What to Do ?

somat

It should be covered.

Be sure to get very clear bills from the doctor and infirmary on the ship. That will be necessary for you when submitting a claim. Hopefully, you are still on the ship and can get these bills before you disembark. Just showing your on board account statement with the total charge might not be sufficient to satisfy the insurance company.

It should be covered.

Be sure to get very clear bills from the doctor and infirmary on the ship. That will be necessary for you when submitting a claim. Hopefully, you are still on the ship and can get these bills before you disembark. Just showing your on board account statement with the total charge might not be sufficient to satisfy the insurance company.

I thoroughly advise getting bills, treatment details from ships doctor BEFORE you leave the medical centre, should you be sent to foreighn hospital by ships doctore, you need to get the same bills etc from there IN ENGLISH, if that is language of your Ins. company.

I am embroiled with Berkely Care Ins, due to problems while on QM2 (CUNARD)

I traveled solo so no one to look out for me when I had a stroke Oct 5th. Was off loaded to hospital supposedly for tests to decide damage to my brain, treatment for no use of entire left side, and inability to speak. It was a nightmare, never saw doctor for 4 days, no test, and never received a cooked meal in 6 days.

Medi evac. back to USA was excellent from Call International, trouble started when I filed claims for trip interruption and medical cvosts with Berkely care which I had purchasd with the final payment to Cunard three months prior to cruise.

Ships medical centre charged my credit card on file for almost $3,000 Oct 6th. Hospital made me pay their costs before I could leave used my credit card .

I had 11 days of not being on board , so trip interruption cost would be approx. $5,500, plus $3,000+ for medical costs.

Filled out about 15 forms, plus supplied medical documention (some in foreign language of course )

because I was so handicaped with stroke , filling out forms and gathering documention was horrendous.

I sent everything to Berkely care , first they cancelled the original claim because they had given the claim two different numbers, then they claimed they did not receive the forms for the 2nd claim.

Now they admit they have had the forms since Nov 12th, but that nothing has been done to process the claim.

They admit the claims are "usually" covered by them, but only after I submit to Medicare, and Supp Ins (mutual of Omaha) who will "Deny the claims as neither pay for anything outside USA" (Berkelys words exactly) They know Medicare and Mutual will deny, but still insists that when I get the denial, I then have to re submit my claim gain.

Who knows if or when Berkely care will get around to processing my legal claims, .

I am so thankful my repat home was in the hands of Call International and Nurses to the Rescue, and not Berkely care.

Berkely care is the "horses rear end" one staffer having been told of the stroke, and my incapacitation ( useless left side, lack of speech, being alone in a foreign country, no medical care at hospital) asked me "why I did not rejoin the cruise " and demanded to know what "efforts I made to return to the ship"!!!!!!!!.

I am struggling to put my life together, left hand arm still no use , left foot, drops when I try to walk with cane or walker. speech back but slow, brain still works, but slow to understand ( am no longer fit to drive). It seems to me that Berkely Care staff feel I am lying , that I never had a stroke, that I am trying a scam.

I am very distressed with al this, I live alone and there have been times I feel that when life is really not worth living any more.

Jimsgirl

I am sorry to hear how unhelpful and uncooperative the insurance company has been with the paperwork.

And I will make sure not to buy a policy backed by them.

I hope you recover and go see many more places and people.

Sending hugs.

Edited by Kiran
add who post addressed to