Another great veterans benefit.

PunkiC

We all love our veterans benefits on Princess, one of the big reasons that keeps us so loyal, but did you know that you can get a free meal at one of 70 local restaurants to celebrate Veterans Day?

So grab your DD-214 and head to your favorite restaurant. You can find a list here:

http://freebies.about.com/od/freefood/tp/veterans-day-free-meals.htm

Thanks for the information. :D We found an ad by Publix with a 10% discount on groceries on Veterans Day in our local paper. Now we'll have a dinner date and I'll treat hubby. ;):D

When I looked at Publix they said they "were stocking their shelves." Was there a coupon and is everything subject to the 10%?

When I looked at Publix they said they "were stocking their shelves." Was there a coupon and is everything subject to the 10%?

Pia, there was a notice on the front of our weekly flyer: Save 10% on Veterans Day. Offer to Veterans, Military Personnel, and Family Members, with Military ID.

McCormick & Schmick's is having their Veteran's celebration on Sunday so we have reservations for noon with another military couple. Then on Monday, we are taking our daughter-in-law-elect to lunch at Claim Jumpers. We will probably also walk over to Starbucks and grab a free coffee. :D

You don't need a coupon Pia, just proof that you are in the military or a veteran. We are carrying my husbands DD214 while we are out on Veterans Day. The Public ad excludes gift cards, greeting cards, stamps and pharmacy,alcohol and tobacco.

The ad was in the Publix flyer delivered in our newspaper.

This might be a good day to take my hubby out for a free breakfast, lunch and dinner !! :D;)

Edited by Mom33

You don't need a coupon Pia, just proof that you are in the military or a veteran. We are carrying my husbands DD214 while we are out on Veterans Day. The Public ad excludes gift cards, greeting cards, stamps and pharmacy,alcohol and tobacco.

The ad was in the Publix flyer delivered in our newspaper.

This might be a good day to take my hubby out for a free breakfast, lunch and dinner !! :D;)

I just went to look at the flyer. If that ad were any bigger it would bite me. So much for noticing. Thanks. We will definitely be going shopping on Tuesday.

If anyone has a Hurricane Grill in their area, I just got email from them about free meal. Also Festival Flea Market is giving a $10 meal voucher. I just put his DD214 in my purse. :D

Yes, Pia, the Hurricane Grill is on the list, but we don't have one close to us.

There are, however, lots of other good places near us that are also on the list.

We also don't have a Publix, but m favorite local grocery store, Fred Meyer, has 10% off for Seniors the first Tuesday of every month. That's when I buy my plants, well ok, one of the times I buy my plants. :D

Yes, Pia, the Hurricane Grill is on the list, but we don't have one close to us.

There are, however, lots of other good places near us that are also on the list.

We also don't have a Publix, but m favorite local grocery store, Fred Meyer, has 10% off for Seniors the first Tuesday of every month. That's when I buy my plants, well ok, one of the times I buy my plants. :D

Just found out BB and Beyond is giving 20% off on entire purchase. My daughter just informed me she needs several hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise. Guess where the DD214 is also going on Tuesday.

WOW! That is amazing information. Thank you so much. So we also have a trip to BB and Beyond on our schedule for Tuesday. :)

I just read their ad. Seems the 20% is good today too, thru November 11th. Maybe we'll go today or tomorrow and save Tuesday for other stuff. LOL