First Time Suite Passenger

I object 2

Congrats to the Upsell offer cruisers.

Unfortunately we had to pay full price :( for our PH Suite.

I noticed that although the fares dropped multiple times for all of the other categories for our Jan 3 sailing, ours actually went up by a few hundred.

Why don't they drop the suite prices? I also noticed that there are 5 empty suites near ours so that means more upsell offers?

I noticed that although the fares dropped multiple times for all of the other categories for our Jan 3 sailing, ours actually went up by a few hundred.

Why don't they drop the suite prices? I also noticed that there are 5 empty suites near ours so that means more upsell offers?

Been discussed on other threads. The knowledgeable ones say Princess almost never discounts suites even after final payment. Any unsold suites are offered as upsales or upgrades to high status cruisers (elites) in minisuites. Princess then upgrades some elites from balconies to minis, etc., etc.

Been discussed on other threads. The knowledgeable ones say Princess almost never discounts suites even after final payment. Any unsold suites are offered as upsales or upgrades to high status cruisers (elites) in minisuites. Princess then upgrades some elites from balconies to minis, etc., etc.

Agree. We have never gotten a sale price on a suite (and we have occupied a suite since the first cruise) nor have we had a price reduction after booking a suite.

Mike:)

Jan, I can inform you that you have made the biggest mistake of your cruising life! :eek: Now you will never be happy with anything else!! We now are more selective about cruising, because we only want to cruise in suites.

Oh, you are SOOOOO right!! We just got back recently from sailing in a suite on Celebrity Infinity and it was fantastic. We had a butler, a bathroom to die for - it was as big as some cabins, and we got to eat in Blu (an upscale dining room) instead of the MDR. It's just so hard to go back again. We're doing another suite on our next cruise. I especially love them on longer cruises and ones that have alot of sea days. :D

Oh, you are SOOOOO right!! We just got back recently from sailing in a suite on Celebrity Infinity and it was fantastic. We had a butler, a bathroom to die for - it was as big as some cabins, and we got to eat in Blu (an upscale dining room) instead of the MDR. It's just so hard to go back again. We're doing another suite on our next cruise. I especially love them on longer cruises and ones that have alot of sea days. :D

I would tell you that "I told you so" but no need! :p The "Suite Life" is everything it is cracked up to be and so much more. ;)

Congrats on a successful cruise and many more! :D

Just Mike

I wish I'd get one of those upsell offers so I wouldn't have to pay full suite price.....:D:D:D

Bob

Have to say I wish Princess had some of the perks other lines have for suite passengers, while I did not enjoy a lot of the things on my RCCL voyage I loved the lounge they had for suite and elite passengers. Free drinks anf finger foods every evening and the concierge was there to help you or answer questions. And I wonder why princess is not doing Butler service?...anyone have any info on that?

Michael

Princess discontinued butler service around 2000-2001 I think.

Just curious as to what duties a butler would perform?

And what perks are Princess missing in their suites that are offered by others?

Butlers on Cunard pack and unpack, serve at in suite get togethers, and organise bookings like spa treatments.

Also, suite passengers get access to Michelin quality (unable to get the rating due to many sea days meaning produce isn't always fresh) restaurants.

Plus, Princess suites are on the small side. The biggest suites are around 1300-1400 square feet total, compared to the largest suites on QM2 of around 2,250 square feet.

Butlers on Cunard pack and unpack, serve at in suite get togethers, and organise bookings like spa treatments.

Also, suite passengers get access to Michelin quality (unable to get the rating due to many sea days meaning produce isn't always fresh) restaurants.

Plus, Princess suites are on the small side. The biggest suites are around 1300-1400 square feet total, compared to the largest suites on QM2 of around 2,250 square feet.

I really had rather do my own packing and making of appointments and reservations but can see where some folks would like that.

As to the size of the suites, Princess suites are priced at less than half of most of the suites I have seen on Cunard so maybe that accounts for some of that difference.

Overall it seems there is a vast difference in the product as well as the price.

Thanks,

I really had rather do my own packing and making of appointments and reservations but can see where some folks would like that.

As to the size of the suites, Princess suites are priced at less than half of most of the suites I have seen on Cunard so maybe that accounts for some of that difference.

Overall it seems there is a vast difference in the product as well as the price.

Thanks,

Oh, for sure. For two people, the largest Princess suite for a week might cost $10,000. The equivalent on QM2 is $39,000.

We got a upsell on the new regal from a mini to the owners suite,what a deal to be in another world.

long cruiser

Curious on how much the upsell will cost? The OS itself is nothing special. Probably just a hair bigger, if that, than a Vista suite on a non Royal/Regal ship. Balconies are the best (especially the Dolphin deck) if not for the soot issue. We were unable to enjoy our absolutely huge balcony due to the daily build up of soot.....:(:(:(

Bob

As big as thesecruise ships are getting maybe one day they will go nuclear like the Navy ships and end the "soot" problem.....lol

Curious on how much the upsell will cost? The OS itself is nothing special. Probably just a hair bigger, if that, than a Vista suite on a non Royal/Regal ship. Balconies are the best (especially the Dolphin deck) if not for the soot issue. We were unable to enjoy our absolutely huge balcony due to the daily build up of soot.....:(:(:(

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious as to what duties a butler would perform? And what perks are Princess missing in their suites that are offered by others?

