Upcoming Summit Cruise 11.8 - Questions?

Classynfun1

Hi all!

We leave tomorrow to embark on the Summit this Saturday, November 8th. I know many CC members have upcoming cruises on the Summit, so I wanted to collect questions and inquires now so I can collect the info each of you are interested in. For full disclosure, I'm only Select (so will not be taking advantage of Elite cocktail hour, etc. but will ask questions), am staying in an RS, are on Select dining, and gave not purchased a beverage package (yet).

Ask anything and I commit to finding info for you!

Can you let me know what time muster drill was scheduled?

Had hoped to arrive at port early (11 - 11:30 am?), grab lunch & head to OSJ

enjoy your cruise:)

We did this last year at the port, but didn't do lunch. There was such a long lineup we didn't want to waste time checking in and going for lunch. If I remember correctly they didn't start the embarkation process until 12:00 pm. We dropped off our luggage out front with the baggage valets and then instead of checking in, headed straight for a taxi and OSJ. The muster drill was later on in the evening before sail away.

We went to the old fort and spent the day there. Got back around 5 p.m. and checked in then. No line-up and took less than 10 minutes from exiting the taxi to finding our stateroom.

Edited by chrismakris

Hi all!

We leave tomorrow to embark on the Summit this Saturday, November 8th. I know many CC members have upcoming cruises on the Summit, so I wanted to collect questions and inquires now so I can collect the info each of you are interested in. For full disclosure, I'm only Select (so will not be taking advantage of Elite cocktail hour, etc. but will ask questions), am staying in an RS, are on Select dining, and gave not purchased a beverage package (yet).

Thanks for taking questions. Hopefully I am not too late in asking.

1. Time of the muster drill? So I can plan dinner time since I am on the select schedule

2. Do they do an outdoor deck party? this will assist with my packing.

3. Theme nights, namely 80s? Did this on the Reflection and was totally awesome.

Enjoy your trip and most of all have fun.

Ok - I've got the above questions noted and will get answers on all items! For those that asked about muster, I was told by someone on our roll call (who is currently on the ship and will be doing a B2B) that muster was at 7:45pm. They also asked and were told it will be for this cruise as well. I will confirm that for you all, though!

We plan to head to the ship to dump off the luggage as soon as we arrive in San Juan, so should get to the pier sometime around 11:00am. Will let you know about that (and if it was worth getting lunch or just heading in OSJ).

Keep the questions coming! I will continue to check back!:)

Have a great cruise !!

We enjoyed the Summit very much on our Southern Caribbean cruise last year... So much so we will be sailing her again to Bermuda in 2015.

Cannot think of any Questions...

But I do hope you'll do a Trip Report / Review when you return, as I will want to hear what you think, and all about your cruise.

Cheers!

Can you let me know what time muster drill was scheduled?

Had hoped to arrive at port early (11 - 11:30 am?), grab lunch & head to OSJ

enjoy your cruise:)

Would like to know the same as well. Edit: Forgot to hit post way earlier so I see you've already captured that. Sorry ;)

Also, would like to know if the specialty alcohol coffees are still at CABaccio- someone else came off the Eclipse recently and noticed the menu page where they would normally be listed was gone and guest relations told them those drinks weren't available any more. Curious as to whether this was an isolated thing or if it shows up on other ships.

Also, if we check in, go on the ship- can we leave the ship to go back into OSJ? I'd love to drop my bags, get some lunch, then go back into port for a bit. And if we can, I'd love to bring some Malloricas back on board- but I'm not sure I can bring food on? I mean, I don't see why not in Key West you can bring back the Key Lime Pie....Could you find out whether this'll be possible for me?

Thanks a bunch and safe travels!!

Oh! Can you save your dallies? Since we're on in 90 days, they might be rather close to what we experience.

Okay, I think....wait one more. lol. Can you find out if and when the Captian's Club get together is? Not the elite thing- not quite at that level yet, but if there's one for all the CC members?

Edited by sperkins921

Also, if we check in, go on the ship- can we leave the ship to go back into OSJ? I'd love to drop my bags, get some lunch, then go back into port for a bit.

As noted above, If you are not staying in OSJ I would just drop off my bags and go into town. You have to remember that Celebrity ships dock at the Pan-American terminal which is on the other side of Old San Juan. You would have to make three taxi trips all together. Going on the ship and having lunch will just cut into exploring time.

I would recommend booking a hotel in OSJ and leaving your bags at the hotel for the day while you explore and then head to the ship at about 4:30-ish.

The lineup will be gone and check in will be much smoother and quicker.

We did this last year at the port, but didn't do lunch. There was such a long lineup we didn't want to waste time checking in and going for lunch. If I remember correctly they didn't start the embarkation process until 12:00 pm. We dropped off our luggage out front with the baggage valets and then instead of checking in, headed straight for a taxi and OSJ. The muster drill was later on in the evening before sail away.

We went to the old fort and spent the day there. Got back around 5 p.m. and checked in then. No line-up and took less than 10 minutes from exiting the taxi to finding our stateroom.

never thought of this, thank you:)

I will be sailing on the Summit 12/13 and this will be my first sailing with Celebrity. I would like to know:

Theme nights? how do people pack for these things? I love an excuse to wear a costume but packing room will be tight. Please advise!

Can you take snacks off the ship for your daily port of call adventure? And if so. What is the best way to go about this.

I have minor sensitivity to motion so what is the current best method to reduce this on a Summit sized ship?

Do they crank the AC in the MDR and theaters, requiring light sweaters for cold natured folks like me?

Ok, thanks for help from anyone on the questions! Obviously I haven't cruised much:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for offering to answer these questions - I hope that you're having a great trip! If it isn't too much trouble, I'd love to know what kind of cable I need to display my tablet on the TV (so I can bring kid movies for my daughter)?

Hi all!

Asking which cabin you will be in/are in as it is the tenth. In June 2014 we were in the RS 6140 Starboard side. Now we are booked for Bermuda in May of 2015 in RS 6139 port side. We can't seem to find any info on the particular cabin and it will be totally opposite from the one before. Any info or pictures of this cabin and deck would be appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your cruise. I never get tired of Celebrity..:D