Tell me about the shows on the Independence of the Seas

We are sailing on Indy over New Year's and this is the info I received from RCI in response to an email I sent re on-board entertainment.

We are pleased to offer the following entertainment on-board the Independence of the Seas:

Under the Big Top – Main Theater

Center Stage - Main Theater

Once Upon A Time - Main Theater

Strings! A World Adventure on Ice – Ice Show

Freeze Frame – Ice Show

Olympus Rocks – Parade

The Mad Hatter’s Ball - Parade

Michele Balan - Comedian

Joe Nagy - Schooner Bar Entertainer

Robbie Mcnay - Pub Guitarist

Resurrection - A Journey Tribute

Steve Caouette - Comedy Variety

Craig A Meyer - Impressionist

Juliette Primrose - Ice Act - Star Act

Royal Caribbean International sets the industry standard for cruise line entertainment at sea. From Broadway-caliber performances to interactive shows for kids, our talent from all over the world offers exciting on-board entertainment for guests of all ages. On-board entertainment includes:

• Live shows in our world-class theaters

• Parades

• Live music

• Special events, game shows and theme nights

• Stand-up comedy

Hope this helps. Only 20 more sleeps!

Well we're back from our New Year's cruise on Indy, had a great time (as usual). Not all of the entertainment listed above by RCI was offered, maybe because it was only a 6 night cruise, one of which was NYE.

This is what we attended and our impressions:

The "Welcome Aboard" Parade seemed a little disjointed, lot of space and time between participants, not as big a production as we have seen on other RCI cruises, few in costume, few dancers etc but mostly representatives of various groups walking down the promenade (i.e., Dining Room, Cooks, Guest Services etc).

Alhambra Theater: Once Upon A Time; "Resurrection"- A Journey Tribute; Elton John Tribute; Comedy Show, Farewell Show.

Journey and Elton Tributes were fantastic, people were on their feet clapping and singing along (encouraged by the performers). "Once Upon A Time" was good but the music seemed to overpower the singers at times. Farewell show was fine - your normal "end of cruise event". Didn't attend the Comedy show so can't comment on that.

There was also a "Village People" group one evening on the Bridges above the Promenade singing songs from that era. Good but crowded on the Promenade.

The Freeze Frame Ice show was excellent, it's amazing what they can do on a small ice surface. Everyone in our group absolutely loved "The Quest" and "Love & Marriage", they were hilarious!

We also really enjoyed the band "Rock The Boat" who played most nights in the Pyramid Lounge. We actually decided to spend NYE there rather than on the very crowded Promenade to ring in the New Year with our family and friends. Danced the night away, until the music stopped at 1:15 a.m. (which seemed early for New Year's Eve). Fear not - we moved our party to the Disco, probably raised the average age in there by 20 years but we had a great time :)

Another thing our group enjoyed was the Music Trivia contests in the Schooner Lounge. One evening it was "Name That Tune and the Movie", another night it was "Beatles Music Trivia", most of us are music fans so that was great fun. There was also Adult and Family Karaoke, which was fun.

There was lots to do in the evenings, truly something for everyone.

Can't wait til our next cruise in May!

Eek! Very excited when I read that there is a Once Upon A Time show and a Mad Hatter's Parade. I am a fairytale nerd, so hopefully they don't change by May!

I am sure the Mad Hatter's Parade attracts all the children and the show is probably great as well.

Eek! Very excited when I read that there is a Once Upon A Time show and a Mad Hatter's Parade. I am a fairytale nerd, so hopefully they don't change by May!

Considering how long the same shows have been on Indy I would say the chances are extremely good that there will be no changes before your May cruise.

Probably no changes until a dry dock, and I don't think Indy is scheduled for a few years.

excellent

that is great news.

I really want to hear some of the bands that people talk about, especially the Journey Tribute Band - I am a huge Journey fan.

THANKS!!

excellent

that is great news.

I really want to hear some of the bands that people talk about, especially the Journey Tribute Band - I am a huge Journey fan.

THANKS!!

That would be one of the Headliners, and those generally change every cruise or so. Some entertainers (like Rock the Boat) do stay on for an extended period (months), but that's not typical. It's the production shows (singers and dancers) that stay on for years and years.

excellent

that is great news.

THANKS!!

Well, we have a difference of opinion on that matter. The only thing that doesn't change are the production shows. There is no telling if there will be a Journey Tribute band on your cruise or not.

These production shows have got to go. And they did not even change during the previous dry dock.:rolleyes:

Happy to hear that the Quest is being done on the 6-night cruises. We are going in March and always look forward to that. Does Indy have a kid's Quest? We did in on Freedom 3 years ago and our kids loved it.

When I printed off a recent 8 night on Indy, I came across something listed as Family Scavenger Hunt on day 2 at 12:15 Would this be the same thing you are talking about??

When I printed off a recent 8 night on Indy, I came across something listed as Family Scavenger Hunt on day 2 at 12:15 Would this be the same thing you are talking about??

Definitely NOT.:eek: Well, maybe it is the kids' Quest but it sure isn't the real Quest.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Hi,

Does anyone know where the reserved seating is for suite guests on Indy? On Freedom they were above the sky bar and not very desirable. I thought I heard somewhere on here that they were moved. Any news?

Thanks in advance!

Freedom class are all above the skybar.

Well, we have a difference of opinion on that matter. The only thing that doesn't change are the production shows. There is no telling if there will be a Journey Tribute band on your cruise or not.

These production shows have got to go. And they did not even change during the previous dry dock.:rolleyes:

well that is not good news.

I read a lot about all the bands that play on ht Indy and how good they really are.

As I said, being a huge Journey fan just made this cruise even more of a good choice - but I guess I will have to wait and see once we board (not sailing until 8/9, which is still a long way off.)

Thanks,