I asked that same question on the Celebrity board and the answer helped me to figure out the roles of the butler and steward. The butler assists in things that pertain to you and the steward does things that pertain to your room.

So, the steward cleans and straightens up your room, replenishes toiletries, gets linen, keeps the balcony clean, etc. His assistant helps him. The butler would bring any food you order from room service or from the restaurants, he brings daily snacks/tea at 4pm, he makes reservations or requests such as a bridge tour, or organizes/serves at a party you might have. They will pack/unpack for you, but I can't imagine who'd want them to do that; definitely not me. And you have to tip him separately because he's not included in the "daily" tip.

I'll be in a Princess suite next year but won't miss having a butler. They're not an essential for me, but there might be people who would utilize them more than I did and feel they're necessary.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Also, in addition to the items mentioned he would be the one you go to with problems, instead of standing in line.....(even the short line suite and elite members might have) he is basically the one you go to with your problems. the first line anyhow, sometimes there might be issues he can't solve but will assist you.

And personally I have no problem with him unpacking for me. He can note any suites that need pressing shoes that need a polish, and will generally lay things out in a much more orderly manner than I might. Any items you have that are private or valuable enough that you might not trust him with, can be carried on and put away by you.

I asked that same question on the Celebrity board and the answer helped me to figure out the roles of the butler and steward. The butler assists in things that pertain to you and the steward does things that pertain to your room.

So, the steward cleans and straightens up your room, replenishes toiletries, gets linen, keeps the balcony clean, etc. His assistant helps him. The butler would bring any food you order from room service or from the restaurants, he brings daily snacks/tea at 4pm, he makes reservations or requests such as a bridge tour, or organizes/serves at a party you might have. They will pack/unpack for you, but I can't imagine who'd want them to do that; definitely not me. And you have to tip him separately because he's not included in the "daily" tip.

I'll be in a Princess suite next year but won't miss having a butler. They're not an essential for me, but there might be people who would utilize them more than I did and feel they're necessary.

I will be sailing Jan. 18 on the Emerald in a Vista suite, for the first time. I see one of the perks is preferred reservations for dinner. I had to take anytime dining as that was all that is available. I'm reading about the very long lines and waits for dinner as there doesn't seem to be enough space to accommodate the ATD people. Is one of my suite perks getting to go to the head of the line? If I call (?) in the morning to make a dinner reservation is my cabin flagged as being a suite that puts me ahead of someone else in line for a reservation? Would I be able to reserve the same table for the same time for every night all at once, or do I have to go through the reservation process every day? How much time do you spend on hold waiting for someone to make your reservation? Can the rest of my family who are not in the suite join the 3 of us who are in the suite on our dinner table reservation?

At my advanced age, I'm over the fear of asking 'dumb questions' so what, exactly, is a 'pillow menu'? Booked our first suite on Regal in March.

My wife likes those memory foam contour pillows. My favorite is one I can 'scrunch-up till it's about the size of a football.

We sail in the Vista suite often - just got off the Emerald in D736 Vista Suite. My husband uses a body pillow and when we asked our steward for a body pillow (listed in the pillow menu) he brought us 2 of the memory foam contour pillows. :-/ He made it work.

I will be sailing Jan. 18 on the Emerald in a Vista suite, for the first time. I see one of the perks is preferred reservations for dinner. I had to take anytime dining as that was all that is available. I'm reading about the very long lines and waits for dinner as there doesn't seem to be enough space to accommodate the ATD people. Is one of my suite perks getting to go to the head of the line? If I call (?) in the morning to make a dinner reservation is my cabin flagged as being a suite that puts me ahead of someone else in line for a reservation? Would I be able to reserve the same table for the same time for every night all at once, or do I have to go through the reservation process every day? How much time do you spend on hold waiting for someone to make your reservation? Can the rest of my family who are not in the suite join the 3 of us who are in the suite on our dinner table reservation?

You need to tell them you are a suite passenger and you get priority seating. I believe you just have to tell them how many will be in your party.

We sail in the Vista suite often - just got off the Emerald in D736 Vista Suite. My husband uses a body pillow and when we asked our steward for a body pillow (listed in the pillow menu) he brought us 2 of the memory foam contour pillows. :-/ He made it work.

How do you like the vista suite? We've been tempted to try one for some time now. Why do you prefer the vista over the other aft suites?

How do you like the vista suite? We've been tempted to try one for some time now. Why do you prefer the vista over the other aft suites?

We picked a Vista Suite on the Sapphire for our 20th Wedding Anniversary....it was great. The next year we decided to try an Owner's Suite on the Grand to Alaska. These suites were both aft.

We were disappointed in the Owner's Suite - just too much wasted space. Since we booked a Vista for our 20th.....we are now spoiled and have booked them since. Not sure we would book an Owner's Suite again, at least not on the Grand. Looking forward to our Christmas/New Year cruise in a Vista in just a few weeks.:)