"Nothing to do after 9pm" fact or fiction?

LMaxwell

BB King shows starts on the Oosterdam on the day we join her in Sydney (Oz), 16th January, 2015.

I'm on the cruise from 2 January from Sydney - what a pity I'll miss it!

Not to worry - I wasn't expecting the BB King show and there is always plenty to enjoy on the Oosterdam, so all good!

Something for next time.....

Edited by Lis2065

There are over 1000 passengers on a typical cruise, so it is possible that someone else was also there. There are numerous cases of radically different reviews for the same exact cruise. Much of the difference has to do with the expectations and attitude of the individual rather than the cruise itself.

igraf

Were you there for MY experiences? I don't think so.

Will there be any deck parties, or parties for crossing the equator?

There's always a deck party at initial sail-away (weather permitting), and sometimes at sail-away from selected ports.

There's a King Neptune Ceremony on every cruise that crosses the equator, but if the ship is doing a round-trip, it is only held on one leg of the cruise.

This ceremony is a whole lot of fun, and worth getting there early for a seat---hopefully with a view.

If it's your first crossing, don't pass up the chance to kiss the fish. You only cross for the first time once. ;)

Edited by RuthC

Perhaps the question is less "Is there anything to do after 9:00 PM?", and more "Is there anything to do that I would enjoy after 9:00 PM?"

Clearly, people have posted of many activities in the evening. But if none of those activities are to your taste, or if you want to share the activities with a large crowd that doesn't appear, then you won't find anything to do.

Ruth you are right. When we don't find anything that we like to do, my DH and I take a deck of cards and play. Or use the computer to keep in touch, read a book, take a walk on deck, sit and chat with others, or of course when all else fails, we EAT again.