Free Companion Airfare for 2016 Cruises

Host Jazzbeau

The Celebrity website shows that the newly announced itineraries for 2016 are eligible for 1-2-3go! All-Inclusive and the Suite Class "free companion air to Europe..."

The fine print even includes this language:

"For cruises departing when air is not available for sale, guests will be contacted when airlines open air for purchase; air must be booked no later than four months prior to cruise departure date."

But the Celebrity rep told me (after checking and calling back) that it does NOT apply to 2016 cruises because they can't quote airfare on them yet. Then what does the above language mean?

Has anybody been able to book a suite for 2016 with a promise of Free Companion Airfare?

I am the one that booked under that promotion. It is for a European cruise in May 2016 on the Reflection.. I was told by Captains Club that I would be contacted by Celebrity when the flights are released by the airline (It would be through Choice Air). I know that a round-trip flight from Philadelphia to Rome could cost at least $1500.

I am taking a screen shot of the promotion and will call them when the flights are released.

I am the one that booked under that promotion. It is for a European cruise in May 2016 on the Reflection.. I was told by Captains Club that I would be contacted by Celebrity when the flights are released by the airline (It would be through Choice Air). I know that a round-trip flight from Philadelphia to Rome could cost at least $1500.

I am taking a screen shot of the promotion and will call them when the flights are released.

Does the companion free air apply to Sky Suites too? I know some suite promotions only apply to CS and above. We also plan to travel in May 2016.

Thanks! I took a screenshot of your post to show my TA.

My TA confirmed that I can't get the Free Companion Air on the May 31, 2016 Constellation cruise. So I went with an AquaClass cabin.

I also noted that even without a suite and with the 1-2-3go! All Inclusive offer, this cruise is costing almost as much as a similar Azamara cruise at the same time. We're staying with Connie because the itinerary ticks all the right boxes, but it's interesting that Azamara would be comparable.

Did your TA give a reason why you can't get the free companion airfare?

My TA confirmed that I can't get the Free Companion Air on the May 31, 2016 Constellation cruise. So I went with an AquaClass cabin.

I also noted that even without a suite and with the 1-2-3go! All Inclusive offer, this cruise is costing almost as much as a similar Azamara cruise at the same time. We're staying with Connie because the itinerary ticks all the right boxes, but it's interesting that Azamara would be comparable.

Did your TA give a reason why you can't get the free companion airfare?

I don't remember what she said, but it was consistent with what the Celebrity rep had said about flights not being settled yet. I know she worked hard to get an answer, and she has a different chain at Celebrity than we do, so this seems like a consistent corporate policy at this point.

If my TA had said yes, I was going to ask her to get it in writing from Celebrity because I've heard horror stories about people being mislead by cruise line reps.

I will keep a watch on prices for this cruise -- maybe it will be one of the "lucky" ones where they go down and I can get a good offer later.