First Time Suite Passenger

I object 2

We've done inside, balcony, mini-suite, Vista Suite (Grand), and Penthouse Suite (CB). And we're trying our first Owner's Suite on the Pacific.

A PH is slightly better than a VS but not necessarily worth the price difference. Layout and size are similar and, of course, all the suite perks are the same. The key difference is the VS has the "dreaded beam" (which is really not an issue if it's the two of you) and not worth paying, say, $1,000+ just to get rid of it.

How do you like the vista suite? We've been tempted to try one for some time now. Why do you prefer the vista over the other aft suites?

We LOVE the Vista Suite! We have also upgraded to the Owners Suite and for the money - it's just not that much difference than the Vista - just has a dining table, small wall desk and a little larger entry. We prefer the Vista for the size of the room, bathroom and balcony but the best part is being on the back of the ship where we can open our balcony doors and hear the water churning. We travel on a tour bus all year and are use to sleeping to the sound of the generator running - so being able to hear the water is similar to what we are use to. We booked the Vista on the Royal last year and do not care for the location and changes in the new ship. They now have the Vista located on the very front of the ship with a tiny balcony off the living room. The bedroom has a window that looks out the front of the ship and boy when the sun is shining it heats up in the bedroom quickly. The living room is also MUCH smaller. We will look for a different suite to sail on the 2 new ships instead of the Vista. You won't be disappointed in a Vista suite!

I will be in a Vista suite on the Emerald in Jan., on the E deck, E732. I noticed this suite is right above Club Fusion. Am I likely to hear any noise/music coming from below? Is Club Fusion popular at night or not used too much? I hope not as I am a very light sleeper. Maybe the sound of the engines would drown out any noise coming from the nightclub below.

We LOVE the Vista Suite! We have also upgraded to the Owners Suite and for the money - it's just not that much difference than the Vista - just has a dining table, small wall desk and a little larger entry. We prefer the Vista for the size of the room, bathroom and balcony but the best part is being on the back of the ship where we can open our balcony doors and hear the water churning. We travel on a tour bus all year and are use to sleeping to the sound of the generator running - so being able to hear the water is similar to what we are use to. We booked the Vista on the Royal last year and do not care for the location and changes in the new ship. They now have the Vista located on the very front of the ship with a tiny balcony off the living room. The bedroom has a window that looks out the front of the ship and boy when the sun is shining it heats up in the bedroom quickly. The living room is also MUCH smaller. We will look for a different suite to sail on the 2 new ships instead of the Vista. You won't be disappointed in a Vista suite!

Thanks. The next Princess cruise we book will be a vista.

• 3 years later...
I will be in a Vista suite on the Emerald in Jan., on the E deck, E732. I noticed this suite is right above Club Fusion. Am I likely to hear any noise/music coming from below? Is Club Fusion popular at night or not used too much? I hope not as I am a very light sleeper. Maybe the sound of the engines would drown out any noise coming from the nightclub below.

We took a PASS on an up-sell offer from MS to full suite for that very reason. Last year we were directly ABOVE the piano in the piano bar. NEVER again. So A. NO for that reason and B. NO due to the Royal's aft soot reputation and C. We can do a lot with $50pp/pday. MS has always worked in the past!