Celebrity pre cruise packages . Looking for package in Rome Before Nov 4'2015 transa

Skip111

Not sure what the question is.

When we've done a similar sailing we just made our own Pre-Cruise plans as the cost is generally much lower than Celebrity's rates. If you look at the Italy port of call forum here on cruise critic there are lots of discussions about transportation options, hotels and touring in Rome. Hotel availability isn't as much of a problem in November as it is in Summer and the rates will be a bit lower. By booking on your own you'll also have a wider choice of hotel locations.

You can also get a lot of suggestions by participating in your cruise Roll Call here on cruise critic and might even find fellow Cruise Critic members on your cruise to share excursions with.

What is a roll call? Look here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=547106

Edited by Lsimon

We've never used a cruise lines pre-cruise package either--we find much better deals ourselves. Of course it is more convenient and easier to just use the Celebrity package, as you don't have to do any research or bookings yourself.

But I enjoy finding out all the possibilities available.

If you don't want to arrange it yourself, get a travel agent to do it for you. In 2009, I was on a HAL repo which ended in Rome. My friend wanted to stay 3 days after the cruise in Rome, and wanted to just do the HAL package. My TA found us a more central hotel, arranged better timed tours, plus transfers, and saved each of us $700. EM