Emerald Princess Western Caribbean Cabin Choice

Cruiseboy86

Simple answer. It really does not matter.

When out at sea you are too far from land to see it on either side.

In port, no way to predict which way the ship will be oriented, so it again does not matter.

Going into or out of a port. What you don't see going in one direction you will see when heading the other way.

I assume this will be Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel? In which case I would only mildly personally pick port, and that would only be for the likely better close view of other ship traffic on the way out of Houston, which is something I like to watch. Port side would give you morning sun exposure going south and evening exposure going north, and vice versa. The Roatan pier is in a fairly narrow inlet so you get fairly good views of the island either side of the ship, when we did this cruise in 2013 onboard Crown Princess the ship docked starboard side to the pier, and I would tend to say the view on that side is slightly better than the view on the other, but only slightly. Belize is a tender port and the ship anchors about 5 miles off shore so little difference here, and Cozumel is a luck of the draw.

Ike

Select cabin based on deck, location on the deck, size of the balcony (caribe deck have the double size ones), if there are cabins above and below you. Port or Starboard, is not a very important selection criteria. Be aware that Princess may upgrade your selection to higher cat. If you don't want an upgrade have your booking marked 'no upgrade.'

Edited by sknight

For me port side. You will have more sunsets to watch as you head north up from Roatan. In Roatan you will be facing the pier. In Belize you tender 3-5 miles out so either side but most anchor to where portside will be facing land and tenders. And in Cozumel it just depends on which side they park on so can't really tell.... Hope this helps. Debbie

Edited by Mekamax