Balconys Good,better,best?

Gallivanting Souls

I notice Caribe Deck Balcony's mentioned frequently as a favorite balcony location.

Besides Caribe,can you please tell me your preference of balcony location and why? I am currently booked midship on the Baja deck inside. (IA)

There are MANY balcony's left on my sailing. Maybe I just might consider getting one if I am called for an upsell or maybe even an upgrade. A girl can dream and let me tell you, I am dreaming a lot!

T-68 days and counting!

I notice Caribe Deck Balcony's mentioned frequently as a favorite balcony location.

Besides Caribe,can you please tell me your preference of balcony location and why? I am currently booked midship on the Baja deck inside. (IA)

There are MANY balcony's left on my sailing. Maybe I just might consider getting one if I am called for an upsell or maybe even an upgrade. A girl can dream and let me tell you, I am dreaming a lot!

T-68 days and counting!

Caribe balcony's are best because of the size. But I recently had a Baja balcony on Star Princess. It was just fine, actually probably better than a Caribe because it did rain a bit in Alaska and I could stand at the rail without getting wet. :p As for forward/mid/aft, that's probably just personal preference. I don't get motion-sick, so that really doesn't matter to me.

T-68 days and counting!

It's just a matter of choice,we have had both but just love the Caribe deck Balconies as they are so big, The Caribe balcony is half covered which we found quite good for shelter from Sun & rain and also plenty of cover for Privacy, much better than the Minis on the deck directly below, who have no privacy whatsoever. Both Baja & Caribe Deck Balconies are good choices. Best of luck with your choice.

For location, I choose aft. I like the side-facing cabins near the aft elevators (not cabins facing directly aft and over the wake- don't care for those). Aft and forward cabins cost less than midship because midship feels less of the ship's movement. However, I notice no appreciable difference in movement between midship cabins and those near the aft elevators. The forward cabins, especially those farthest forward, can get bumpy and I avoid those cabins. The aft location is also good for easy access to the buffet and the MDR on most ships.

Edited by Princess Patches

For location and price, we like the Cat. BE balcony cabins on the Caribe Deck. They're convenient to the things we like--the Oasis Pool during the day and the Princess Theater at night. After seeing the late production show, it's great not to have to walk the length of the ship to get back to our cabin.

T-68 days and counting!

The Caribe Balconies are big and half covered.

Of the balconies we've had, we like the Riviera Deck aft, as this is real close to the aft, adult pool, like 4 steps up and voila. There's also a great view from the top deck of balconies.

That said, we don't get seasick and there can be a little more motion if choppy seas are around in the aft or fore section rather than in the middle of the ship.

Of the balconies we've had, we like the Riviera Deck aft, as this is real close to the aft, adult pool, like 4 steps up and voila.

Or the Aloha deck on ships without the extra deck. If I can't be aft on the top deck, I'll take Caribe anywhere.

It"s all in what's important to you. I never pick a Caribe balcony because it's not fully covered. I'll take a smaller balcony and have it fully covered. I usually pick a cabin near the aft elevators on a Grand class ship because the dining rooms and buffet are in the aft half of the ship. It's closer to get ready for meals and easy to run up to the buffet to grab something. I like the Aloha (or Riviera, depending on ship) deck that has access to the Terrace pool area. Some people say they have noise from above on those decks, but I've never had that problem yet.

Edited by KruzPrincess

Got off caribbean princess last week and really glad I fought my upgrade from caribe to aloha. Really enjoyed the large caribe balcony and the covered/uncovered aspect. Great to have the extra room for room service breakfast! Had c704 (aft location), no issues with movement or noise from the elevators. Would book this location again in a heartbeat.