 now. Although I am ready to go tomorrow!!!!

-Todd

This is strange. I called RC last night to inquire about this promotion for my cruise this weekend on the 15th of November because of all the confusion circulating about it, and was told it is indeed available for my cruise. Me thinks they told you it starts on the 16th knowing you would be off the ship by then????:confused:

Mpoole3…….You better print the page off . November thru January, should mean just that ….November 1st through January.

This is not what I wanted to hear! I'm leaving on the 13th!!

I'm going into the office for a few hours tomm, so I'll be sure to print the promo off.

Thanks for the ship review of the promo, I'll be sure to post mine Thursday.

OMG… You were in the Macy's Parade compliments of Royal caribbean? Print that blog page off and show them…That champagne will be flowing. YOUR A STAR !!!

Ha indeed I was along with a live guest for the Google hangout with Adam Goldstein talking about dynamic dinning. Also the first Royal wow of the week they started in 2011 on their FB page.

Royal has been very kind to me over the years, so I'll never leave them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the work on board Todd. Enjoy your cruise!

Mpoole, look forward to hearing what you find out as well.

I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Of course we're sailing mid-January!

I don't understand how a big corporation could advertise something like this on their website, and not communicate to the ships. What's really sad is this is the kind of thing we've come to expect from RC. It shouldn't have to be that way.

Here at the port but still waiting to get on board! No idea what's going on, I've never waited this long. [ATTACH]331030[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh no! I hope you're on board soon. Thanks for checking in with us! :)

So I finally made it onboard!

However, I have some sad news to report! I've ask two tables selling the packages, they know NOTHING about the promo. I did ask a pool side bar tender who said it's starting in two weeks.

Should I even try and go to guest services or just drop it and enjoy my cruise?

However, I have some sad news to report! I've ask two tables selling the packages, they know NOTHING about the promo. I did ask a pool side bar tender who said it's starting in two weeks.

If you have a copy of the promo in writing, then I'd give Guest Services a try.

I would definitely go to guest services if you can still access the internet. Here is the info I posted the other day so you do not have to hunt for it. I just checked and the information is still there and it still says "Time Frame: November 2014 - January 2015".

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options Click on the Beverage Packages tab.

ScreenShot2014-11-06at81002PM_zps11ec09fd.png

RCCL should not have stuff advertised with broad dates if the package should be specific. If there are specific dates, the site should be updated (i.e. departures between November 22 2014 - January 15 2015). IMHO they need to honour this unless they fix the way it is listed online.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

I would definitely go to guest services if you can still access the internet. Here is the info I posted the other day so you do not have to hunt for it. I just checked and the information is still there and it still says "Time Frame: November 2014 - January 2015".

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options Click on the Beverage Packages tab.

ScreenShot2014-11-06at81002PM_zps11ec09fd.png

RCCL should not have stuff advertised with broad dates if the package should be specific. If there are specific dates, the site should be updated (i.e. departures between November 22 2014 - January 15 2015). IMHO they need to honour this unless they fix the way it is listed online.

Ahhh it worked! Updates to come soon!

I went to guest services, at first they gave me, "oh that's a promo that has to be bought on line only" I said, "oh no, no C&A told me they could honor promo on board" (which is true!) she said, "sorry that's not being offered yet" I firmly said, look I'm not looking for the run around just want to pay for the promo being offered.

She made a few calls in panic, but said they would honor promo but only at the champagne bar, as they are the only one who keeps it on hand. (So she says)

That's for those who encouraged me to ask at guest services!

At $17 glass this it going to be quite a fun cruise! :)